Gig: BST Hyde Park, London, 20 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

thespider

Re: Gig: BST Hyde Park, 20 June

Post by thespider » 16 Jul 2015, 15:42

JAIME wrote: Jupiter & Okwess International were the best support band imo, but I enjoyed The Horrors and Metronomy too. Drenge not too much really.
Am I the only person who checked out Kitty Davis & Lewis? I thought they were really good. I love old school blues, RnB. Same vibe as Vintage Trouble who I saw supporting AC/DC last week. They were FANTASTIC. :D

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 19 Jul 2015, 00:23

thespider wrote:
JAIME wrote: Jupiter & Okwess International were the best support band imo, but I enjoyed The Horrors and Metronomy too. Drenge not too much really.
I agree with your overall assessment! Drenge was decent, but they lacked in depth for some reason and tried to over compensate with sheer volume only!

I just wish I got the girl's numbers who I spent the entire afternoon with until I got pushed WAY in the back during Blur! Lord.... they did "Bad Head" and that was one I was always hoping to hear live! I just wish they also did "Blue Jeans" and "Coping".....

What baffles me is that they perform so much from "Parklife" and "Great Escape".... I know at the other Hyde Park gigs didn't prominently have hardcore Blur fans, but this one definitely did and I'd thought they deviate somewhat from some of the hits... I'm not complaining whatsoever since this is the first time I've ever seen them live up close and in person...So........

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 20 Jul 2015, 16:43

No full bootleg of this yet? I'm surprised.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 23 Jul 2015, 05:32

dparrott wrote:No full bootleg of this yet? I'm surprised.
I would love this! The only bootleg I do have is the one I have committed to memory!

KingLouieLouie76

Re: Gig: BST Hyde Park, London, 20 Jun 2015

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 21 Jun 2018, 01:26

Already been 3 full years! Wow...still an AMAZING time indeed!

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 21 Jun 2019, 05:13

Now already been 4-years since! Who else besides Jaime were there? Such fun times, fun times INDEED!

northernmonkey

Post by northernmonkey » 21 Jun 2019, 16:34

I was there with my wife and daughter 6 at the time. My daughter was on my shoulders the entire gig waving about a homemade Milky Carton (created by me) with Milky on one side and his female version on the other, bloody good effort it was, looking very close to the real one and had a number of other fans wanting photo's with it. Great night, the setlist for a gig of that size was maybe right, would have loved to hear more non hits, but its Hyde Park I suppose. It was a shame that TMW wasn't that well represented by the time the tour reached Hyde Park, I think Glasgow & Wales faired best for that, I remember by the time I saw them at Blackpool it was already loosing songs from the album. My favourite addition to the 2015 tour was probarbly HTOC, but I still hold out for Strange news if they ever tour again.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Jun 2019, 03:03

I agree with you regarding that I wish they included more from TMW. I believe at the last moment they had to cut off a few tunes from the set-list due to curfew concerns.

I was stoked to hear "Badhead"! To me that came out of nowhere!

I was 2nd or 3rd row from the stage for the entire day up until Blur came on.... then I was subsequently pushed virtually all the way to the back! Still shocked I came out of that experience alive!

TracyJosh

Post by TracyJosh » 22 Jun 2019, 14:23

Ahhh, so jealous of you all! Praying more than ever the boys announce some dates soon!

Pavlich

Post by Pavlich » 25 Jun 2019, 02:17

I went to this show, my first big overseas gig actually. Probably my first big gig at this scale. Being 21 and travelling around the UK and Europe was a thrill and this gig really stands out to me. I'd been dreaming of going to England since I was 13 and staying up all night watching the Premier League. Getting the tube from Arsenal Station, grabbing a bag of cans from an offie, sitting out the front of the gates as dad-and-son combos in Fred Perry smashed Carlings and groups of girls drank Dark Fruits... I still vividly remember it. The rain was actually fun to me and I really think it opened up the crowd a bit.

A real capsule of youth, this day. Very special.

johnol

Post by johnol » 26 Jun 2019, 07:53

That's a beautiful description of the day. Was the 22nd time I've seen blur and was with the love of my life. The drinking of cans outside the enterance was ace. As was the picnic we brought down from Manchester. It was one of the best days of my life. Better than 09 and 12 at Hyde park for me. The crowd were so much hardcore and friendlier.
Although buying some exctacy in macdonalds may have helped !!!😅

JackS

Post by JackS » 28 Jun 2019, 13:46

northernmonkey wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:34
I was there with my wife and daughter 6 at the time. My daughter was on my shoulders the entire gig waving about a homemade Milky Carton (created by me) with Milky on one side and his female version on the other, bloody good effort it was, looking very close to the real one and had a number of other fans wanting photo's with it. Great night, the setlist for a gig of that size was maybe right, would have loved to hear more non hits, but its Hyde Park I suppose. It was a shame that TMW wasn't that well represented by the time the tour reached Hyde Park, I think Glasgow & Wales faired best for that, I remember by the time I saw them at Blackpool it was already loosing songs from the album. My favourite addition to the 2015 tour was probarbly HTOC, but I still hold out for Strange news if they ever tour again.
Completely agree, great gig as ever but I did come away thinking it would have been nice to have a few more TMW - particularly there are too many of us, and Mirrorball would have been good to hear

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 05 Jul 2019, 06:04

Thanks for all the accounts of that fantastic day that everyone has since shared!

I ended up meeting hanging-out with those from this board from Chile, Sweden, Brazil and, obviously England and then the day of the concert I met two wonderful women (from the UK and the other from Argentina) that I have kept in touch with! Only Blur could have finally lured me to travel abroad and I obviously hope it happens again and perhaps sooner than we predict!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 08 Jul 2019, 08:33

It was a very worthwhile trip then Louie :D
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 09 Jul 2019, 05:22

Yes, it indeed was! I was also hoping to meet my long lost cousin Barry who found me on ancestry.com but he was away tending to matters involving his brother's passing while I was there. Unfortunately, Barry suddenly passed away himself about 2 years later and then within this past year their sister suddenly died! They were all in their 70s though. Barry offered me solid recommendations where to visit where I was there though.....