B-Roads

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

stephen

Re: B-Roads

Post by stephen » 15 Jun 2020, 06:32

Sledge Hammer wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 14:43
Paul says: May 31, 2020 at 6:57 pm

I remember on their official forum, certain ‘mods’ adopted an aggressive and wanky “don’t mention the war” attitude towards discussion of this documentary, in attempt to feel important about themselves, the tossers.

lol true
:lol: :lol:

John_d

Post by John_d » 15 Jun 2020, 21:49

High time this was leaked privately to us on here! Had hoped someone would offer me a copy for my 40th birthday in February!

rob_graves

Post by rob_graves » 23 Jun 2020, 18:33

As much as I want it to leak maybe the reason that people are keeping such a guarded attitude towards it leaking is because they do plan on releasing it someday. They're clearly aware of its potential based on this article. Maybe waiting for the right timing or anniversary. It clearly would have been a missed opportunity to release it with Blur:25, just having it stuck on as a bonus video when the potential for a new blur documentary about the height of their fame would be a great stand alone release for when they run out of content/unreleased material to put out.

If this comes out in 2022 etc it would be great timing as Blur haven't been talked about much and it's far enough away from the No Distance Left to Run documentary that it would be 'new' to people. They are being strategic to not oversaturate the market with Blur.

Anyway. My 2 cents now in 2020.

stephen

Post by stephen » 24 Jun 2020, 05:30

rob_graves wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 18:33
As much as I want it to leak maybe the reason that people are keeping such a guarded attitude towards it leaking is because they do plan on releasing it someday. They're clearly aware of its potential based on this article. Maybe waiting for the right timing or anniversary. It clearly would have been a missed opportunity to release it with Blur:25, just having it stuck on as a bonus video when the potential for a new blur documentary about the height of their fame would be a great stand alone release for when they run out of content/unreleased material to put out.

If this comes out in 2022 etc it would be great timing as Blur haven't been talked about much and it's far enough away from the No Distance Left to Run documentary that it would be 'new' to people. They are being strategic to not oversaturate the market with Blur.

Anyway. My 2 cents now in 2020.
Like most things it all boils down to money, they openly talked about being so well looked after when they did their reunion tours. Does the money of a DVD release of footage 94/95/96 that they most probably find embarrassing and will only really relate to hardcore fans seem worth while to them and their management? probably not. I imagine we are more likely to see them make new music or do another tour rather than seeing this out. That's just my hunch

Pavlich

Post by Pavlich » 24 Jun 2020, 14:22

In great Blur management fashion, they'll quietly release this via some redundant medium... vimeo sounds shit... and no real major publications will give a shit.

stephen

Post by stephen » 25 Jun 2020, 07:43

Pavlich wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 14:22
In great Blur management fashion, they'll quietly release this via some redundant medium... vimeo sounds shit... and no real major publications will give a shit.
:lol:

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 28 Jun 2020, 13:59

Dave said a few weeks ago, they don't want release it because the band wasn't happy with the production of the film

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 01 Jul 2020, 17:46

I agree that it should have been leaked by now. Nearly 30 years on, who cares about the content? Press won't. Blur are as far away from the mainstream as they can possibly be right now.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 02 Jul 2020, 07:29

Yes it could be shown now, and would only be noticed by dedicated fans.

It would not affect their career either way.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

Styopa

Post by Styopa » 02 Jul 2020, 11:38

Agreed, few who are not keen Blur fans already will be interested in watching a 25 year old documentary about the band. A band that too all intents and purposes ceased being a working band (bar reunions every few years) nearly 20 years ago. It would barely register a ripple (relatively speaking) if it turned up on YouTube or something - it's not as if there isn't loads of film footage of Blur available already.

TracyJosh

Post by TracyJosh » 02 Jul 2020, 14:46

It is actually becoming beyond silly that it hasn't been leaked online yet. Concert films and tour documentaries being significant releases is a thing of the past. It's hardly a valuable asset to the record company anymore, you can barely monetize even brand new documentaries, let alone old artifacts like this that matter to about 200 of us diehard Blur fans.

Someone on here could also just make a private group and give out an unlisted link, we could all watch it and then the conversation would completely cease forever.

Danilo

Post by Danilo » 03 Jul 2020, 17:06

TracyJosh wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 14:46
It is actually becoming beyond silly that it hasn't been leaked online yet. Concert films and tour documentaries being significant releases is a thing of the past. It's hardly a valuable asset to the record company anymore, you can barely monetize even brand new documentaries, let alone old artifacts like this that matter to about 200 of us diehard Blur fans.

Someone on here could also just make a private group and give out an unlisted link, we could all watch it and then the conversation would completely cease forever.
Agree 100% .

jonathas

Post by jonathas » 03 Jul 2020, 17:58

I don't get it. If the band don't like it and are keen to suppress it, why on earth should someone leak it? We don't have a moral right to access anything Blur do, regardless of their feelings - better that it stays unwatched until such time as (you never know) they authorise a re-edit and make a film they're happy with.

TracyJosh

Post by TracyJosh » 04 Jul 2020, 15:37

I think it’s the fact that a portion of Blur fans on here have seen it. That’s why the rest of us feel a bit hard done by. And given the fact they have seen it, it makes little sense why a few more of us can’t. If it had never been seen by anyone out with the the filmmakers, the band and their immediate circle of management and record company, then there would be little to discuss and everyone would probably understand. It would be deemed unobtainable and we would accept it and move on. The trouble is that is has been in circulation with a choice few blur fans, to the extent there’s a scene by scene analysis in a fan made book, which was a USP of said book, but the footage itself eludes us.

Mark87uk

Post by Mark87uk » 04 Jul 2020, 15:50

Id probably end up thinking 'i know whybtge guys didnt want this seen' but even after all these years im still desperate to see b roads, or whatever its actually supposedly called