time for a blur career spanning best of...

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Post Reply
redsalmon
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 Aug 2019, 08:50

time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by redsalmon » 29 Aug 2019, 15:49

single disc and I think I'd go for (in no particular order):

She's So High
There's No Other Way
For Tomorrow
Girls & Boys
To The End
Parklife
End Of The Century
Country House
The Universal
Beetlebum
Song 2
Tender
Coffee & TV
No Distance Left To Run
Music Is My Radar
Out Of Time
Good Song
Under The Westway
Ong Ong

dougharrison
Posts: 244
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 03:01

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by dougharrison » 29 Aug 2019, 17:08

Personally not sure we need another one, we had the best of, since which Blur released 2 albums, Midlife and 21, that almost every song has already appeared on Midlife and the best of says it all for me.

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1441
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by aldamasta » 29 Aug 2019, 23:15

Perhaps after a new blur album it would be worth making a new one. But yeah, for now Midlife and the Best of have it pretty covered. I'd want a compilation album that (similar to Midlife) didn't just include singles.

Also, welcome to the forum redsalmon :)

northernmonkey
Posts: 274
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 08:59

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by northernmonkey » 30 Aug 2019, 13:19

I think Midlife covered the diversity of Blur's career better than the Best Of did, by adding songs that were album tracks. It may have been a bit of an empty cash in considering no new music was released around the 2009 shows, but if I was to try and convince someone that Blur were more than just Parklife and Country House, that would be the album to do it. If I was adding songs from TMW to a new compilation, Ong Ong would be the last song if I could only choose one to represent the album, just my opinion. Actually just looking over Midlifes track listing, what a bloody good selection of Blur songs :)

dparrott
Posts: 548
Joined: 30 Sep 2014, 03:42
Location: California

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by dparrott » 01 Sep 2019, 05:30

I'd probably make my own when they're officially done, adding some TMW songs. Ghost Ship is a must.

User avatar
Rubi
Posts: 1847
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 20:54
Location: Room on fire

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by Rubi » 04 Sep 2019, 15:33

01. Popscene
02. Song 2
03. Coffee & TV
04. Out of Time
05. Girls & Boys
06. Blue Jeans
07. There's No Other Way
08. Beetlebum
09. Ghost Ship
10. Tender
11. Parklife
12. Music Is My Radar
13. Charmless Man
14. Death of a Party
15. For Tomorrow
16. Trimm Trabb
17. End of a Century
18. The Universal

User avatar
munch
Posts: 1187
Joined: 24 Sep 2014, 12:14

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by munch » 06 Sep 2019, 09:28

fools day aint on spotify damn it
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
Image
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

stephen
Posts: 564
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by stephen » 06 Sep 2019, 13:35

munch wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 09:28
fools day aint on spotify damn it
They need to get this sorted :x
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

elasticaman
Posts: 559
Joined: 09 Jun 2012, 10:42

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by elasticaman » 10 Sep 2019, 02:35

would much rather;
B-Sides Gig Double LP
Live At The Budokan Double LP
BBC Sessions Box Set

or a career spanning Double LP of b-sides that never got a vinyl release

A SIDE: Fried / Down / Badgeman Brown / Pleasant Education (Unreleased) / Never Clever / Peach

B SIDE: When The Cows Come Home / Bone Bag / Beachcoma / Threadneedle Street / Theme From An Imaginary Film / Far Out ( Beagle 2 Mix)

C SIDE: Ultranol / No Monsters in Me / A Song / St Louis / All Your Life / A Spell For Money

D SIDE: Polished Stone / Bustin' + Dronin' / Cowboy Song / So You / Don't Be / Colours

User avatar
Rubi
Posts: 1847
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 20:54
Location: Room on fire

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by Rubi » 11 Sep 2019, 11:45

elasticaman wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 02:35
A SIDE: Fried / Down / Badgeman Brown / Pleasant Education (Unreleased) / Never Clever / Peach

B SIDE: When The Cows Come Home / Bone Bag / Beachcoma / Threadneedle Street / Theme From An Imaginary Film / Far Out ( Beagle 2 Mix)

C SIDE: Ultranol / No Monsters in Me / A Song / St Louis / All Your Life / A Spell For Money

D SIDE: Polished Stone / Bustin' + Dronin' / Cowboy Song / So You / Don't Be / Colours
Certainly there are better b-sides than those you've mentioned. I mean, you're not even including their best two, i.e. I Know and Tame.

elasticaman
Posts: 559
Joined: 09 Jun 2012, 10:42

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by elasticaman » 11 Sep 2019, 15:20

yes there are better, but as i said the novelty of it would be that they would be on vinyl for the first time

just a best of the bsides would be something like this:

A: Fried, I Know, Explain, Inertia, Luminous, Popscene, Bone Bag
B: Mace, Es Schmecht, Young And Lovely, Anniversary Waltz, Threadneedle Street, One Born Every Minute, No Monsters In Me
C: Tame, The Man Who Left Himself, A Song, St Louis, All Your Life, Woodpigeon Song, Get Out Of Cities
D: Polished Stone, Swallows In The Heatwave, Cowboy Song, All We Want, So You, Don't Be, Colours

and i would kill to get that record!

dparrott
Posts: 548
Joined: 30 Sep 2014, 03:42
Location: California

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by dparrott » 12 Sep 2019, 06:12

elasticaman wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 02:35
would much rather;
B-Sides Gig Double LP
Live At The Budokan Double LP
BBC Sessions Box Set

or a career spanning Double LP of b-sides that never got a vinyl release

A SIDE: Fried / Down / Badgeman Brown / Pleasant Education (Unreleased) / Never Clever / Peach

B SIDE: When The Cows Come Home / Bone Bag / Beachcoma / Threadneedle Street / Theme From An Imaginary Film / Far Out ( Beagle 2 Mix)

C SIDE: Ultranol / No Monsters in Me / A Song / St Louis / All Your Life / A Spell For Money

D SIDE: Polished Stone / Bustin' + Dronin' / Cowboy Song / So You / Don't Be / Colours
Good idea

User avatar
anothermario
Posts: 105
Joined: 21 Sep 2014, 08:33
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: time for a blur career spanning best of...

Post by anothermario » 18 Sep 2019, 05:49

elasticaman wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 15:20
yes there are better, but as i said the novelty of it would be that they would be on vinyl for the first time

just a best of the bsides would be something like this:

A: Fried, I Know, Explain, Inertia, Luminous, Popscene, Bone Bag
B: Mace, Es Schmecht, Young And Lovely, Anniversary Waltz, Threadneedle Street, One Born Every Minute, No Monsters In Me
C: Tame, The Man Who Left Himself, A Song, St Louis, All Your Life, Woodpigeon Song, Get Out Of Cities
D: Polished Stone, Swallows In The Heatwave, Cowboy Song, All We Want, So You, Don't Be, Colours

and i would kill to get that record!
that would be a pretty amazing record yea
I can't wear that, stupid rain hat

Post Reply