TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Live Performances Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Mark72

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Live Performances Thread

Post by Mark72 » 20 Apr 2019, 13:55

What a fantastic night that was last night at the Palladium. Took a few photos of the night. I'll post later.
Managed to get a couple of selfies with Damon. He was in great spirits.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

rich

Post by rich » 20 Apr 2019, 14:37

Yeah - was an excellent performance. My sister and I met aldamasta for a couple of drinks beforehand - we thought we'd give Trevor a miss this time ;) .

I thought we'd only be a few rows back from aldamasta but it turned out we were a few rows back plus five storeys up - in the grand circle :roll: So it was an unusual experience for me - seeing the band from up in the air rather than within a few feet of Damon and Paul. But what we lost in intimacy we gained in sound quality and balance...

And the choir not only on The Poison Tree but also on Herculean and Nature Springs - fab stuff. :) :)

I'll get some choiry overhead videos up shortly but first here's a couple of pics...

Drifters and Trawlers...

messing with the 'night shot' setting on my phone camera - hmm, more work needed!

rich

Post by rich » 20 Apr 2019, 23:57

OK - here are my video highlights from the Palladium last night...

Lady Boston with the Penrhyn Male Voice Choir on backing vocals :) https://vimeo.com/331578642

The Poison Tree again featuring the choir plus a completely new intro - a new little song tacked on to the beginning - Damon's brexit update I guess! You heard it here first... https://vimeo.com/331579520

Nature Springs with the choir https://vimeo.com/331580007

Green Fields with a new string arrangement https://vimeo.com/331581153

all long distance videos but the sound is pretty good!!

rich 8-)

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 21 Apr 2019, 00:22

rich wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 23:57
The Poison Tree again featuring the choir plus a completely new intro - a new little song tacked on to the beginning - Damon's brexit update I guess! You heard it here first... https://vimeo.com/331579520
Thanks rich! So it's intro… I've heard it in an instagram video from Sheffield, I thought it was a new outro though. I love it.

JackS

Post by JackS » 21 Apr 2019, 06:34

Looks amazing. Unfortunately had to drop out of going at short notice which is a real shame, so thanks for sharing the videos!

Veikko
Site Admin

Post by Veikko » 21 Apr 2019, 12:04

Thanks Rich and everybody else who have posted the vids/pics! :)

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 22 Apr 2019, 10:50

A few from My rubbish phone. Great night was had..
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Apr 2019, 21:22

The photos and videos look wonderful, thanks to everyone for sharing them for all of us on here! For those of us unable to see them in the UK it's a nice thing to have. :) I'm still hoping they come to the US at some point.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

tracy_jacks

Post by tracy_jacks » 04 Jun 2019, 10:21

I'm off to see TGTBTQ in Amsterdam on Thursday. Does anyone know if there's going to be a support act? The venue's website doesn't seem to state one but was just wondering.

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 04 Jun 2019, 13:02

Probably not. There wasn't an opening act for the concerts in Germany, but in France they had a French singer and the venues announced her only the day of the show(s).

I've seen four of five recent concerts, they're really great live and seem to have lots lots of fun. I liked second Paris show at Le Trianon the most - it was filmed by Canal+ so sooner or later will be shown on tv. I posted my photos and videos on DAU social media channels and my personal IG and FB - now as I'm back home I'll upload longer videos on youtube too, I'll let you know!

rich

Post by rich » 04 Jun 2019, 13:03

I've seen them three times in the UK on this tour (Hackney eARTh, Norwich UEA and London Palladium) and although a support hasn't been billed it's always been Trevor, the end-of-the-pier organist from Blackpool. Trevor's a fine keyboardist, but a bit of an acquired taste. Sadly, I've yet to acquire it. But take it in good spirits and you'll have a bit of a laugh. Or you could go to the bar... :)

tracy_jacks

Post by tracy_jacks » 05 Jun 2019, 09:17

Thanks for the info guys! I've contacted the venue and they don't have a support act listed yet, but if there happens to be one last minute, they'll be on at 19.30 and GBQ will be on at 20.30.

Really looking forward to tomorrow. The setlist seems to be a good balance between Merrie Land first half, then S/T second half, which I wasn't expecting but is a lovely bonus. Can't wait to see GBQ at the same venue I first saw Blur 23 years ago. :D

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 25 Jun 2019, 08:28

vitekm

Post by vitekm » 01 Jul 2019, 09:19

Lady Boston (feat Côr y Penrhyn) live at Glastonbury:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PVuTFoPOQA

rich

Post by rich » 01 Jul 2019, 12:06

full glasto set (probably just for UK users only :( )
https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/er3v9r/pla ... 2/p07djtns