OFFICIAL STAR WARS THREAD

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

stephen

Re: OFFICIAL STAR WARS THREAD

Post by stephen » 30 May 2018, 16:31

I must admit the marketing seems non existent, I haven't seen/heard anything about it apart from someone briefly mentioning it in the office. Is it a spin off from the main franchise?
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 31 May 2018, 12:02

Yes. One that didn’t need to be made in my opinion. I am looking forward to the third spinoff movie though which is focused on Boba Fett.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 20 Nov 2018, 17:54

I ended up not going to Solo...kept meaning to when it was in theatres but never got the chance (and honestly didn't try too hard). Have heard nothing but bad things about it and with the awful memories of the horrifically bad Episode VIII still in my head, I'm kind of off Star Wars right now. Well done Disney...you took someone who has been a fan since the early 1980s and made them apathetic about the franchise.

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 24 Nov 2018, 02:08

Same for me. Planned on seeing it but never did. It’s on Netflix I think so I may see it at some point but thankfully won’t shell out the price for tickets that way, especially after the reviews.

And yeah don’t get me started with The Last Jedi. What a fucking joke of a movie, pardon my French! From what I’ve read online though, JJ Abrams is getting it back on track in Episode IX. I think that’s why he came back for the last installment.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 27 Nov 2018, 16:44

tom_cas1 wrote:Same for me. Planned on seeing it but never did. It’s on Netflix I think so I may see it at some point but thankfully won’t shell out the price for tickets that way, especially after the reviews.

And yeah don’t get me started with The Last Jedi. What a fucking joke of a movie, pardon my French! From what I’ve read online though, JJ Abrams is getting it back on track in Episode IX. I think that’s why he came back for the last installment.
The problem is he needs an entire film just to undo everything from VIII...I have no idea how he's going to salvage it and wrap it up in IX.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 Nov 2018, 00:15

I watched VIII again recently, hoping my view would chance. It didn’t.

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 28 Nov 2018, 00:16

I think he needs to be a miracle worker to fix the mess that was the last one.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 Nov 2018, 04:46

If anyone can do it, he can. I thoroughly enjoyed The Force Awakens which in my opinion started this new trilogy on a high note. Yes, the plot was familiar. But it was entertaining and most important of all, it was STAR WARS. The Last Jedi wasn’t entertaining and it wasn’t Star Wars.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 28 Nov 2018, 21:18

To add on to what you both said, TFA set up the remainder of the trilogy perfectly with exciting and interesting new plot points and characters to develop. Rian Johnson took a steaming dump on everything and blew his chance to really advance the story and characters. He was more interested in completely tearing down the franchise and putting his own mark on it (look at it now...regardless of how horrendous the film was, no one will ever forget HIM for doing it now. Instant notoriety!)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Nov 2018, 02:59

The thing that confuses me the most is that Johnson has been given the go ahead to write his own Star Wars trilogy after this one finishes. WHY?!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 11 Jan 2019, 23:59

Turned the TV on the other day and stumbled upon The Force Awakens which I decided to watch again. Obvious similarities to A New Hope but an excellent movie from start to finish. And importantly, it FELT like Star Wars. Very good. It also made me hate The Last Jedi even more.

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 12 Apr 2019, 21:50

Well this looks promising......https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... Y23cc0aPAU and i recognise that laugh at the end. ;)
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Apr 2019, 21:26

The trailer blew me away, I'll be honest. I'm glad Abrams came back to direct this one. The Last Jedi really fucked things up but if this trailer is anything to go by we'll have a fun, exciting, action packed STAR WARS movie on our hands come December. Basically - everything The Last Jedi wasn't. Thank God.