The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by tom_cas1 » 19 Jul 2015, 03:32

More UK shows in September would be my guess too. They're in Ireland anyway so why not? Plus there's more to Blur than just Damon, if the other three want to play in London for example then I doubt Damon would say no just because he's recording a new Gorillaz album.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

JackS

Post by JackS » 20 Jul 2015, 08:01

tom_cas1 wrote:More UK shows in September would be my guess too. They're in Ireland anyway so why not? Plus there's more to Blur than just Damon, if the other three want to play in London for example then I doubt Damon would say no just because he's recording a new Gorillaz album.
Surely they'd have been announced by now though, if that was the case? A quick Google suggest Damon's November RAH gigs were announced on 30th July.

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 20 Jul 2015, 08:18

JackS wrote:
Surely they'd have been announced by now though, if that was the case? A quick Google suggest Damon's November RAH gigs were announced on 30th July.
Yes, sadly, that's true. :(
Every day passing without announcement is lowering the chances of more Europe dates. It's very strange because Europe it's their biggest fan base, but maybe they think it's enough with the dates done until now.
I was so hoping for a Italy date.....at least I've seen them in Paris, but the problem with Blur is that when you see them live, you then enter in Bluroholic mode..and you really need to see them other times!! 8-) Now, i'm starting to show withdrawal symptoms :| :(

Liese

Post by Liese » 20 Jul 2015, 08:22

I was sooo hoping for more gigs as well. Guess RAH in November is a pipe dream indeed given they would need to announce that around now... But smaller European or at least UK dates might still happen in September. After all, they only announced the June warm-up shows in early May, so you never know.
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

JackS

Post by JackS » 20 Jul 2015, 10:54

I've said all along that the only disappointing thing about this period (and I feel bad saying that anything is "disappointing" because it's still amazing that we good an album, and a brilliant album at that) is the lack of TMW songs in the main gigs, so did hope for a proper Blur gig or two at the end of the year where they could get away with playing things like TATMOU.

Would be great, but can't see it happening as time passes.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 20 Jul 2015, 11:47

JackS wrote:I've said all along that the only disappointing thing about this period (and I feel bad saying that anything is "disappointing" because it's still amazing that we good an album, and a brilliant album at that) is the lack of TMW songs in the main gigs, so did hope for a proper Blur gig or two at the end of the year where they could get away with playing things like TATMOU.

Would be great, but can't see it happening as time passes.
Couldn't agree more. It does feel churlish to complain at all considering all we've had (moan, moan moan). I do just wish some more 'gig type' venues instead of festival / field type stuff could have been accommodated later in the year to give the fans a chance to hear a bit more of this wonderful album live.

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 20 Jul 2015, 12:39

Rosie wrote:
JackS wrote:
Yes, sadly, that's true. :(
Every day passing without announcement is lowering the chances of more Europe dates. It's very strange because Europe it's their biggest fan base, but maybe they think it's enough with the dates done until now.
I was so hoping for a Italy date.....at least I've seen them in Paris, but the problem with Blur is that when you see them live, you then enter in Bluroholic mode..and you really need to see them other times!! 8-) Now, i'm starting to show withdrawal symptoms :| :(
I feel you...I saw them this saturday and I'm on a depression mode post concert..and I only want more and it's not a desire it's a need..hahahahaha.. and makes me sad maybe there is no more chances.. :(

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 20 Jul 2015, 13:18

AstronomyD81 wrote:
I feel you...I saw them this saturday and I'm on a depression mode post concert..and I only want more and it's not a desire it's a need..hahahahaha.. and makes me sad maybe there is no more chances.. :(
Yes, right, but let's put it like this: Where there's life, there's hope! ;)

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 20 Jul 2015, 16:30

Makes it look even more likely their US "tour" will remain just the two gigs on the coasts. Ah, well.

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 20 Jul 2015, 17:42

i still think there will be more shows later in a few months time
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

munch

Post by munch » 21 Jul 2015, 02:36

are they still hiding comics?
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

tender

Post by tender » 21 Jul 2015, 02:45

According to this interview with Dave there aren't any new dates annoucements for now, could he just be teasing us?
http://shr.gs/YaLMJdG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

munch

Post by munch » 22 Jul 2015, 02:15

Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

Ambulance

Post by Ambulance » 26 Jul 2015, 10:54

Hey there, new at this forum, so i want to say hello to everyone!. Do you think guys that a "2nd leg of tour" is it possible? or maybe the gorillaz stuff and the new the good the bad record will not allow the band to tour more the magic whip?

goadamn

Post by goadamn » 26 Jul 2015, 15:10

Ambulance wrote:Hey there, new at this forum, so i want to say hello to everyone!. Do you think guys that a "2nd leg of tour" is it possible? or maybe the gorillaz stuff and the new the good the bad record will not allow the band to tour more the magic whip?
I think it's pretty much what you see is what you get.
Maybe they'll squeeze in an extra date here or there if it fits in easily, but I believe any large date announcements are over and done.