Poll: Favourite Graham Album?

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Favourite Graham Album

The Sky Is Too High
11%
The Golden D
8%
Crow Sit On Blood Tree
3%
The Kiss Of Morning
14%
Happiness In Magazines
25%
Love Travels At Illegal Speeds
13%
The Spinning Top
19%
A&E
6%

Total votes: 63

Sean

Re: Poll: Favourite Graham Album?

Post by Sean » 28 Mar 2015, 11:02

The Spinning Top is without doubt his 'best'...i.e. his most accomplished. It's a properly brilliant piece of work that you can tell was lovingly crafted. It still doesn't get the credit it deserves.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

Foggy

Post by Foggy » 28 Mar 2015, 12:47

I'd agree with that, in terms of accomplishment.... If I'd written those eight albums that's the one I'd take the most pride from.

A+E's a funny one, I really like The Truth, Seven Naked Valleys, and Ooh Yeh Yeh, but other than that there's a load of tracks that I can take or leave. MDP, Knife in the Cast, City Hall - for instance.

Magazines & Love Travels are the two I've played to death, but The Kiss of Morning has been my present favourite for the last year or so. There's not a song on that album that I don't like. Here's my ringtone. :D
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 30 Mar 2015, 07:14

I remember when The Spinning Top came out Q gave it 2 stars. Dicks. I vowed to stop buying Q because I was furious at the time. :lol:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 31 Mar 2015, 23:40

The Spinning Top was and continues to be very underrated in my opinion which is baffling to say the least. The songs on it are arguably the most complex songs Graham has ever written and released and his playing is exceptional. I was lucky enough to see him tour that album (Wolverhampton and twice in London) and the songs were fantastic! The trio he had as well was superb. His best solo band.

On a related note, it's been 4 years since Graham's drummer from that trio (Graham Fox) died. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Graham-O ... 3296299872
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 01 Apr 2015, 01:19

tom_cas1 wrote:The Spinning Top was and continues to be very underrated in my opinion which is baffling to say the least. The songs on it are arguably the most complex songs Graham has ever written and released and his playing is exceptional. I was lucky enough to see him tour that album (Wolverhampton and twice in London) and the songs were fantastic! The trio he had as well was superb. His best solo band.

On a related note, it's been 4 years since Graham's drummer from that trio (Graham Fox) died. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Graham-O ... 3296299872
The Spinning Top was the first Graham album I really heard and got into. It's definitely his best. I like A+E second best, which is suprising cause they are both opposite in sound
Last edited by metalhipslop on 01 Apr 2015, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 01 Apr 2015, 01:22

Bless the two who voted Crow Sit on Blood Tree, the most underrated project for any Blur member.

bugman

Post by bugman » 01 Apr 2015, 12:58

AdvertBreak wrote:Bless the two who voted Crow Sit on Blood Tree, the most underrated project for any Blur member.
ha, that's me. i think crow is my second or third grahams album. empty world-maybe it's his best track!

elasticaman

Post by elasticaman » 03 Apr 2015, 06:30

Kiss Of Morning
Sky Is Too High
Golden D
Crow Sit On Blood Tree
Happiness In Magazines
Love Travels
A+E
Spinning Top

the transcopic releases will always be his best work

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 03 Apr 2015, 07:32

A+E is fucking wicked
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 05 Apr 2015, 23:16

Spinning Top any day.

For the simple reason I was blown away from the very first notes of Look into the light to the last ones of November the first time I listened to it, and after having listened to it a billion times, it still has the same effect....

I love the other albums too, there are so many amazing songs on each of them (my second choice would probably be sky is too high), but nothing makes me feel the way Spinning does...

sebastianZeal

Post by sebastianZeal » 14 Apr 2015, 20:21

1. The Sky Is Too High
2. A + E
3. Happiness in Magazines

Jakob

Post by Jakob » 14 Apr 2015, 22:28

I have a nostalgic relationship with The Kiss of Morning.

other than that... sky is too high and spinning top probably.

But it really depends on the mood, which is great - sometimes HiM and Love Travels are what i need to hear.

... but then again - Crow Sit, Golden D and A+E are great as well ! :lol: