The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

MrMagpie

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by MrMagpie » 02 Mar 2015, 21:59

Rather surprising there's been so much silence from the Blur camp re: other shows, especially since they (offhandedly, admittedly) said that there would be more news...last week. :?

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 02 Mar 2015, 22:08

Miki wrote:
aldamasta wrote:God I would love to go see The Strokes and then go right back 2 days later to see Blur!
I'm debating that one. I'm not much of a Strokes fan, but like some of their things and I certainly would love to see Beck! As Blur didn't sell out, I doubt there's any hurry to get these tickets, so I'll mull over it and see if Beck plays a smaller solo show somewhere while he's over here. He's doing a festival in Ireland and added an extra date, so you never know. Hyde Park is so expensive! And Beck is not even headlining, so paying that price to see him playing for an hour seems steep. But, man, I'm so tempted!
I bet you are! I seem to forget just how much money I have when news like this comes up :P Strokes are one of my favorite bands, but I can see why you wouldn't wanna pay such a steep price when Beck isn't headlining.

avengerthea

Post by avengerthea » 02 Mar 2015, 22:34

I'm looking forward for Blur to come here in my country and have a concert, I'd love to see them!!!

If any of you has an access of their manager/s or someone who organizes their tours, etc. Please let Blur go to the Philippines! :)
"I AIN'T GOT NOTHING TO BE SCARED OF."

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 02 Mar 2015, 22:49

MrMagpie wrote:Rather surprising there's been so much silence from the Blur camp re: other shows, especially since they (offhandedly, admittedly) said that there would be more news...last week. :?
Perhaps venues / bookings are taking longer to arrange than they thought? Would love some news on warm ups though. 8-)

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 02 Mar 2015, 22:51

I'm hoping Friday for warm up news. A week after the hyde park sale..
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

Miki

Post by Miki » 02 Mar 2015, 23:31

As Hyde Park didn't sell out, I wonder if they'll hold on a bit longer before announcing more dates.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 Mar 2015, 23:32

I reckon we'll get dates this week.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

twostep

Post by twostep » 03 Mar 2015, 00:07

if they're following the same pattern as previous warm-up gigs (no guarantee it will of course), we're probably looking at wednesday/thursday announcement and fan presale and friday general sale. or if they're absolutely tiny shows like goldsmiths and colchester then maybe email announcing the dates and immediate sale, tho that was a bit of a mess so I'm not sure if they'd do it that way again.
it's me, d4p

they would compare her to lilies, and she had to go to parties, and london was so dreary

JackS

Post by JackS » 03 Mar 2015, 09:46

Miki wrote:As Hyde Park didn't sell out, I wonder if they'll hold on a bit longer before announcing more dates.
I was thinking exactly this... might be under contract from BST to hold off announcing gigs for a period of time to increase ticket sales

avengerthea

Post by avengerthea » 03 Mar 2015, 12:04

Any Blur fans from Asia? I saw a photo a while ago on Instagram (a pic of an article, rather) on Graham talking about having a tour in Asia, he replied: "I'm sure we'd all love to (tour Asia)." Oh dear, Blur Asia concert tour please!

Here's the exact article: http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/arts-cult ... lbarn-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ling925

Post by ling925 » 03 Mar 2015, 14:28

avengerthea wrote:Any Blur fans from Asia? I saw a photo a while ago on Instagram (a pic of an article, rather) on Graham talking about having a tour in Asia, he replied: "I'm sure we'd all love to (tour Asia)." Oh dear, Blur Asia concert tour please!

Here's the exact article: http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/arts-cult ... lbarn-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fan from Asia here! 1st time to drop a message here as well!
Saw them in HK, well, there's where I live ;)
also flied to Tokyo last year to watch the last show, so, obviously wouldnt mind seeing them again in Asia 8-)

Kenny

Post by Kenny » 03 Mar 2015, 16:35

ling925 wrote:
avengerthea wrote:Any Blur fans from Asia? I saw a photo a while ago on Instagram (a pic of an article, rather) on Graham talking about having a tour in Asia, he replied: "I'm sure we'd all love to (tour Asia)." Oh dear, Blur Asia concert tour please!

Here's the exact article: http://m.scmp.com/lifestyle/arts-cultur ... lbarn-says
also flied to Tokyo last year to watch the last show, so, obviously wouldnt mind seeing them again in Asia 8-)
I've never been to Asia but I would like to go to Hong Kong or Tokyo. To see blur there as well would be amazing :o
Then Susan comes into the room, she's a naughty girl with a lovely smile...

Liese

Post by Liese » 04 Mar 2015, 08:06

JackS wrote:
Miki wrote:As Hyde Park didn't sell out, I wonder if they'll hold on a bit longer before announcing more dates.
I was thinking exactly this... might be under contract from BST to hold off announcing gigs for a period of time to increase ticket sales
My thoughts as well... Too bad, as it would be good to still have the option of Hyde Park, if I fail to get warm-up tickets, so I hope they don't hold off for too long.
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

avengerthea

Post by avengerthea » 04 Mar 2015, 10:59

Kenny wrote:
ling925 wrote:

Here's the exact article: http://m.scmp.com/lifestyle/arts-cultur ... lbarn-says
I've never been to Asia but I would like to go to Hong Kong or Tokyo. To see blur there as well would be amazing :o
@ling925: aww lucky you haha, I've always want to see Blur! :)

@Kenny: oh my, Blur is way too popular in Hong Kong and in Japan - not like here in my country, so sad. :(

pigster

Post by pigster » 04 Mar 2015, 12:03

hoping for a return trip to australia.
had tickets to big day out which i refunded after blur cancelled. would love to see a standalone intimate show ala damon albarn when he played in melbourne just late last year. i guess i'll leave it to hoping and doing what i can ie. buying a copy of the album day it comes out to show i exist :)