Forum improvements?

Important notices and suggestion talk about the board.

Forum improvements?

Postby Veikko » 12 Sep 2014, 22:43

Please use this thread to talk about how these forums can be made better. I have 'lived' here many years, so maybe fresh eyes can spot the holes more easily. :)

Any comments are welcome!
User avatar
Veikko
Site Admin
 
Posts: 688
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 20:44
Location: Finland

Re: Forum improvements?

Postby Rubi » 04 Apr 2015, 00:43

Here's one: is there a way to change it so that when you click a link it pops a new tab or window instead of redirecting you from your current window? It's kinda annoying.
Image
User avatar
Rubi
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 21:54
Location: Under the Westway

Re: Forum improvements?

Postby 101reykjavik » 04 Apr 2015, 00:59

Yep, I've always thought that with this and the old forum actually. Other forums open a new browser window, which is much easier. Currently I have to alt click to choose to open a fresh window.
Image
User avatar
101reykjavik
 
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 21:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Forum improvements?

Postby Veikko » 04 Apr 2015, 02:01

Nice to see some activity in this corner!

I'll think about changing the behavior of links. It's a bit tricky decision, because lots of people (and most guidelines) prefer that the links should open in the same window on a typical website. But with forums it may be a different thing.
User avatar
Veikko
Site Admin
 
Posts: 688
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 20:44
Location: Finland

Re: Forum improvements?

Postby tom_cas1 » 04 Apr 2015, 05:44

Surely this is a browser preferences thing and not the forum?
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
 
Posts: 7539
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 16:13

Re: Forum improvements?

Postby 101reykjavik » 04 Apr 2015, 09:22

tom_cas1 wrote:Surely this is a browser preferences thing and not the forum?


Not for me least. I can switch to a different site on the same browser and the link behaviour is different.
Image
User avatar
101reykjavik
 
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 21:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Forum improvements?

Postby TripleJay97 » 04 Apr 2015, 09:27

I can set it so that every link I click opens in a new window on every website, but not specific to certain sites.

I'd just prefer to be able to click on YouTube links and for them to open separately, so I can comment on them while I'm listening to them without having to go back to the previous page, interrupting the music.
Image
User avatar
TripleJay97
 
Posts: 6921
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 18:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: Forum improvements?

Postby Rubi » 04 Apr 2015, 09:40

TripleJay97 wrote:I'd just prefer to be able to click on YouTube links and for them to open separately, so I can comment on them while I'm listening to them without having to go back to the previous page, interrupting the music.


Exactly.
Image
User avatar
Rubi
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 21:54
Location: Under the Westway

Re: Forum improvements?

Postby Veikko » 04 Apr 2015, 12:25

TripleJay had a good point and I've made it now that the links open in a new tab.

Try for example this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo55vzp ... u.be&t=25s

However it doesn't work with existing posts at the moment (I'll see if I can change that).
User avatar
Veikko
Site Admin
 
Posts: 688
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 20:44
Location: Finland

Re: Forum improvements?

Postby TripleJay97 » 04 Apr 2015, 12:38

Veikko wrote:TripleJay had a good point and I've made it now that the links open in a new tab.

Try for example this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo55vzp ... u.be&t=25s

However it doesn't work with existing posts at the moment (I'll see if I can change that).


Thank you Veikko! :D
Image
User avatar
TripleJay97
 
Posts: 6921
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 18:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: Forum improvements?

Postby 101reykjavik » 04 Apr 2015, 12:42

TripleJay97 wrote:
Veikko wrote:TripleJay had a good point and I've made it now that the links open in a new tab.

Try for example this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo55vzp ... u.be&t=25s

However it doesn't work with existing posts at the moment (I'll see if I can change that).


Thank you Veikko! :D


Yep, cheers for that! :D
Image
User avatar
101reykjavik
 
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 21:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Forum improvements?

Postby Veikko » 04 Apr 2015, 12:46

No problem. ;)
User avatar
Veikko
Site Admin
 
Posts: 688
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 20:44
Location: Finland

Next

Return to Forum Info

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest