Anyone know where MrMagpie went?

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

Forever Low Man

Anyone know where MrMagpie went?

Post by Forever Low Man » 23 Apr 2017, 00:09

He's been gone for a few months, and I want to know what he thinks about Humanz.
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Caitlin

Re: Anyone know where MrMagpie went?

Post by Caitlin » 23 Apr 2017, 00:36

He's still around, though not sure how regularly he checks into the forums. Think he's had a lot of real life stuff happening the last few months.

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 23 Apr 2017, 04:39

oh okay that would explain it

I like how after all these years, Graham bopping his head is still your pic.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 Apr 2017, 12:47

Yeah MrMagpie has a lot going on in real life but he pops on here occasionally. As far as I'm aware he's all good.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 23 Apr 2017, 15:05

Hey everyone, here I am! No worries, everything is fine. I had a crazy last 6 months or so. I was laid off from my job out of the blue in early November (outsourced to China, boo!) and basically spent all of November through February job hunting and spending time with my wife and kids. Luckily I had severance pay through the end of February. After traveling all over for job interviews and spending God knows how many hours on phone calls with various companies, I started a new job in mid-March. However, it's ~500 miles away meaning we have to move, so I've spent the last month and a half staying in Indianapolis so I could start work and earning $$$, while my wife and kids are still back in Pennsylvania so the kids can finish the school year. I've dealt with looking for a new house to buy out here while my wife has been dealing with selling our house in PA. We're finally under contract for both and they'll be moving out here to join me in mid-June. In the meantime, I've been making the 1000 mile roundtrip DRIVE every other weekend so I can go back and see them and catch some of my kids' baseball and softball games. So yeah, I've had a lot on my plate the last 6 months! :lol: :lol: The dust should finally settle in June once we're all moved out here...then we just have to worry about unpacking, painting, and getting the new house in order.

I do appreciate the concern, though...truly, I'm flattered! :D :D

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 Apr 2017, 18:00

Good to hear everything is going well mate, especially on the job front. I bet you can't wait for June to come around! Not long to go. :) I'll send you a Facebook message later btw as I am now in the US of A, and it's about time we got some beers!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 23 Apr 2017, 21:11

Glad to hear all is well, Drew, although getting laid off is a super shitty thing to go through. Sounds like you've made it out the other side ok though! Fingers crossed that all goes well with selling/buying the houses, and that you're reunited with the family soon.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 24 Apr 2017, 17:46

Absolutely. Pleased to hear that you've got job stuff all sorted out and good luck with the house hunting. I've done (by UK standards, so considerably less in real terms) longs drives on a regular basis to be with loved ones in the past and wow, it can be draining. Hope it's all nicely sorted for you and your family soon, Drew.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 24 Apr 2017, 22:40

Thanks, everyone, the kind words really do mean a lot! :D

We're just about done with all of the house stuff...a couple of repairs we need to make to the house we're selling, a couple of repairs we need made on the one we're buying, and a bit more paperwork to sign and we'll be all set to close on both in June. Once we get to June and we're all together full-time again, I'll look back at all of it as a bump in the road (albeit a somewhat unpleasant one! :lol: )

I realize in my original post I didn't even mention having to deal with a sewage back-up in February that led to a complete basement remodel, but that's a long story... :P

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 25 Apr 2017, 18:02

well that explains that. glad you're doing okay now (or at least getting there)!

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 25 Apr 2017, 23:58

Thanks, man. As soon as my wife and kids are back with my full-time, I'll feel settled. This only-seeing-them-every-couple-of-weeks thing sucks, but in the long run it'll be the best thing...I got to come out here and start earning again, and the kids get to finish the school year and their baseball/softball seasons. By this time next year, it'll be just a distant memory :D

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 26 Apr 2017, 05:54

Damn Drew I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles! I've been wonderful what had happened to you. I'm sorry the old job didn't work out since you moved your family to PA for it. However, I am really glad that things are looking up and everything will be alright again very soon!!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 28 Apr 2017, 08:07

Great to hear from you MrMagpie. A lot of things to get through - I wish you well. A new Gorillaz album is a minor event in comparison :)

I was in the midst of life events around the time of 'Think Tank', and it is the Blur album I am least familiar with.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 07 May 2017, 14:54

MsMagicAmerica wrote:Damn Drew I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles! I've been wonderful what had happened to you. I'm sorry the old job didn't work out since you moved your family to PA for it. However, I am really glad that things are looking up and everything will be alright again very soon!!
Thank you! Yeah, we were really settled in PA and loved our house and neighborhood, but you can only control what you can control. The new job in Indiana is going great so far and we've managed to buy an even & nicer house for about the same price that we paid in PA, so that's good. About a month to go until the kids are done with school and they and my lovely wife rejoin me out here!
Mallard No. 22 wrote:Great to hear from you MrMagpie. A lot of things to get through - I wish you well. A new Gorillaz album is a minor event in comparison :)

I was in the midst of life events around the time of 'Think Tank', and it is the Blur album I am least familiar with.
I hear you! I've got the new Gorillaz album on CD and it's just sitting on a shelf right now (mainly because I don't have a CD player here with me...have to wait until mid-June when the movers bring everything out here from PA! :lol: )

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 10 May 2017, 07:44

:) Wishing you well.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."