OFFICIAL STAR WARS THREAD

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: OFFICIAL STAR WARS THREAD

Post by tom_cas1 » 19 Dec 2019, 13:26

I’ll probably go with the Mrs next week after Christmas if I can hang off that long. I see it’s received bad reviews but I’m keeping in mind that the same critics loved The Last Jedi so I’m not worried too much.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 19 Dec 2019, 16:38

Had low expectations after the last one. But Rise of Skywalker delivers, some brilliant surprises and nods to the past. A great ending to a franchise I loved since I was 8 years old.
9/10.
I have spoken....
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 20 Dec 2019, 01:38

I haven’t been reading the press because I don’t want to read any spoilers, but from what I have seen in the headlines is that it’s kinda getting mixed reviews. I think some like it and some don’t. I’m honestly going with low expectations because I went to the last one with du h high ones that I left pissed off. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 21 Dec 2019, 08:50

I will say that I was very surprised at how much I liked the Rise of Skywalker. I will admit, there was a little bit during the middle where I kinda wished it would get to the end already as it was starting to drag (and I really had to pee but didn't want to miss anything). But it picked up and I really liked the ending. There was a little bit where I was a bit confused, but I looked it up online and now understand it. There are tons of little things that I know that I missed so I would like to see it again.
It is a HELL of A LOT better than that last piece of garbage that was the last film. Why the didn't have JJ Adams write the whole trilogy, I will never know.
I honestly am amazed by what they can do with technology these days. Carrie Fischer wasn't all CGI like she was in Rogue One and yet she had a decent amount of screen time for a woman who passed away before the first even began shooting. I kept on wondering how they did that. I read some article where they said Leia should have been recast. WTF? No! You can't recast Leia!
C3PO was actually one of my favorites in this film. He provided some great comic relief and I didn't find him annoying.
I won't say anything else because I don't want to give anything away by mistake.
I agree with Mark though, it was a great ending to a franchise that I have loved since I was a child. I was a lucky child and saw Return of the Jedi in the theaters when it first came out. i know I'm aging myself, but I think it was the first movie that I ever saw. I think I was three or four. My sister and I were obsessed with Star Wars as kids. Luke was my first crush.
8.5/10

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 03 Apr 2020, 05:07

I thought it was heads and shoulders above The Last Jedi. I mean - how could it be worse? But seriously, I enjoyed it. However I do think there was a hell of a lot packed in to one movie. Sadly JJ had so much to set straight after the mess of the previous film that he spent most of the movie doing just that, fixing things. But overall it was an enjoyable end to the saga. I'll watch it again when it hits Disney+.

Looking back, the best film of the Disney-era is Rogue One.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 05 Apr 2020, 14:19

Rogue One is the best of the Disney Star Wars movies.

And Tom I the Rise of Skywalker is already on Disney +

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 07 Apr 2020, 16:12

Agree on Rogue One

But boy, The Mandalorian takes it to another level. How the star wars universe should be.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 Apr 2020, 15:34

I didn't know The Rise Of Skywalker was already on Disney+? I just looked and don't see it on there.

The Mandalorian was indeed excellent. The only negative? More episodes in a season please!! So good, can't wait for season 2.

stephen

Post by stephen » 15 Apr 2020, 08:09

Now I've got Disney+, I'm watching them for the first time. Watched episode 4 last week, thought it was OK. The second one (episode 5) not so much, seems like a lot of fighting and no story line, i'm only an hour in mind you.