Coursework

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Kenny

Coursework

Post by Kenny » 19 May 2015, 14:01

Quite a boring topic I know, but is there anybody else on here who are studying for a degree (or have studied) and are on the brink of insanity like myself :evil:? I've been currently living in the university's library for the past couple of weeks trying to get as much done as I can, but with all the blur news it's hard not to procastinate :oops:
Then Susan comes into the room, she's a naughty girl with a lovely smile...

Legless Owl

Re: Coursework

Post by Legless Owl » 19 May 2015, 15:39

I have a degree in French literature, but I graduated in 2004. I hardly put my feet there though. I'm lucky enough to have found people kind enough to lend me their notes before the exams. I spent a couple of days studying night and day, reading heavy books and that was it (thank god i have a good memory, haha). The worst of it was my Serbo-croatian oral! Imagine learning a language in a couple of days without having ever heard it spoken! :lol:

Anyway, good luck!!

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 19 May 2015, 19:10

Currently doing my Media Studies A-level and I'm massively struggling to get into any of it. I'm a massive procrastinator, and I always end up picking up my guitar or something when I hit a wall..

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 19 May 2015, 22:17

My months long work is due in tomorrow, so naturally I'm quite nervous. Killing off the nerves with a bunch of sample heavy 80s records.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 20 May 2015, 04:59

AdvertBreak wrote:Killing off the nerves with a bunch of sample heavy 80s records.
That's the way you do it 8-)

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 20 May 2015, 07:20

Funny this topic popped up about now. I had my very last uni exam yesterday. Now I only have my Master's thesis to write in the next few months and I'm about done with school life for good.

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 20 May 2015, 13:55

Rubi wrote:I'm about done with school life for good.
God, that's what I thought in 2004 and now, at nearly 32, i'm so fed up with my job (been doin this for 10 years and never liked it. Only took the job to pay the bills) that I'm trying to get back to uni and take a Master's course to do something else! :roll:

Kenny

Post by Kenny » 26 May 2015, 18:19

I managed to do all my work eventually, God knows how I'll get on in my final year :oops:
Celebrated at Radio 1's Big Weekend and can finally look forward to the Blur gigs :D
Then Susan comes into the room, she's a naughty girl with a lovely smile...

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 16 Jun 2015, 23:09

TripleJay97 wrote:Currently doing my Media Studies A-level and I'm massively struggling to get into any of it. I'm a massive procrastinator, and I always end up picking up my guitar or something when I hit a wall..
Have you just finished AS or A2?
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 17 Jun 2015, 05:14

A2. It wasn't that bad :)

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 17 Jun 2015, 07:49

I don't know if we're on the same exam board but at AS I got to make a music video and cd cover and we've just been looking at A2 now for next year and because I chose to study the music industry last year I can't do it this year.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 17 Jun 2015, 07:58

That's very similar to what I did at AS. Instead of a music video though, I had to make a functioning website, an album cover and a poster for a fictional band. I ended up with a shoegazing band called January's Angels. Profound, I know :lol: I also had to research and compile a presentation of the image and marketing techniques of a particular band. Picking Radiohead, I was given the opportunity to freak the fuck out of a class full of normal people with a compilation of the Kid A blips.

This year was a lot less interesting. I had to do a case study about a media audience of my choice. I picked Goths because of my obsession with Joy Division at the time, but it became a lot more difficult when they asked us to find recent news stories about our chosen audience :shock: I also had to make a three-page magazine article about a major controversy in the media that happened in the last five years, so I chose the controversy surrounding the release of Django Unchained.

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 17 Jun 2015, 08:29

Woah sounds a lot more in depth than what I've done. We had to make a cd cover and music video for a band that already exists or, if we are musical ourselves (which I'm unfortunately not) for our own songs and band. I chose to do Blur Best Of cover replacing the original faces with my friends and then I did my video for the universal and it was embarrassingly bad. There's a sense of relief that I'm not doing another video next year but I'd quite like to do a magazine cover or something. Think I'm gonna do the film industry at a2 but no idea which director/film as yet.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 17 Jun 2015, 17:26

Ah, I wanna see the Universal video! :lol: We didn't get to choose what unit we wanted this year, we were kind of just forced to do magazine articles. I had to use my pals as models for fictional actors and directors. If I had the chance to do film industry, I would probably choose David Lynch as my director. I want to do filmmaking at university level, so I really hope I've passed.

meznez

Post by meznez » 11 Aug 2015, 07:25

Found this thread whilst procrastinating from my uni work........ Its already week three and I am feeling so unmotivated!!! The first week or so I was still in my post "seeing blur twice in a week" daze but now I have no excuse for my lack of effort haha.
How is everyone else going with their studies? What is everyone studying??