Red Dwarf Thread

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

tom_cas1

Red Dwarf Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 May 2015, 22:20

As many of you know from the old forum, I am a huge Red Dwarf fan. I just found out that a seasons 11 and 12 have been commissioned by Dave (the TV channel). So happy right now. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_VMDeq2c4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any other Dwarfers here?! :mrgreen:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

AdvertBreak

Re: Red Dwarf Thread

Post by AdvertBreak » 02 May 2015, 23:02

12 AS WELL?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Red Dwarf is the no. 1 thing I share with some of my closest friends. We talk about it for ages, and I'm a total geek when it comes to it, coming up with my own fan theories on everything on the show from continuity and mistakes to unproduced scripts etc. etc. It's really fun actually.

But yeah, as that statement should tell you, I'm a huge fan.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 05 May 2015, 03:54

It's one of my favourite shows of all time. I seriously can't wait for next year!!!

Favourite season/character/episode, AdvertBreak?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 05 May 2015, 12:30

Favourite season is either II or V. They both have many many classic moments and some of the best episodes (with V its especially The Inquisitor, Quarantine, Back to Reality, and with II it's...well all of them except maybe Thanks for the Memory which is still good nonetheless).

Favourite character is either Rimmer or Kryten. Favourite episode? Impossible :P

It sounds strange but my main hope for 11 or 12 is that there is an episode based on The Cat, something which has never happened. There was going to be one for series 7 but it was dropped because it was too expensive.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » 05 May 2015, 12:49

The second / third series were the sweet spot. Queeg / Polymorph / Backwards were favourite eps.

Lame to fame: Hattie Hayridge bought me a pint once.
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 05 May 2015, 19:43

Favourite series: 6
Favourite character: Rimmer/Ace 8-)
Favourite episode: ...tough one. Back To Reality is a great one.

Dwayne Dibbley is one of the best Red Dwarf creations as well. Fucking brilliant!

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 05 May 2015, 19:44

What a Dibbley!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 May 2015, 19:00

I hope they bring him back, same goes with Ace Rimmer. Both fantastic characters and as funny as hell!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 13 May 2015, 12:35

I seriously can't wait for the next two series. Series X was pretty good after a slightly disappointing Back To Earth in 2009.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 13 May 2015, 14:49

tom_cas1 wrote:I seriously can't wait for the next two series. Series X was pretty good after a slightly disappointing Back To Earth in 2009.
Back to Earth was alright enough but not as a highly anticipated comeback after 10 years. Also, it works better as one feature than three episodes. X on the other hand was great. With XI and XII now in the works, there is no excuse for them not to make a Cat episode. 8-)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 13 May 2015, 15:46

I agree. I'd like some issues resolved too plus get Holly back on board.

Plus the end of X was meant to show the reintroduction of Kristine Kochanski but it didn't happen. I bet they'll do it in XI although personally I prefer the original four cast members and no Kristine Kochanski.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Jul 2015, 23:42

Series 1-8 now on Netflix!! :mrgreen:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 24 Mar 2016, 19:49

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 25 Mar 2016, 04:07

Is that the official logo? If so I'm very surprised they've changed it back now.

Can't wait anyhow.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 03 Jun 2016, 15:22

Yep that's the official one.

Here's another sneak peak from the show. Dave says it's airing "soon"!!