What pisses you off at the moment?

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

MalcolmP

Re: What pisses you off at the moment?

Post by MalcolmP » 13 Nov 2018, 09:38

I'm having to deal with a lot of bureaucracy these days and it's pissing me off to no avail. How do we reign in the beast that's seemingly out of control?

PaulG

Post by PaulG » 19 Jul 2019, 11:49

dougharrison wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 23:05
I'm almost certainly not the first to say this, but I'm throwing the NRA out there.

Why on earth is it in America that the right to own a gun is seen as a more important right than the right not be shot?

I love America wholeheartedly having lived there for 9 months and gone back on holiday/vacation many times since, but the whole gun situation is so arse about face. I mean seriously when the proposed solution to there being too many shootings (if you like just reflect on the fact the phrase too many slipped you by, rather than the fact that any at all is absolutely heinous) is to bring more guns in to schools, makes me wonder if the Mayans forgot to carry a 1 somewhere when they thought the world would end in 2012
Yeah, it's insane. The wording of the second amendment has caused so much debate about its original intent.

What really baffles me about the US is the attitude to guns (constitutional right to own one) versus the attitude to nudity (middle America goes nuclear at the sight of a female nipple!).

stephen

Post by stephen » 19 Jul 2019, 13:12

PaulG wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 11:49
dougharrison wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 23:05
I'm almost certainly not the first to say this, but I'm throwing the NRA out there.

Why on earth is it in America that the right to own a gun is seen as a more important right than the right not be shot?

I love America wholeheartedly having lived there for 9 months and gone back on holiday/vacation many times since, but the whole gun situation is so arse about face. I mean seriously when the proposed solution to there being too many shootings (if you like just reflect on the fact the phrase too many slipped you by, rather than the fact that any at all is absolutely heinous) is to bring more guns in to schools, makes me wonder if the Mayans forgot to carry a 1 somewhere when they thought the world would end in 2012
Yeah, it's insane. The wording of the second amendment has caused so much debate about its original intent.

What really baffles me about the US is the attitude to guns (constitutional right to own one) versus the ight of a female nipple!).
I did not know that, that's hilarious and also very sad.
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

stephen

Post by stephen » 19 Jul 2019, 13:14

stephen wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 12:20
I think I've mentioned it before on here but I've been suffering from insomnia. It's a result from a whole host of things but mostly my tinitus.
I forgot I posted this, but I've been off the caffeine for about 6 months now and the clarity in my thoughts are overwhelming. Most of my troubles have gone away, I was in a really bad place :|
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 19 Jul 2019, 17:34

stephen wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 13:14
stephen wrote:
I think I've mentioned it before on here but I've been suffering from insomnia. It's a result from a whole host of things but mostly my tinitus.
I forgot I posted this, but I've been off the caffeine for about 6 months now and the clarity in my thoughts are overwhelming. Most of my troubles have gone away, I was in a really bad place :|

Glad to hear things are much better now pal

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 20 Jul 2019, 06:56

stephen wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 13:14
stephen wrote:
I'm really glad that you are in a much better place now! I tried getting off caffeine and it didn't do much for me. I really limit my intake of it now. It was getting to the point where if I had a caffeinated drink, the caffeine had zero effect on me. Now, what I really need to do and what will be extremely hard for me to do is to cut down on my sugar intake. That I think is a lot more harmful than caffeine (for me at least).