Introduce Yourself (Hello to all the new users)

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

sara-m-a

Re: Introduce Yourself (Hello to all the new users)

Post by sara-m-a » 19 Feb 2015, 22:59

Thanks guys! good to see familiar "faces"

Actually I used to have an account here years ago, but I couldn't remember my user name :lol:

munch

Post by munch » 20 Feb 2015, 03:02

Hello!
I was munch on the old forum. Not sure if anyone remembers me, I came up with that Mirror Press album :D I was there since Think Tank and I love this new place!
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 20 Feb 2015, 05:04

Welcome everyone!!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 21 Feb 2015, 19:28

Hi all, finally here was a lurker on here but with not much happening in the Blur world I never got round to joining, amazing news on Thursday and cant wait for the album.

42 now and feeling old lol, but when I see the lads looking so good gives me hope :D no sign of grey with them! 8-)

First album bought was Modern Life In Rubbish in 1993 and I was hooked, no internet so getting the b-sides on hard to find vinyl at record fairs was pretty cool back then, was about six months before I discovered my fave Popscene!

My live Blur History

1994 - Leeds Town & Country (Lost my 21st birthday watch in my first moshpit lol!)
1994 - Aston Villa Leisure Centre (Pulp supported, saw Damon and Phil in car park :D )
1995 - Milton Keynes Bowl (Rem support but blew them off the stage, my fave Blur show, they were simply on fire on a scorching day!)
1995 - Sheffield Arena
1997 - Hull Ice Arena (What a punk rock set list! http://vblurpage.com/gigography/1997/1130_hull.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
1999 - Leeds Festival (Surprised me finishing with Sing, but it was perfect...)
1999 - Wembley Arena (Singles Night, I Know took us by surprise for a few seconds ;) )
2009 - Newcastle O2 (Still brilliant with Damon diving into the crowd at least twice!)

...and some of you will know about me been a fan of the classic 80s comedy Sledge Hammer! already but here's a clip from the first few minutes of the first ever episode, explains my avatar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R03Dtu1r6nk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 Feb 2015, 05:56

Welcome Sledge, nice to see you again!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 23 Feb 2015, 13:32

Hi,

although I was never a member of the old forum I had been reading it for years and was shocked by it closing and discovered that you'd all moved on here. So I'm really glad to be a part of this! Hope to get on well with you lot.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 23 Feb 2015, 13:35

Welcome along Lt. :)

HydeParklife

Post by HydeParklife » 23 Feb 2015, 22:41

Hi!

Long time lurker on the old Blur forum. I've been a Blur fan since 2002 and I remember being asked by a friend if they were still an active band then (3 years did seem a long time without a new album at the time!), along came Think Tank the next year and with no gigs near me on that tour and the wilderness years that followed it seemed like I had got into the band at the wrong time. Anyway, I did make it to Hyde Park in 2009 and 2012 and am looking forward to finally having a new album to listen to with the four guys back together.

Looking forward to joining the discussions with you all!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 24 Feb 2015, 00:30

Welcome guys!

author_unknown

Post by author_unknown » 24 Feb 2015, 19:31

Hi all!

I'm author_unknown, 30, from Dorset. Fan since 1995, long time lurker of the old official forum and now here. Figured (what with the good news!!) it was time to jump into the conversation. Nice to meet ya!
put some lipstick on; at least your lies will be pretty

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 24 Feb 2015, 21:09

So many newbies, I'm loving it! :D

Kenny

Post by Kenny » 25 Feb 2015, 01:46

Hi everyone!

I'm a student from Yorkshire studying Film and Television with the hope of being a cameraman for concerts and festivals!

I have been a blur fan for as long as I can remember, even though I was only born a month before Parklife was released, so I like to think myself as the Parklife Baby (cringey, I know)

I wasn't fortunate enough to get tickets for Hyde Park 2009 but I did make it to Hyde Park 2012 and I have already booked tickets for Hyde Park this year!

Nice to meet you all! :)
Then Susan comes into the room, she's a naughty girl with a lovely smile...

Mr Briggs

Post by Mr Briggs » 25 Feb 2015, 18:04

Hi blur fans, I've just joined the forum, I used to post on the old forum and I met several people who posted when I saw blur play the 100 club in 2012.

I can't recall my old username so I'm on here as Mr Briggs :D

I'm possibly one of the elder statesman of blur fans and I've followed the band since the very early days, way back to early 1990

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 25 Feb 2015, 19:35

Welcome everyone.

Wow - this place is getting busy. Great to see.

Annie

Post by Annie » 27 Feb 2015, 11:41

Hey there,

I'm Annie, 26 years old and from Germany. I've discovered Blur through a good friend of mine back in 1999 (I think...).
Saw them 2003 in Cologne and 2013 in Berlin.
Apart from that I've managed to see Damon in London, Berlin and Hamburg last spring / summer. I've met a couple of great people in Hamburg who might be here as well. ;)

Really looking forward to seeing them again in London this summer. :)