Introduce Yourself (Hello to all the new users)

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Rubi

Re: Introduce Yourself (Hello to all the new users)

Post by Rubi » 11 May 2017, 21:25

Hahaha, what a throwback. :D

Yeah, it was a good place to hang around. Other members I remember were Trimm Trabb, The Isness, Coffee & TV, Finwë, Cabe, Alexander and Sir British Sushi.

Also, I used to write with this obnoxious dark red italics font. :lol:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 11 May 2017, 22:19

Trimm Trabb still turns up here now and again but very rarely. StarShaped666 was another one who I'm still friends with on Facebook. Coffee & TV was her then boyfriend. Probably the funniest guy on the old forum, hands down. Hence the quote in my sig. :lol:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MannMedic

Post by MannMedic » 23 May 2017, 17:25

Hello all! I'm MannMedic, glad to have finally joined this forum. I've been a guest here recently, and I love reading what other's thoughts are on one of my favorite bands. I've been a Blur fan for a few years now, and I'm glad I finally have a popular place to talk to other fans.
Just your average country sad ballad man!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 May 2017, 22:30

Welcome!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 27 May 2017, 07:30

Welcome MannMedic.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 01 Jun 2017, 05:12

Hahah!
I still remember some of those "old" nicknames (I joined to the official forum around early 2006): Salmon, Rubi, grahamsglasses, scimmia, Princess DJ, Astroid, Kiera, Trimm Trabb, Coffee & TV, Finwë, Alexander, Sir British Sushi, and the "Think Tank Forum". Weird times because Blur "didn't exist" in those years, and when Blur came back around December 2008 I was not an active member of the old forum.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 01 Jun 2017, 16:14

Hahaha. The Think Tank Forum! Wow, had forgotten that. :lol:

stephen

Post by stephen » 09 Jun 2017, 10:43

JAIME wrote:Hahah!
I still remember some of those "old" nicknames (I joined to the official forum around early 2006): Salmon, Rubi, grahamsglasses, scimmia, Princess DJ, Astroid, Kiera, Trimm Trabb, Coffee & TV, Finwë, Alexander, Sir British Sushi, and the "Think Tank Forum". Weird times because Blur "didn't exist" in those years, and when Blur came back around December 2008 I was not an active member of the old forum.
Good times. Do you remember Gecko? What a strange fella. :lol:
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 16 Jun 2017, 02:02

stephen wrote:
Honestly I don't remember him. I do remember that we used to have a lot of polls everywhere :D

stephen

Post by stephen » 21 Jun 2017, 10:22

JAIME wrote:
stephen wrote:
Honestly I don't remember him. I do remember that we used to have a lot of polls everywhere :D
This my friend is Gecko:

https://myspace.com/grecom/mixes/profil ... to/2958385

People thought he was a pseudonym because his posts were usually very short/obscure with a little bit of humor thrown in. After sometime he created a myspace page.

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 18 Sep 2017, 15:11

Hello! My name is Ewa, I'm from Warsaw. I'm an obsessive listener and usually I go through phases in which I listen to one artist or two over and over for months or even years. Recently Damon's projects fulfill almost all my musical needs but I became a fan of Blur back in the 90. (even though at the time I was mainly into Polish punk rock and hardcore bands eheh). Later I listened to Russian music a lot, then to Italian but I never stopped loving Blur. Unfortunately I've never seen them live...!

stephen

Post by stephen » 18 Sep 2017, 16:01

Welcome to the board :D

TristramShandy

Post by TristramShandy » 26 Feb 2018, 18:24

Hi all.

I should have posted here some tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime ago, but... well, better late than never, and also I didn't want to introduce myself once and never come again on the board (no offense to those concerned; anyway if you're reading this you're not concerned.) :)

So well, I'm 35, been into Blur's and Graham's music since I was 15-or-such. The self-titled album was the third CD I bought ever (after Revolver and Rubber Soul, to give a rough idea of my cornerstones); of course I came to complete my collection quite quickly after that. I was pretty much into Modern Life Is Rubbish for some years, well that was before 1999 and 13, which blew my mind. Then naturally moved to Graham's stuff, my preference still going to Crow Sit On Blood Tree.

I never saw Blur live, but did Graham twice, in 2005 in Hammersmith Palais (a pre-Love Travels concert), and in Oxford in 2012.

I'm a musician myself, mainly playing bass, I can cope with a guitar (~Damon's level), bit of piano, singing (covering Graham's Home in a duet)...

Oh yes, and also I wrote a note-for-note transcription of Graham's The Spinning Top, all tracks, all instruments, bam, heavy work, I'm quite proud of it (and would be prouder still if I could find a way to publish the whole thing... ;)) Transcribing tunes is a bit of a hobby for me, yep, very interesting work to carry out in Blur's case.

I listen to a pretty diverse range of music, be it pop, rock, jazz, funk, folk... errr not too much classical music (or else XXth century) nor rap (except for a few UK acts). My record collection is heavily unbalanced towards the "B" section by the almighty Beatles/Bowie/Blur trinity (I don't own enough of Beach Boys' for it to be significant, sorry KingLouieLouie76!).

Cheers.

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 28 Feb 2018, 07:01

Good musical choices TristramShandy :D
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

__must__

Post by __must__ » 04 May 2019, 14:56

Salutations.

It seems there hasn't been a post in this topic in a while, so I hope I'm not disturbing anything :D

I'm a big fan of Blur, Damon, and Graham's work, and own every album they've put out (and even more!). I also made the huge Gorillaz rarity compilation 'Oddz and Endz', and helped with the Plastic Beach #freethesea campaign... have I made it clear I'm a fan yet? :P Been listening to their work for years now, and have a lot of emotional and nostalgic ties to it.

My favorite albums from them would have to be 'Plastic Beach', 'D-Sides','13', 'Merrie Land', and 'Happiness in Magazines', but I love everything either way.
Been lurking for a while now, but hope to post more!

(My other favorite artists would have to be I Monster, Beck, The Clash, and The Blues Brothers)