Doctor Who

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

MsMagicAmerica

Doctor Who

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 23 Nov 2019, 22:20

Is anyone a fan of Doctor Who? If so I have a few questions for you:
1-Who is your favorite Doctor?
2-Do you like NuWho, Classic Who, or both?
3-Who is your favorite companion?
4-what is your favorite story?
5-When did you get into the show?

For me, my favorite Doctor is Tom Baker, whole I like some of the NuWho stories and Doctors, I like Classic Who better. My favorite companion is Sarah Jane. My favorite story is the Deadly Assassin. And finally, I got into the show in 1998.

PaulG

Re: Doctor Who

Post by PaulG » 02 Dec 2019, 12:44

You Are Not Alone :)

My favourite Doctor is Patrick Troughton, though I also have a lot of love for Hartnell, Davison, Colin Baker, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston and Matt Smith. I grew up on the classic series and have watched it for as long as I can remember. I was brought up on Tom Baker during the 1970s and have been a fan since 1985, but I'm equally fond of classic and new. I'm not sure I have a favourite companion to be honest, and it's really, really difficult to narrow down to a single favourite story... I'm currently watching the whole series in order from the beginning, and I've got as far as 'The Enemy of the World'. If I had to choose I'd say my favourite is 'Power of the Daleks'.

MsMagicAmerica

Re: Doctor Who

Post by MsMagicAmerica » Yesterday, 02:19

I really have to start watching the Troughton years! From what I have seen him in (the Three Doctors, the Fie Doctors, and the last episode of the War Games) I like him a lot. To be honest, I like all of the Doctors, but there's something about McCoy that I am not crazy about. I cant put my finger on it. I don't mind Jodie, but I didn't like her stories and I think there are too many companions. I don't really mind that the Doctor changed into a woman because the Doctor is an alien so who is to say that he can't change sex while regenerating?