Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

How y'all doing

Postby Lt Pinkerton » 18 Nov 2017, 19:46

Haven't posted here in ages lawl
Lt Pinkerton

Re: How y'all doing

Postby MsMagicAmerica » 19 Nov 2017, 03:09

Good. My old car of nearly 12 years (2002 Ford Focus) kicked the bucket so I just bought a 2007 Saab 9-3. I couldn't be more happier. Other than that, just getting ready for the holidays.
MsMagicAmerica

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 24 Nov 2017, 07:33

Still enjoying the forum :D
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."
Mallard No. 22

Postby Forever Low Man » 02 Dec 2017, 05:37

just performed. 2nd concert. twas more fun this time.
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners
Forever Low Man

Postby AdvertBreak » 05 Dec 2017, 21:42

Bad but I like it when I'm here

https://rateyourmusic.com/~chemical_think_tank
AdvertBreak

Postby MsMagicAmerica » 06 Dec 2017, 04:28

AdvertBreak wrote:Bad but I like it when I'm here

Oh no! Sorry to hear that you're doing bad. I haven't been that great either. I have really bad seasonal depression & lately it's been affecting me big time.
MsMagicAmerica

Postby stephen » 06 Dec 2017, 12:45

I used to get SAD really badly between the ages of 16-24. It would come on pretty badly around October time.

I learnt that I had to counter act what my body wanted to naturally do as it was causing me so much unhappiness. If I could see out October/November it would get easier as the winter came on. But if that October was bad it would be a waiting game for March/April to come around.

Body wanted to stay in, not leave the house, not get up in the morning.

I really didn't want to do anything. I hated going to college/university. My attendance must have been around 10%. I was house bound for about 5 months of my life, I would only see my mum and my best friend would come round to cheer me up. but I noticed the more busy I made myself the easier it was to live with.

So really forcing myself to see friends / family. Do activities I really didn't want to do, but knowing that once I did them it would help.

Doing a little bit of exercise, even if it's just a walk around the park for 30 minutes.

The up side to the whole thing was I was on the computer every day in the winter months when I was 16-20. I think I became addicted to the bright light of the computer screen. So I naturally became interested in computers, what they did, how they worked. Social media wasn't around so there was no one to really talk to. So I made websites, it was a way to the outside world without leaving the house. Now I've got 10 years work experience in web development, and close to 20 years overall it's handy to be able to build a future for myself.
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good
stephen

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 08 Dec 2017, 07:14

Interesting points stephen.

Motivation issues can even affect people who do sporting activities - it is said that the hardest thing for a runner is actually getting out of the front door.
Mallard No. 22

Postby AdvertBreak » 10 Dec 2017, 21:18

I'm always a bit sad all year round but it does get worse around this time of year, last Christmas/New Year time being the worst it's ever been, some (but not all) of the causes of which I discussed here at the time. It's not quite as bad this year though which is most fortunate. Re:Stephen, my college attendance is virtually 100% and I'm at a great pace which is most good but while I like the course, I'm not all for the experience and leaving the house - something I usually enjoy - does constantly provide reminders about the things that get me down, so as far as having a real-life social life is concerned, 2017 has been virtually the 8th year on the row where, school/college aside, I spent what must be somewhere between 95% and 99% of it indoors on my own. Cue feelings of wasting my youth etc. But I have my friends on Facebook and places like here to chat.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~chemical_think_tank
AdvertBreak

Postby Forever Low Man » 11 Dec 2017, 04:36

i feel like trash but thats because its finals week and i have no study habits to speak of

also feeling good because soon finals will be over and i'll be back at home making another album

also feeling good because i'm actually working on a few albums and one of them involves a few people from this board ;}
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners
Forever Low Man

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 13 Dec 2017, 06:45

AdvertBreak wrote:my college attendance is virtually 100% and I'm at a great pace which is most good

Even though you are an individual AB, the day-to-day involvement at college is good. You are amidst others and this gives a positive state of mind.
Mallard No. 22

Postby MsMagicAmerica » 13 Dec 2017, 08:06

I'm scared shitless honestly. My job is HORRIBLE. I work at a deli/convenience store/gas station. I've been there for the past 10 years and despite the cool coworkers, I have hated it every moment. However, it pays well and offers awesome insurance as well as company stock. Well, I just gave my two weeks notice that I am leaving provided that I get a new job in custom framing at an arts and crafts store which I shall hopefully find out tonight if I get.
Why am I doing this? A few reasons:
1-I'm sick of being miserable at my job. The work is stressful as they require us to do a lot in a very limited time and we're always short staffed. The customers are rude and are often drunk/high.
2-If I leave by the end of the year, I get to cash out my company stock and it's a nice penny
3-I'm going back to school and need the company stock money to help pay for the school and my debts

I just enrolled in classes, government health insurance, and have my second interview tonight. While I know change is a good thing, I'm scared that I'm making a dumb choice.
MsMagicAmerica

Next

Return to Off Topic