Req: Blur at Metropolis Perth/Fremantle, Australia – 11/6/97

Request and post links to rare live audio/video files.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Req: Blur at Metropolis Perth/Fremantle, Australia – 11/6/97

Postby Pavlich » 16 Aug 2017, 13:27

Apparently there is a live bootleg out there of this show. I've done the usual skim search and haven't found anything. The proof is apparently in this website here: http://blurliveaudioarchiveproject.blog ... u/2009/10/

This was the final Blur show in Australia for about 18 years. It may be tagged as being played in either Perth or Fremantle but the venue was definitely Metropolis. Freo is a town/suburb south of Perth but both places had a Metropolis nightclub and concert venue and a lot of 1990s gig history is pretty inconsistent online. A lot of bands of this ilk and era played their first or only Aussie tours at a Metropolis but it's so poorly documented that unless you went or know someone who did, the online sources might have the complete wrong venue. The Metropolis in the city is now called Metro City while the one in Freo is still called Metropolis... and it is not the sort of place you'd usually hear a band like Blur at now!

I would love to have a copy of this record but I'd also love to know if any people on here attended the show or even the greater Australian tour of '97?

I know there are some Perth people on here.

It's quite interesting how prevalent recordings are from the mid to late 90s are from Perth shows of many bands. It seems so many were once circulated but now are hard to come by. I wonder if it was literally the same guy, or couple of people, taping these then exotic British and American bands in little old Perth?

Would love to get to the bottom of this.
Pavlich

Re: Req: Blur at Metropolis Perth/Fremantle, Australia – 11/

Postby Veikko » 18 Aug 2017, 00:16

Hello Pavlich!

Here's an audience recording from the show: http://www.mediafire.com/?5t4otae39efzd8e

I can't remember where I originally got it, probably from Dime. It's been recorded and uploaded by a concert-goer named 'Franger'.

I'll need to do some research whether the Blur gig was in the city of Perth or Fremantle. I previously thought there was a Metropolis club only in Fremantle.
Veikko
Site Admin

Postby Caitlin » 18 Aug 2017, 04:03

Veikko wrote:It's been recorded and uploaded by a concert-goer named 'Franger'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: of course it was
Caitlin

Postby Veikko » 18 Aug 2017, 04:50

Caitlin wrote:
Veikko wrote:It's been recorded and uploaded by a concert-goer named 'Franger'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: of course it was

:oops: :lol:

(I couldn't imagine my life without Urban Dictionary...)
Veikko
Site Admin

Postby Pavlich » 18 Aug 2017, 06:48

Veikko wrote:Hello Pavlich!

Here's an audience recording from the show: http://www.mediafire.com/?5t4otae39efzd8e

I can't remember where I originally got it, probably from Dime. It's been recorded and uploaded by a concert-goer named 'Franger'.

I'll need to do some research whether the Blur gig was in the city of Perth or Fremantle. I previously thought there was a Metropolis club only in Fremantle.

Ah fantastic, this is really cool. If this is from dime, does this mean it's a lossless file and it's huge?

There is a review from a 1998 Pulp show from their first tour in Australia and it's mentioned Jarvis stands in the same spot Damon did, and that show was in Perth. I am assuming this is the Metro City and not Metropolis Freo venue.
Pavlich

Postby Veikko » 18 Aug 2017, 12:15

Yes, you're probably right that the gig was at the Metro City... setlist.fm also claims so:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blur/199 ... 4480f.html
Veikko
Site Admin

Return to Live Downloads