Blur have vague plans on a new reunion - The Times Oct 2020

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

lumaka

Re: Blur have vague plans on a new reunion - The Times Oct 2020

Post by lumaka » 07 Nov 2020, 02:00

Bit of a Blur?

Gorillaz, of course, aren’t Damon’s only world-beating, Glastonbury-headlining outfit. There’s a little band called Blur that sometimes pop back into the picture too - so can we expect any updates from Damon, Graham, Alex and Dave soon?

“Well yeah, I’m sure at some point. I mean, why not? There’s a lot of material out there that could be used, and we have been… Oh god, if I say one thing it just becomes… Er, but why not do something like that? It’s wonderful when I do those shows; I love it. But it is a different thing to where I am now. I try from time to time to bring it up to speed, and [2015 Blur LP] ‘The Magic Whip’ - that was a relatively successful attempt to do that. I worry sometimes whether I CAN do that, but singing those songs and enjoying that moment, I would love to do that again, obviously.

I find it a lot easier to move forward. I’m happy to go back, but the world was slightly younger and more naive then. It was different. Blur is a pre-internet band, so it’s kind of weird existing in the internet age in that form; it’s much easier to exist in the Gorillaz form…”

DIY, Nov 2020

Pavlich

Post by Pavlich » 10 Nov 2020, 06:13

What lazy and over-inspired writing that is there.

Cliche headline that's done to fuckin death? Yep.

'Wow, you know this guy's in two huge bands?!' O yah.

Naming individual members of the act to instil some sort of connotation of gang camaraderie? Unfortunately.

John_d

Post by John_d » 11 Dec 2020, 12:07

Mark87uk wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 00:03
John_d wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 23:24
That was great thanks. I wouls like to think he will Zoom Graham at some point soon!
No danger John
Ah why do you say "no danger". Are they not on a Zoom Chat level of friendship. Surely they are - Graham turning up onstage at Demon Dayz etc.

thespider

Post by thespider » 11 Dec 2020, 14:22

daii wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 21:15
to be fair, i don't think anything related to blur is possible until 2022: next year gorillaz is going to be touring for most of the year and then damon is doing the "The Nearer the fountain" thing and playing some dates as well.
Plus Graham is mega busy with writing soundtracks.