All We Want in 13.

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

stephen

Re: All We Want in 13.

Post by stephen » 24 Apr 2020, 05:20

Moritz wrote:
23 Apr 2020, 21:18
I also think that early versions of the songs from 13 could easily fit in with the ST album and it's b-sides. Mellow Song was perhabs first played at the soundchecks of the Nordic countries tour in August 1997. You can see it in the intro of the Nirdst I Nordrid documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ize6pCmd-Ec .
It does kinda fit in with their 'lo-fi' sound. Gosh the band seem completely knackered or drugged up or both in that documentary :lol:

John_d

Post by John_d » 24 Apr 2020, 12:59

They are in poor shape around the time of 13. Damon must still be on heroin when they record the NDLTR video. I wonder if he agreed to get off it before Missy was born. I think that was sometime in the summer of 99.

semi

Post by semi » 31 May 2020, 19:35

Sledge Hammer wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 09:38
Not hate but he let songs meander and put way too much of his stamp on it, Tender should be a lot shorter, I don't mind his Bugman but that should be more of a remix, the live Bugman is much better and could have been a tight punk song on the album. Movin On the original is much better, his remix sounds and effects are dated and very much of his time and work with Madonna etc, where as Blur's other music is timeless...and yes Street always did it the best.
I Agree

ricj

Post by ricj » 04 Jun 2020, 09:29

John_d wrote:
24 Apr 2020, 12:59
They are in poor shape around the time of 13. Damon must still be on heroin when they record the NDLTR video. I wonder if he agreed to get off it before Missy was born. I think that was sometime in the summer of 99.
There is no evidence for that. He does look extremely knackered but I always just assumed he must've stayed up for a couple of days or taken some sleep medication as I know I would have to if I was expected to sleep while a camera crew crept around my room!

I'm not a fan of that video myself. I thought the concept was amazing and perfectly suited the tone of the song but the whole thing was shattered by that 'behind the scenes' aspect being worked into the video. The two things didn't work together - they should've made a separate behind the scenes featurette and kept the music video dark, mysterious and moving.

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 09 Jun 2020, 18:01

ricj wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 09:29
I'm not a fan of that video myself. I thought the concept was amazing and perfectly suited the tone of the song but the whole thing was shattered by that 'behind the scenes' aspect being worked into the video. The two things didn't work together - they should've made a separate behind the scenes featurette and kept the music video dark, mysterious and moving.
I agree. The whole thing suddenly became a short documentary. And considering how poignant and personal the song is, just the video with them sleeping would have worked much, much better.

stephen

Post by stephen » 10 Jun 2020, 07:50

"it'll be interesting if dreams happen tonight, because I never remember them", they're not recording your dreams Graham :lol: :lol: