Graham's soundtrack for Netflix series 'I Am Not Okay With This'

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

vitekm

Graham's soundtrack for Netflix series 'I Am Not Okay With This'

Post by vitekm » 23 Jan 2020, 20:05

Yet another soundtrack by Graham Coxon, again for Netflix series:

https://www.facebook.com/grahamcoxonoff ... =3&theater

lumaka

Re: Another soundtrack by Graham

Post by lumaka » 26 Feb 2020, 10:08

It's out! Released as an album of Bloodwitch, a favourite band of Stanley, one of the main characters of the series "I Am Not Okay With This". It seems that in real life Bloodwitch are just Graham and Tatyana Richaud. All songs written by Graham Coxon :-)

stephen

Post by stephen » 26 Feb 2020, 16:12

Is it just me or is there a bit of modern life is rubbish / leisure in there

vitekm

Post by vitekm » 26 Feb 2020, 16:18

Sounds so good. And this thread definitely deserves ANNOUNCEMENTS status. Damon´s project has it, although it may not have been written yet :-)

Sushi

Re: Graham's soundtrack for Netflix series 'I Am Not Okay With This'

Post by Sushi » 26 Feb 2020, 23:04

Hi it’s me sushi! I haven’t posted in a while but I’ve been lurking this whole time. Anyway, I have decided to come out of hiding because this record derseves attention. Not only did it seemingly come out of nowhere, it is f**king GOOD. Like... you know that one song on a new record that makes you almost neglect the rest of it because it’s so amazing? There’s like 7 of those.

Veikko
Site Admin

Post by Veikko » 26 Feb 2020, 23:16

vitekm wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 16:18
Sounds so good. And this thread definitely deserves ANNOUNCEMENTS status. Damon´s project has it, although it may not have been written yet :-)
I'm definitely okay with this! Just listened to a few snippets and it sounds nice.
EDIT: and so does the full album!

vitekm

Post by vitekm » 27 Feb 2020, 18:02

for quick listen available also here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCilgX8 ... MSihxnD-tQ

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 08 Apr 2020, 00:53

Eh, I like a few songs, but it sounds very "dumbed down" to me. Most of the songs sound lazy, slow, repetitive. Definitely does NOT sound like a Coxon album, perhaps that's the point.

Sushi

Post by Sushi » 08 Apr 2020, 05:02

dparrott wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 00:53
Eh, I like a few songs, but it sounds very "dumbed down" to me. Most of the songs sound lazy, slow, repetitive. Definitely does NOT sound like a Coxon album, perhaps that's the point.
To me it sounds like slower outtakes from A+E, which in my opinion is a brilliant record and I am totally ok with this. It's as if 'The Truth' had a bunch of babies.

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 14 Apr 2020, 10:07

dparrott wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 00:53
It's obvious that it can't sound like him. Is not a Graham coxon´s album, is a soundtrack of a series. For me is brilliant, like everything He does. A really talented man.

blurfansince97

Post by blurfansince97 » 01 Jul 2020, 16:05

I think Graham has done some really great work with these soundtracks. Probably some of his best.

John_d

Post by John_d » 25 Jul 2020, 07:54

Hello folks, could I possibly be directed to some highlights of Graham's soundtrack type work? I haven't kept track of it. For example, for Monkey I would say "Heavenly Peach Banquet". For Dr Dee I would say "Apple Carts". Etc.

The older I get, the more obvious it becomes that Graham's musicianship elevated a lot of Blur material from "lovely melody" to "absolutely bloody brilliant". For example - Badhead.

vitekm

Post by vitekm » 25 Jul 2020, 14:55

John_d wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 07:54
Hello folks, could I possibly be directed to some highlights of Graham's soundtrack type work? I haven't kept track of it. For example, for Monkey I would say "Heavenly Peach Banquet". For Dr Dee I would say "Apple Carts". Etc.

The older I get, the more obvious it becomes that Graham's musicianship elevated a lot of Blur material from "lovely melody" to "absolutely bloody brilliant". For example - Badhead.
From TEOTFW 1 try: "Angry Me", "In My Room" or "Roaming Star". Full album playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMDkeme ... zcKrRIbTLY

TEOTFW 2: "Down To The Sea", "She Knows", "Vale". Full album playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqFKdr3 ... g5UMAFxPTM

I Am Not Okay With This: "Forever and Never", "I´m Yours Tonight": Full album playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCxkxaA ... _VoBRO-uno

Bonus: Graham´s song for "The Riot Club" movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiNdFqJhyyM

You´re welcome, sir