alex james in trouble!

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 701
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by stephen » 09 Dec 2019, 13:21

vitekm wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 10:07
Some are in good humor, not sure if "the most" of them. All those "accusing" photos of Alex in company of Mr. Cameron, as if he was meeting devil himself :-) But don´t worry, its pretty much the same everywhere, we also have our heated political debates in our country. The only trouble is that Britain is seen as country of good manners and certain restraint. But maybe this views on Britain are just stereotypes (and there must be more to life :-)
well yes I only saw the tweets early on so that might have changed, most people know to take everything that goes online with a pinch of salt but yes theres always some that take it too far

dougharrison
Posts: 267
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 03:01

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by dougharrison » 09 Dec 2019, 18:57

Sledge Hammer wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 18:38


Ok so Labour spout on abot nhs waiting lists, oversized classrooms etc, the population of this country goes up a million every couple of years...so none of this will be sustainable in 10 to 20 years how ever much money they throw at it...so what is Labour's policy on immigration...

THERE ISN'T ONE...just keep on rolling and concrete over the whole country. Climate change isn't the biggest threat to the world, there's just too many people everywhere...and Labour have no plan whatsoever.
Frankly Labour and Corbyn being an absolute shambles doesn't make the Tories or Boris any more palatable.

I literally have no idea what you mean when you say "concrete over the whole country". I haven't read the Labour manifesto, but I'm guessing that's not in there?

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 701
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by stephen » 10 Dec 2019, 09:04

More people = more gdp, more people contributing to taxes, more money for the NHS. In theory anyway.

If you have anyone to blame for NHS it's an aging population, not immigration.

jonathas
Posts: 52
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 13:15

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by jonathas » 10 Dec 2019, 17:59

Couldn’t care less what Alex thinks really, but wouldn’t assume he’s centre right necessarily, although he clearly is happy to socialise with the Tories in his social circle! Up to him.

Labour voter and member of over 20 years here but can’t do it while Corbyn is leader, so going Green this time.

User avatar
rich
Posts: 952
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 16:58
Location: London

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by rich » 10 Dec 2019, 22:26

Alex has become a bit of a squire, hasn't he?
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

dougharrison
Posts: 267
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 03:01

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by dougharrison » 10 Dec 2019, 22:53

stephen wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 09:04
More people = more gdp, more people contributing to taxes, more money for the NHS. In theory anyway.

If you have anyone to blame for NHS it's an aging population, not immigration.
At the risk of taking this further off topic, we could look at the fact the NHS has lost 17,000 beds since 2010, but clearly that's not a problem, it's all because of immigration, obviously...

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 701
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by stephen » 11 Dec 2019, 09:10

dougharrison wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 22:53
stephen wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 09:04
More people = more gdp, more people contributing to taxes, more money for the NHS. In theory anyway.

If you have anyone to blame for NHS it's an aging population, not immigration.
At the risk of taking this further off topic, we could look at the fact the NHS has lost 17,000 beds since 2010, but clearly that's not a problem, it's all because of immigration, obviously...
Well yes obviously cuts are never going to help something that's already in crisis. I don't think this is off topic, I think we are ok with this one :D

The Folding
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 13:17

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by The Folding » 11 Dec 2019, 11:00

My interest in ASJ stretches as far as I appreciate his rhythmic bass scales around Graham's guitar. Who he legally votes for is his business, why is this even a topic? As long as he's not Morrissey, we can all sleep easy.

I don't even think I'd ever want to be his friend in civilian life, but variety is the spice of life. I'm just grateful I don't live in North Korea.

It's just an inevitable detachment from regular life when you've been a millionaire for 26 years but I'm sure twitter will bring him down to life a bit.

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 701
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by stephen » 11 Dec 2019, 11:10

The Folding wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 11:00
Who he legally votes for is his business, why is this even a topic?
Because he chose to spat his political thinking on twitter which caught a bit of fire, and this is a forum for blur news

alex james is a member of blur

The Folding
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 13:17

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by The Folding » 11 Dec 2019, 11:19

stephen wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 11:10
The Folding wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 11:00
Who he legally votes for is his business, why is this even a topic?
Because he chose to spat his political thinking on twitter which caught a bit of fire, and this is a forum for blur news

alex james is a member of blur
Then you have to consider Ailerons or Fat Les as blur news and some things are best forgotten. With Alex, he doesn't really come across a likeable bloke so I personally don't understand the uproar. We all know he's friends with Clarkson.

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 701
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by stephen » 11 Dec 2019, 11:37

Anything blur related will be talked about on this forum, even Ailerons or Fat Les. You don't have to agree with any of it of course but the traction of the tweet and attention it got is something to talk about for good or bad

The Folding
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 13:17

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by The Folding » 11 Dec 2019, 12:09

stephen wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 11:37
Anything blur related will be talked about on this forum, even Ailerons or Fat Les. You don't have to agree with any of it of course but the traction of the tweet and attention it got is something to talk about for good or bad

Dude remove the bug from up your arse.

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 701
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by stephen » 11 Dec 2019, 13:38

No need for that language, i'm just saying that any bit of blur news will be spoken about on the forum, and rightly so.

The Folding
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 13:17

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by The Folding » 11 Dec 2019, 13:54

stephen wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 13:38
No need for that language, i'm just saying that any bit of blur news will be spoken about on the forum, and rightly so.
Well you're a barrel of laughs. I suggest you act a bit nicer to newer members or just don't reply. There's no seniority for joining date.

jonathas
Posts: 52
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 13:15

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by jonathas » 11 Dec 2019, 14:42

Well that escalated quickly.

Post Reply