new Gorillaz film - Reject False Icons

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Mark72

Re: new Gorillaz film - Reject False Icons

Post by Mark72 » 07 Jan 2020, 15:18

Watched over the weekend. It was a bit meh for me to be honest and a bit cliched. Loved bananaz. Maybe it'll get better for me on second watch.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

Bathstreet

Post by Bathstreet » 08 Mar 2020, 12:40

Yes, just watched and pretty average. Got bored fairly quickly and was just left wondering....why?

No real narrative, some stuff hard to hear and nothing about the tour struck me as particularly interesting.

Some good images and flashes of live stuff but it struck me as a bit directionless.

John_d

Post by John_d » 24 Apr 2020, 13:02

Got round to watching this. Interesting stuff of course but pretty average and would be impenetrable to the casual viewer. Like a few folk have said - why? Was this to give Denholm Hewett a start, or something good on his CV?

It's a bit better around the NOW now sessions because there's a small indication of the creative process.

Who is he guy who looks a bit like Trevor Nelson who is in a lot of it? Genuinely don't recognise him.

vitekm

Post by vitekm » 24 Apr 2020, 20:12

John_d wrote:
24 Apr 2020, 13:02
Got round to watching this. Interesting stuff of course but pretty average and would be impenetrable to the casual viewer. Like a few folk have said - why? Was this to give Denholm Hewett a start, or something good on his CV?

It's a bit better around the NOW now sessions because there's a small indication of the creative process.

Who is he guy who looks a bit like Trevor Nelson who is in a lot of it? Genuinely don't recognise him.
Could it be Karl Vanden Bossche, the percussionist? (Also for Magic Whip Tour or TGTBTQ)