New release: Live at the BBC

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Moritz

Re: New release: Live at the BBC

Post by Moritz » 06 Aug 2019, 15:24

It is always great to add new Blur items to the ever expanding collection, but I do think we could have recieved more for the anniversary, a full recording of a concert at the time in maybe a boxset or something, the band wouldn't have even needed to be involved, I am sure the record company would have had something to put out.
Yes, a full collection of radio session material would be interesting. The Jam did the same a few years ago with a double CD set. It contained all transmissions and interviews in the original quality. But die-hard fans should even got this material in their digital collections. This is the reason why I would not purchase the new release.

Some new visuals would be great. The Blur In Concert film from early 1997 would be great in a remastered veraion with more stuff from this tour. And I guess that Mile End, the Seaside tour and G-Mex were filmed in 1995.

vitekm

Post by vitekm » 15 Aug 2019, 07:14

Lets see what Dave Rowntree says about Parklife nowadays:

https://www.clashmusic.com/features/it- ... into-space
Sledge Hammer wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 09:54
Liese wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 08:38
Sledge Hammer wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 07:57
Damon didn't do any Parklife 25th anniversary gigs because of Brexit, as didn't want to celebrate Britishness with Brexit
One more thing to love this guy for, imho.

Ordered the vinyl and a red parklife tote (as if I needed another tote, I am such a merchandise victim) and am still getting my hopes up there will be something going on around the release, even if not celebrating Parklife/Britishness in general...
I bought Parklife back in 1994 when I was 19, there was no issue with it been too British etc, it celebrated Britain, from Bank Holidays to the dogs to the pub to the cheap 18-30 holiday etc. Only now is it an issue, even if you voted remain does that mean you cant celebrate Britain? self hating leftists are the problem.

TracyJosh

Post by TracyJosh » 16 Aug 2019, 12:50

Interesting.. He confirms that Blur activity is purely schedule dependent and it's not a case of anyone in the band objecting to it.

rich

Post by rich » 16 Aug 2019, 12:58

TracyJosh wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 12:50
Interesting.. He confirms that Blur activity is purely schedule dependent and it's not a case of anyone in the band objecting to it.
great news!

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 16 Aug 2019, 20:15

TracyJosh wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 12:50
Sadly, that's not exactly what he says. Any future Blur activity will of course be schedule dependent, but he doesn't really say (nor can he) how any of the others would feel about further activity, only that he would love to. Still it feels more optimistic than it has in the past.

windymiller

Post by windymiller » 23 Aug 2019, 08:07

Moritz wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 15:24
It is always great to add new Blur items to the ever expanding collection, but I do think we could have recieved more for the anniversary, a full recording of a concert at the time in maybe a boxset or something, the band wouldn't have even needed to be involved, I am sure the record company would have had something to put out.
Yes, a full collection of radio session material would be interesting. The Jam did the same a few years ago with a double CD set. It contained all transmissions and interviews in the original quality. But die-hard fans should even got this material in their digital collections. This is the reason why I would not purchase the new release.

Some new visuals would be great. The Blur In Concert film from early 1997 would be great in a remastered veraion with more stuff from this tour. And I guess that Mile End, the Seaside tour and G-Mex were filmed in 1995.
The only footage of Mile End I've ever come across is a brief snippet from the O-Zone. I've always presumed that was it. Just have to rely on my memories, and bootleg audio.