Likelihood of a Blur tour soon.

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

TracyJosh

Likelihood of a Blur tour soon.

Post by TracyJosh » 28 May 2019, 14:53

I really am beyond caring if TMW is going to be the last Blur record, we are spoiled for choice on their back catalog, but what does everyone think the likelihood of the boys doing some big gigs/a tour some point soon is?

I haven't been able to live it down since passing up the chance to see them in Glasgow in 2015(I had a gig myself that very evening). Now I desperately want to see the guys live before they start to lose it...

rich

Re: Likelihood of a Blur tour soon.

Post by rich » 28 May 2019, 18:32

Well - there's quite a gap in Damon's forthcoming schedule. The last TGTB&TQ gig is on 18 August. After that the next known Damon commitment is the first 'The Nearer the Fountain, More Pure the Stream Flows' event in Paris on 24 May 2020. Say rehearsals knock out April and May 2020, that leaves 10 months of Damon time...

... and that's 10 years in anyone else's time :) :)

What about the others? Alex will be tied up with his Big Feastival until the end of August - but that of course also provides an opportunity for another mini blur reunion a la Africa Express. Here's hoping :) !! Graham appears to be free after the June Jaded Hearts thing (I get the impression there's no more than a day or two's rehearsals for these gigs!). I'm sure he's writing other stuff, but there aren't any other events on his horizon. And Dave ... well he's halfway through his four year stint on Norfolk County Council - mmm - that would leave time for recording, but only really the summers for gigging.

So - possibly - recording new blur material this autumn, new blur album release in April 2020, new blur album 'promotion' April/May (whilst multitasking with Damon's fountain/spring thing - we've seen that before :roll: ) and the next blur tour in summer 2020!

bring it on guys!

Mark87uk

Post by Mark87uk » 28 May 2019, 20:27

Wasnt there rumours of secret practices and recordings towards the end of last year? I think they were dismissed tho

blurop4

Post by blurop4 » 16 Jul 2019, 22:23

I heard last year when GC was touring the US to expect a surprise this Fall and maybe see GC back in the US at some point. Not sure if it will come to fruition though.

rich

Post by rich » 17 Jul 2019, 00:01

Graham played LA a few days ago...