Damon Albarn - The Nearer the Fountain, More Pure the Stream Flows

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

lumaka

Re: Damon Albarn - The Nearer the Fountain, More Pure the Stream Flows

Post by lumaka » 19 Jul 2019, 10:14

Brussels has sold out amazingly quickly, in 24 hours :shock:

Liese

Post by Liese » 22 Jul 2019, 07:17

lumaka wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 10:14
Brussels has sold out amazingly quickly, in 24 hours :shock:
Yes, FFS... I have contacted somebody on facebook for a re-sale of tickets but have not heard back. Suppose the second hand market will be a lot more active closer to the date... :lol:
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

mizzuzjoja

Post by mizzuzjoja » 24 Jul 2019, 15:37

I got tickets to the Paris show the day they went on sale, and I've just learned that one of my friends is getting married that same weekend... :cry:

So if it happens that I'm dejectedly offering them up for resale here next spring, you can be sure that they're coming from a real fan, and a very sad one at that.

Liese

Post by Liese » 25 Jul 2019, 07:37

mizzuzjoja wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 15:37
I got tickets to the Paris show the day they went on sale, and I've just learned that one of my friends is getting married that same weekend... :cry:

So if it happens that I'm dejectedly offering them up for resale here next spring, you can be sure that they're coming from a real fan, and a very sad one at that.
Oh my, too bad, sorry to hear that. But I am sure you will find a happy taker on here, come the time. If not, see you in Paris (got tickets for that the day it went on sale as well, just did not know he is coming to Brussels as well...)!
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 02 Oct 2019, 09:42

New dates for The Nearer the Fountain, More Pure the Stream Flows! - Budapest, London + second dates in Brussels, Paris and Dublin
17 May 2020 - Bozar Brussels - tickets 9.10.2019
20 May 2020 - Müpa Budapest - tickets available now
23 May 2020 - Philharmonie de Paris - tickets available now
26 May 2020 - Barbican Hall, London - tickets: Barbican Members 3.10.2019, general sale 4.10.2019
1 June 2020 - National Concert Hall, Dublin - tickets 4.10.2019

And finally an official announcement:

Iceland is a unique country, filled with an abundance of natural beauty; glaciers, volcanoes, thermal springs, mountains and stunning headlands, stretching across two continents; a land where tectonic plates meet.

This new piece from Albarn, a frequent visitor to Iceland for almost three decades, will see the musician perform his first solo work in over five years, with an ensemble of orchestra instrumentation, electronics, vocals and piano, as well as visuals by Icelandic filmmakers capturing the changing seasons and recordings of natural sounds and instruments.

The title of the piece is taken from a John Clare poem, Love and Memory. Albarn is a singer, songwriter, composer, producer and founder member of Blur, Gorillaz and The Good, The Bad & The Queen.
Last edited by lumaka on 05 Oct 2019, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

Liese

Post by Liese » 02 Oct 2019, 12:09

Lovely news, new dates, and one in Brussels too. Hopefully it will not sell out in minutes, according to the facebook event page for the gig the night after, people are very keen.