BLUR LIVE @ Africa Express: The Circus!

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

lumaka

Re: BLUR LIVE @ Africa Express: The Circus!

Post by lumaka » 30 Mar 2019, 02:07

rich :-(
anothermario wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 01:07
fk'in cool! any videos?
They played Clover Over Dover, Tender and Song 2, there are short bits on social media, we reposted some of them on DAU:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvnCMn7lUWf/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvnRzDIFiqI/

And here's Tender, the whole thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kvNWnuAVBc

More to come I think.

rich

Post by rich » 30 Mar 2019, 02:10

anothermario wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 01:07
fk'in cool! any videos?
snippets here https://twitter.com/WFculture19

Pavlich

Post by Pavlich » 30 Mar 2019, 02:11

Wow, a reunion hey? Not hugely surprised but it's definitely a nice footnote and cool to see.

It's cool to see them all open to ideas like this and happy to have a jam. Clover Over Dover makes it worthwhile; you'd almost rather them do a few small get-togethers and do it right, than them hitting festivals with the same singles.

Damon's quality control and promotion can be a pain in the arse and it's disappointing how much pointless shit he releases, and how many good songs get buried, but the benefit is we see things like this amongst it all. I don't know if we'll get new Blur music, Clover Over Dover is a nice template for future songs... slower, more melancholic, that love of the (English) land... I always wished we'd gotten an album between Fool's Day and Under the Westway because that soothed, soulful, Beatles-y sound works so well and is such a logical progression for the band and it really makes sense with their ages.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 30 Mar 2019, 09:43

Last night was just incredible. I had heard a rumor that blur were reuniniting, but assumed Graham was still in the states so I just shrugged the idea away. From the angle i was at in the front row, I could see all the artists watching from side stage and saw Damon go up and hug Alex and Dave. Then an hour or so later Graham appeared and everyone around me who saw him lost it cos we knew it was happening!

Here’s a video I recorded of their introduction, Damon’s ramblings, and Clover Over Dover :) https://youtu.be/eHioZ6fQC78

One thing I noticed throughout was how jovial they all seemed — a happy band of brothers! And I have never seen a crowd go nuts that hard, that fast. From the moment they stepped on stage to the moment they stepped off their was just a constant roar from the crowd, and Song 2 literally rocked the tent!

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 30 Mar 2019, 10:02

I do hope this progress into something later in the year or 2020. Always gives me a buzz to see the lads back together again.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

Daysleeper

Post by Daysleeper » 30 Mar 2019, 10:17

If I never heard Tender or Song 2 live again it wouldn’t bother me, but great to hear Clover over Dover!

Fantastic! Could something be afoot this year?

Gave me a real buzz that!

vitekm

Post by vitekm » 30 Mar 2019, 10:26

most definitely not in next 6 months, see live schedule od TGTBTQ

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 30 Mar 2019, 11:59

Blur are/is and always will be 100x better than Gorillaz/Queen/Solo or anything else he does, the Coxon magic mixed with Albarn has been wasted for far too many years.

His Brexit ramblings on tour with The Good The Bad...scrap it, Blur please!

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 30 Mar 2019, 13:18

Oh yes, any sighting of them together, especially on stage, gives me hope! Again, they seemed so happy, and you know they all enjoy playing those songs together. I think that was evident during TMW tour too. So to think they’ll do something together again (and hopefully soon) isn’t the most unrealistic thought…

But don’t discount how good Gorillaz and TGTBTQ are live! While i much prefer blur to anything, they’re incredible. Also, don’t think Damon’s “Brexit ramblings” are just for TGTBTQ — he said they chose Clover Over Dover specifically cos of Brexit…

rich

Post by rich » 30 Mar 2019, 13:36

I'm not gonna rise to hamsledger :roll:

anyway, here's the nme https://www.nme.com/news/music/watch-bl ... on-2469150

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 30 Mar 2019, 17:18

aldamasta wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 09:43
Last night was just incredible. I had heard a rumor that blur were reuniniting, but assumed Graham was still in the states so I just shrugged the idea away. From the angle i was at in the front row, I could see all the artists watching from side stage and saw Damon go up and hug Alex and Dave. Then an hour or so later Graham appeared and everyone around me who saw him lost it cos we knew it was happening!

Here’s a video I recorded of their introduction, Damon’s ramblings, and Clover Over Dover :) https://youtu.be/eHioZ6fQC78

One thing I noticed throughout was how jovial they all seemed — a happy band of brothers! And I have never seen a crowd go nuts that hard, that fast. From the moment they stepped on stage to the moment they stepped off their was just a constant roar from the crowd, and Song 2 literally rocked the tent!
Well well well, this was very welcome news when I stumbled upon it on twitter late last night. Fantastic that a few forummers got to witness it too.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks for the COD video, never thought I would get to hear that played live in any form (by Blur at least) very glad a full version of that made it online, FWIW I echo the sentiment expressed higher up this page about not needing to hear the woo hoo song or Tender live again (although of course perfectly understandable why they were chosen)

Simon le bon

Post by Simon le bon » 30 Mar 2019, 18:12

It seems that life is going to be much more exciting in the months to come!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 01 Apr 2019, 00:19

Can't help but think that the Blur story isn't over yet. I doubt anything imminent is in the pipeline but just knowing that they played together at this show makes me very hopeful for the future.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

blurop4

Post by blurop4 » 01 Apr 2019, 03:54

I think there is a 50-50 chance we get some kind of release this year. Last year when Graham was touring the states, I heard some nuggets about something happening this autumn and the way it was shared I interpreted it as either 1) new blur album or 2) new graham album. But it was super vague for obvious reasons.

Graham has become very active again though and now with this reunion teaser, I am feeling the blur album outcome a little more.