Kali Uchis - In My Dreams

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

aldamasta

Kali Uchis - In My Dreams

Post by aldamasta » 06 Apr 2018, 20:10

Kali Uchis debut album came out today (still need to listen all the way through, but really liking it so far!) and it features Damon on the track In My Dreams. The song was made during the Humanz sessions and Damon gave it to Kali for her album. I'm curious about a couple of things from you all here: what do you think of the song, and how do you think it would've fit if it were on Humanz?

I personally really like it. It's super catchy (have had it in my head since midnight!) Kali is great, and I love the production. It sounds more Plastic Beachy in the best of ways. Damon's (tiny) part sounds like eariler Gorillaz to me as well a bit. I could listen to his part on repeat, so of course I wish it were longer, but since this was used for Kali's debut I have no issue with his section being small. As for if it were on Humanz, that would become a much bigger complaint for me. But this is no surprise, as one of Humanz biggest flaws, realized by Damon himself, is the lack of himself. With that being said, I still think this song could have easily replaced a few of the more forgettable songs on Humanz. Which song and in what order I would want it, however, I can't really decide.

Good for Kali receiving great reviews and putting out a stellar debut!

tender

Re: Kali Uchis - In My Dreams

Post by tender » 06 Apr 2018, 22:21

Did Damon really give that song to her? was it actually a Gorillaz song? well that´s a shame and I agree it is more catchy than some track on Humanz but doesn´t really fit with Humanz does it?

Anyone else thought of Postal Service "Such Great Heights" after listening to In My Dreams :?: