Damon's plans for the next months

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

KingLouieLouie76

Re: Damon's plans for the next months

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 21 Mar 2018, 01:23

We've had indication from Paul Simonon that he's been involved w/TGTB&TQ sessions and then we've been known for awhile that the Gorillaz were already recording their follow-up to "Humanz" with them previewing them live.

Between that, how is it possible he'd had time w/Blur? Also, isn't Graham occupied w/his own solo project?

Damon resents getting asked about Blur quite frankly and will somehow deflect that question. I just don't see him writing any Blur specific tunes.. He wrote "UTW" awhile before they recorded it, "Puritan" and "Fool's Day" were last minute efforts and we all know how "TMW" materialized.

I know wee want to hold onto the notion that Blur is still an active band, but it just seems he still doesn't want tarnish Blur's legacy and I also don't believe both Alex and Dave have much time to vest in sessions as well.

bugman

Post by bugman » 21 Mar 2018, 09:00

For 10000% its gbq and gorillaz. Damon said about them a few times.

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 21 Mar 2018, 14:24

Damon was very excited last night about the new TGTB&TQ album that will be ready soon, he's so enthusiastic about his work with Tony Visconti. I already want to listen to this new album!

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 21 Mar 2018, 19:48

It’s always tough getting the true meaning/context of an interview when it was said in English (originally, by Damon), translated to Spanish by the magazine, and then translated back to English by fans. So the blur is history thing is most likely just a mistranslation.

Also, while on the subject of the future of blur and what not, isn’t it good that Damon is doing another Gorillaz and GBQ album in one year? It leaves the next few years open to the possibility of blur…! Wishful thinking, I know. Regardless, I am incredibly excited for the new music from both bands!!

damon008

Post by damon008 » 22 Mar 2018, 04:12

dear damon, pls make5 a dirty punk ep with graham and play it in small pubs for a couple of nights. i greet the idea :D

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Mar 2018, 16:39

I actually proposed this on another thread awhile back, but Damon and Graham should record a Folk album together and take it on tour to smaller venues. They also can perform stripped down versions of Blur songs such as what they did once with "For Tomorrow" and also later on with "This Is A Low".....

stephen

Post by stephen » 22 Mar 2018, 22:15

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:I actually proposed this on another thread awhile back, but Damon and Graham should record a Folk album together and take it on tour to smaller venues. They also can perform stripped down versions of Blur songs such as what they did once with "For Tomorrow" and also later on with "This Is A Low".....
Where can I get tickets :lol:
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 23 Mar 2018, 21:27

damon008 wrote:dear damon, pls make5 a dirty punk ep with graham and play it in small pubs for a couple of nights. i greet the idea :D
Hell yeah man!!! :D