Opinions on Popscene?

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

kevoutus

Re: Opinions on Popscene?

Post by kevoutus » 25 Aug 2017, 22:22

Great stand alone single, unique and marked change in the right direction.The Flanger guitar thing blew me away when i first heard it. Great Bsides too. Read somewhere they were going to release Never Clever too around this time.... But didn't.

metalhipslop

Re: Opinions on Popscene?

Post by metalhipslop » 15 Sep 2017, 02:43

kevoutus wrote:Great stand alone single, unique and marked change in the right direction.The Flanger guitar thing blew me away when i first heard it. Great Bsides too. Read somewhere they were going to release Never Clever too around this time.... But didn't.
interesting.. I fucking love Never Clever and I don't understand why the hell it wasn't released as a proper single. Or even a bside.. it was only on some Food CD.. and eventually the 21 boxset. Definitely one of my favourite blur tunes.. very underrated.
The bsides and unreleased tracks during that period before MLIR were brilliant. Been listening to a lot of Uncle Love recently and it's always been a favourite of mine but every time I go back i love it more.. So underrated. Kind of sounds like a song Nirvana would make if they were british
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.