Other guitarists who could have done the Think Tank tour.

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

TracyJosh

Other guitarists who could have done the Think Tank tour.

Post by TracyJosh » 19 Jun 2017, 12:27

We are all incredibly thankful that Graham returned home in the end and we were given reunion tours and a more than worthy comeback album with the full line up in tact with The Magic Whip, but for a bit of fun - and because it's often a tour that has been criticized - who do you think would have been a more interesting replacement for Graham during that tour? No offence to Simon Tong, he played the Think Tank stuff well but he just didn't have the sporadic creativity to do the back catologue justice.

I can understand why they chose Simon, it was almost a respectful choice, I don't think they wanted to be seen to be filling Graham's shoes with another big presence, but what guitar players out there do you think would have been interesting?

Johnny Marr springs to mind, although since The Smiths he seems to be a bit of a bad omen on outfits he joins...

rob_graves

Re: Other guitarists who could have done the Think Tank tour

Post by rob_graves » 19 Jun 2017, 19:08

There is go good choice but Graham. Simon did as best he could, standing to the side and trying to cover all of the parts.

Forever Low Man

Re: Other guitarists who could have done the Think Tank tour

Post by Forever Low Man » 20 Jun 2017, 02:43

Since we have no control over those events, may as well imagine "what could have been" in the strangest ways, so:

Damon
Jeff
Dave
Graham anyway
Simon Katz
Lou Reed
Chris from Brooklyn
Noodle
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners