Damon's thoughts On Radical Islamic Terrorism?

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
MsMagicAmerica
Posts: 1594
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:33
Location: New Jersey,USA
Contact:

Re: Damon's thoughts On Radical Islamic Terrorism?

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 07 Jun 2017, 01:58

munch wrote:
MsMagicAmerica wrote:
Vorsprung wrote: but I can't imagine he can keep watching these dogs destroying the people, the city and country he loves and has centered his career around.

Insult to dogs everywhere.

Has Damon said anything about his views on ISIS?
or his views on dogs?
Image
Image
Image
I'm sorry I couldn't help but laugh my ass off at munch's post!

Anyways, I was wondering, does anyone think maybe Damon has not really said anything in public about ISIS in fear that his view might be too controversial and make too many headlines? I mean him being against somethings make big headlines. Maybe he has strong views againt ISIS but doesn't want to say anything in public as it would hurt his image as a non war/peaceful person?

User avatar
munch
Posts: 1208
Joined: 24 Sep 2014, 12:14

Re: Damon's thoughts On Radical Islamic Terrorism?

Post by munch » 07 Jun 2017, 16:48

Image
Image
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
Image
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7741
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Damon's thoughts On Radical Islamic Terrorism?

Post by tom_cas1 » 07 Jun 2017, 22:48

munch wrote:Image
English Bull Terrier. Lovely dogs. :)
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

rob_graves
Posts: 100
Joined: 17 Nov 2014, 01:07

Re: Damon's thoughts On Radical Islamic Terrorism?

Post by rob_graves » 10 Jun 2017, 21:35

Slight bit off thread topic but this video does show Damon speaking up for something and touches on his forward thinking opinions about how people need to have conversations and not rely on looking back and romanticism with the nostalgia of the way things "used to be". It's a new world with new problems.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/damon-alb ... me-2086994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

metalhipslop
Posts: 803
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 02:13
Location: The Great White North

Re: Damon's thoughts On Radical Islamic Terrorism?

Post by metalhipslop » 18 Jun 2017, 21:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgj-dGOEw1Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

User avatar
daii
Posts: 540
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 12:33
Location: Argentina

Re: Damon's thoughts On Radical Islamic Terrorism?

Post by daii » 23 Jun 2017, 21:10

MsMagicAmerica wrote: Anyways, I was wondering, does anyone think maybe Damon has not really said anything in public about ISIS in fear that his view might be too controversial and make too many headlines? I mean him being against somethings make big headlines. Maybe he has strong views againt ISIS but doesn't want to say anything in public as it would hurt his image as a non war/peaceful person?
this.
I don't see Damon saying something like this
“They will try to finish with us all only because of some twisted logic supposedly sent by their God. How can you reason with someone like that?I’m worried the solution of people like my good friend Bono is to love them until they give up. I prefer to kill them all before they kill us.” - NOEL GALLAGHER :mrgreen: https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/ ... wont-work/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: Damon's thoughts On Radical Islamic Terrorism?

Post by Forever Low Man » 23 Jun 2017, 21:14

daii wrote:
MsMagicAmerica wrote: Anyways, I was wondering, does anyone think maybe Damon has not really said anything in public about ISIS in fear that his view might be too controversial and make too many headlines? I mean him being against somethings make big headlines. Maybe he has strong views againt ISIS but doesn't want to say anything in public as it would hurt his image as a non war/peaceful person?
this.
I don't see Damon saying something like this
“They will try to finish with us all only because of some twisted logic supposedly sent by their God. How can you reason with someone like that?I’m worried the solution of people like my good friend Bono is to love them until they give up. I prefer to kill them all before they kill us.” - NOEL GALLAGHER :mrgreen: https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/ ... wont-work/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"GOBBY Noel Gallagher thinks Islamic terrorists should be KILLED as punishment"
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Lt Pinkerton
Posts: 1373
Joined: 23 Feb 2015, 10:27

Re: Damon's thoughts On Radical Islamic Terrorism?

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 24 Jun 2017, 11:46

tom_cas1 wrote:
metalhipslop wrote:He seems a lot more concerned with with Brexit at this point, which was a democratic thing... Islamic terrorism, war in general and destruction of culture is far more terrifying, In my opinion.
Excellent point.
Well, not quite. Damon's opinion on terrorism won't change a thing (terrorists are bad? really? No shit fam!) but his (actually pretty solid!) views on Brexit are more likely to influence other people, plus he's probably more entitled to talk about it.

davidsutter
Posts: 915
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 17:06
Location: Clarksville, IN
Contact:

Re: Damon's thoughts On Radical Islamic Terrorism?

Post by davidsutter » 24 Jun 2017, 12:32

Damon's definitely not pro-terrorism. Like Pinkerton said, obviously terrorism being bad is a no-brainer thing.

Thing is 23 percent of the world's population is muslim, a fraction of a percent of that being jihadist.

So he might see his time better spent humanizing the rest by working with Syrian musicians, lending music to the White Helmets film, etc.

metalhipslop
Posts: 803
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 02:13
Location: The Great White North

Re: Damon's thoughts On Radical Islamic Terrorism?

Post by metalhipslop » 25 Jun 2017, 02:32

Lt Pinkerton wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:
metalhipslop wrote:He seems a lot more concerned with with Brexit at this point, which was a democratic thing... Islamic terrorism, war in general and destruction of culture is far more terrifying, In my opinion.
Excellent point.
Well, not quite. Damon's opinion on terrorism won't change a thing (terrorists are bad? really? No shit fam!) but his (actually pretty solid!) views on Brexit are more likely to influence other people, plus he's probably more entitled to talk about it.

You make a good point.
My post was more of an observation, as i'm not from England and not really too informed about Brexit. I really shouldn't be talking about it. To me, at the moment there seems to be a huge terrorism crisis in Europe, and I'm surprised Damon hasn't really talked about it (but at the same time I am not, dougharrison wrote some spot on points).. which is why this thread's OP was so interesting
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

Post Reply