THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE QUEEN THREAD

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE QUEEN THREAD

Postby dparrott » 28 Nov 2017, 07:13

Probably won't get double vinyl singles the next time around. Or actual b-sides. :cry:
dparrott

Postby lumaka » 03 Dec 2017, 12:43

In the new interview for El Pais Uruguay Damon says again that a new TGTBTQ is almost ready and it will be probably released next year. He also says that he'd like to play it live but the world tour is rather unlikely.

http://www.tvshow.com.uy/musica/damon-a ... acion.html
lumaka

Postby aldamasta » 03 Dec 2017, 21:06

I really hope they at least do a tour similar to the one in 07. They covered England well (fitting, as they should do again), they did a good bit of Europe, and they did a short but sweet US tour. I'd love a US tour of the same size. But I'll be studying abroad in London in spring 2019, so hopefully I could catch them then if possible.

I wonder if they'll go for a similar aesthetic as they had in 07. I really liked the black suits n top hats.
aldamasta

Postby Mark87uk » 04 Dec 2017, 21:22

I read somewhere yesterday damon confirmed its now finished and he doesn't know if he'll take it worldwide but he really wants to play it out live
Mark87uk

Postby tom_cas1 » 04 Dec 2017, 21:36

A real shame that the album, if finished, is going to sit unheard for at least a year. It won't be released while Gorillaz are still active and they are touring deep into 2018. So this time next year at the earliest but given Damon's schedule, who knows, maybe a 2019 release date is more likely. So we are potentially looking at a scenario of the album coming out, the band having to re-learn the songs because it's been a year or more since they recorded them, and then a tour of some kind. I don't see Damon putting much effort into the promotional and touring side to be honest.

What a mess. The band deserves better than this.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby bugman » 04 Dec 2017, 21:46

you are so pessimist, Tom ;]
bugman

Postby tender » 06 Dec 2017, 20:03

Damon sounds really enthusiastic about the new album so we can certainly expect a bit of touring , don't think there is massive audience for this project ,so makes sense for a low scale tour.
tender

Postby stephen » 20 Dec 2017, 11:59

Visconti is also involved with another project from highly prolific Blur and Gorillaz singer Damon Albarn. “In the middle of 2017, I started working with Damon Albarn. I’m working on his The Good, the Bad and the Queen album with Paul Simonon [The Clash], Tony Allen [Fela Kuti] and Simon Tong [The Verve],” Visconti says.

“We’re about two thirds of the way through and taking a break, as Damon is off on a Gorillaz tour, but we will resume in April and it will be probably be out before next Christmas,” he revealed. “It’s a great album and I think people will be very impressed with it.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/tony-visconti-reveals-work-on-new-albums-by-perry-farrell-and-damon-albarn-1.3333497
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good
stephen

Postby Pavlich » 20 Dec 2017, 14:25

tom_cas1 wrote:A real shame that the album, if finished, is going to sit unheard for at least a year. It won't be released while Gorillaz are still active and they are touring deep into 2018. So this time next year at the earliest but given Damon's schedule, who knows, maybe a 2019 release date is more likely. So we are potentially looking at a scenario of the album coming out, the band having to re-learn the songs because it's been a year or more since they recorded them, and then a tour of some kind. I don't see Damon putting much effort into the promotional and touring side to be honest.

What a mess. The band deserves better than this.

He does this all the time, he is a total scatterbrain. It's a shame but the trade off is him only releasing a project every four years but concentrating on the quality and the promotion and touring as he's proud of it... oh wait...
Pavlich

Postby lumaka » 10 Mar 2018, 10:02

Some news from Paul Simonon:

– What about the rumors I keep hearing about The Good, The Bad & The Queen [the part-time band Simonon has with Damon Albarn (of Blur and Gorillaz), Simon Tong (of The Verve and Gorillaz), and Tony Allen (Fela Kuti’s drummer, the man Brian Eno called “perhaps the greatest drummer who ever lived”) recorded one incredible record in 2007] recording another album?

– Yes—we’re going in the studio to finish something we started last year. And this time we’ve got [David Bowie’s legendary producer] Tony Visconti on board, and we’ve got the month of May booked out totally. Damon just said to me last year, “Look—if we don’t get a producer, we’re going to end up with another ten years with, like, another fifty songs.” So we’re just going to finish the record and hopefully it’ll be out ’round about September or October.

https://www.vogue.com/article/paul-simo ... new-album/
lumaka

Postby Mark72 » 10 Mar 2018, 10:28

Great news!
Mark72

Postby stephen » 12 Mar 2018, 12:12

Could sound a lot different to the first album with a change of producer.
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good
stephen

PreviousNext

Return to Blur