TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

rich

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by rich » 21 Nov 2018, 21:43

bugman wrote:
dougharrison wrote:My deluxe box (not the crazy expensive one) arrived today.

I have my download code but absolutely no idea where to dl the bonus tracks from, anyone sussed that out yet?
im still waiting to get mine. try search. if you have still a problem to find a bonus tracks maybe write an @ to the company ?
Mine came too today - I've sent a message on the GBQ site...

It's a cool package 8-)

vitekm

Post by vitekm » 21 Nov 2018, 22:17

Veikko wrote:
Neal Zeal wrote:Even Damon's relatively duff solo album hit number 2. That also had slightly worse reviews than Merrie Land. Why didn't these mixed reviews and people streaming music keep that one out of the top 20?
Promotion for Everyday Robots started like 4 months before the release and the job was done by Warner Music. Merrie Land is a bit like Rocket Juice & The Moon - released relatively cheaply through a small record label with little marketing.

Also, maybe people just aren't hungry enough for a new Damon release at the moment (he has released 5 albums since 2014, the last one in June).
I think that "anti-Brexit" sticker didn´t help, too, because people in Britain must be pretty tired of the topic. People in general seek distraction in music....

bugman

Post by bugman » 21 Nov 2018, 22:32

ok ok, any news about bonus tracks ? anyone got it ?

just thought. record store day has this box in 14th december, so that's why we must wait to get bonus tracks ?

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 21 Nov 2018, 22:52

dougharrison wrote:My deluxe box (not the crazy expensive one) arrived today.

I have my download code but absolutely no idea where to dl the bonus tracks from, anyone sussed that out yet?

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 21 Nov 2018, 23:24

Thanks for the help there Lumaka, I'm guessing I won't be the only person getting an error message once you try to put the code in?

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 21 Nov 2018, 23:28

dougharrison wrote:Thanks for the help there Lumaka, I'm guessing I won't be the only person getting an error message once you try to put the code in?
Yep, that's what people are saying in the comments under videos above (I got the url from there).

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 21 Nov 2018, 23:31

Woo! Both of the songs are great, but I think St. George and the Blackbird is the better of the two. I dig the sort of Latin vibe of the ending of The Imperial, though.

Wasn't it supposed to be four bonus tracks, or am I remembering incorrectly? Maybe those come out later? Man, they have just nailed it this go round. Doesn't seem like they could make a bad song!

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 21 Nov 2018, 23:39

aldamasta wrote:Wasn't it supposed to be four bonus tracks, or am I remembering incorrectly? Maybe those come out later?
Tony Allen said two, here's info about four…

Veikko
Site Admin

Post by Veikko » 21 Nov 2018, 23:45

Hmmm, so is the Super Deluxe box set released in December (and with four bonus tracks)? What a mess. :lol:

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 21 Nov 2018, 23:51

Veikko wrote:Hmmm, so is the Super Deluxe box set released in December (and with four bonus tracks)? What a mess. :lol:
Who knows, boxset I linked above isn't super :roll:

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 22 Nov 2018, 01:41

St. George and the Blackbird left me feeling really unsettled :shock:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 22 Nov 2018, 06:24

Excellent bonus tracks. Hopefully someone can share the full quality audio at some point. Hugely appreciated of course!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Neal Zeal

Post by Neal Zeal » 22 Nov 2018, 22:38

Neal Zeal wrote:
Neal Zeal wrote:
lumaka wrote:There's also Mumford & Sons' new album which on British iTunes is even higher than Little Mix (M&S - 1, Little Mix - 3). TGTBTQ debuted at 17th.
Oh yeah, that'll sell tons. Prob 40-50,000.
Just goes to show, chart positions are as much a factor of what else comes out in the same week as the number of sales.
I expect Merrie Land will shift 20,000+ this week which would have been enough for the top spot in quite a few weeks.
Well I was right about Little Mix and Mumford - both around 40,000 sales so far at numbers 2 and 3.
But Merrie Land is nowhere near!
Currently #24. Sales must be way down at around 5,000 or something.
A little bit baffling...
Update - by last night (Wednesday), it had dropped to 27. Guess it may not quite hold on to top 30...

thespider

Post by thespider » 22 Nov 2018, 22:52

So is it just me who (so far) thinks that Merrie Land is dreary bollocks?

Four listens in and it's boring the tits off me. 6/10 at best.