TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
bugman
Posts: 952
Joined: 23 Sep 2014, 20:21

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by bugman » 20 Nov 2018, 13:59

i just got an @ and it said that my box set is on the way ;D

stephen
Posts: 559
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by stephen » 20 Nov 2018, 14:31

rich wrote:well I'm in that minority too - I'm afraid I'm of that age where I still need to have physical manifestations of music that I love!
Good for you, but they aren't going to do a multi million pound campaign just so you and bugman can get their hands on a C.D.

Which you were going to buy anyway :roll:
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

User avatar
AstronomyD81
Posts: 234
Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 13:09

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by AstronomyD81 » 20 Nov 2018, 15:38

Damon has said in a recent interview that He would like to play on their next shows Parlike and then merrie land..I don't know if finally He would do that, but if is true, damn, I envy you, whoever is lucky to go
Image

stephen
Posts: 559
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by stephen » 20 Nov 2018, 16:16

AstronomyD81 wrote:Damon has said in a recent interview that He would like to play on their next shows Parlike and then merrie land..I don't know if finally He would do that, but if is true, damn, I envy you, whoever is lucky to go
That reminds me they did a good cover of On Melancholy Hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-6ddFLSc7A
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

User avatar
AstronomyD81
Posts: 234
Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 13:09

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by AstronomyD81 » 20 Nov 2018, 18:08

stephen wrote:
AstronomyD81 wrote:Damon has said in a recent interview that He would like to play on their next shows Parlike and then merrie land..I don't know if finally He would do that, but if is true, damn, I envy you, whoever is lucky to go
That reminds me they did a good cover of On Melancholy Hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-6ddFLSc7A
He said on the interview, that both albums, Parklife and Merrie Land, have an strong connection...maybe he will do, He did that also with Gorillaz..I remember months ago I read and interview where He said He would like to play Blur songs on Gorillaz, and He did with song 2..
Image

User avatar
Mark72
Posts: 1123
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 09:52
Location: Oxford. U.K.
Contact:

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by Mark72 » 20 Nov 2018, 18:33

rich wrote:well I'm in that minority too - I'm afraid I'm of that age where I still need to have physical manifestations of music that I love!
Me too. Bought the CD and the green vinyl.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7710
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 20 Nov 2018, 19:27

Mark72 wrote:
rich wrote:well I'm in that minority too - I'm afraid I'm of that age where I still need to have physical manifestations of music that I love!
Me too. Bought the CD and the green vinyl.
I also bought the CD and do so every time Damon releases something. It's called being a good fan. Glad to see there are plenty of us on here who do so! :)
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
JackS
Posts: 442
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 08:46
Location: London

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by JackS » 20 Nov 2018, 19:50

I bought the green vinyl and indeed just bought it a second time so that I can get into the signing at Rough Trade on Thursday (check the GBQ FB page for the link)

nds34
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Nov 2018, 23:15

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by nds34 » 20 Nov 2018, 20:43

Can you just get it at east rough trade on the day

User avatar
rich
Posts: 901
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 16:58
Location: London

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by rich » 20 Nov 2018, 20:46

nds34 wrote:Can you just get it at east rough trade on the day
You could but the signing is at RT West!!

nds34
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Nov 2018, 23:15

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by nds34 » 20 Nov 2018, 21:38

I meant rt west

nds34
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Nov 2018, 23:15

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by nds34 » 20 Nov 2018, 22:01

Can I get the album on the day or is that too late?

User avatar
rich
Posts: 901
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 16:58
Location: London

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by rich » 20 Nov 2018, 22:19

Sure - but you need to order it (+ event entry) NOW...

You can collect your cd/record plus wristband at any time up until the signing at 6pm on Thursday...

nds34
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Nov 2018, 23:15

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by nds34 » 20 Nov 2018, 22:28

I can't do it online because I don't have a bank card but can I just pop in too the shop on the day to get it or tomorrow? Or shall I ring them up?

User avatar
lumaka
Posts: 419
Joined: 03 Oct 2016, 11:38
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Album Thread

Post by lumaka » 20 Nov 2018, 22:39

stephen wrote:No one buys physical releases anymore.
There are still people who buy CDs. A few days ago during some radio interview Damon was wondering if releasing Merrie Land on CD makes any sense, so we asked this question on DAU Twitter ----> https://twitter.com/DamonUnofficial/sta ... 5983659008

I'm buying CDs although I hardly listen to them, I buy them for covers/booklets mostly. I bought only digital version of Merrie Land so far but I'll surely buy it on CD too.

Post Reply