Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

semi
Posts: 62
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 14:58

Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by semi » 29 Mar 2017, 15:03

This thread is for the people who is disappointed with this new album. Let's assume Damon has lost his talent to create hits. Your thoughts?

Mine are I'm really really really disappointed with the new songs so far, live or album tracks. I don't like the new songs, and I don't want to play them everyday. That didn't happen to me with previous albums... I don't think Damon is capable of create hits now.

Sorry I just had to say it, again.

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Mar 2017, 15:21

1) We haven't had heard the album yet.
2) Just by the four songs and the live versions, in my opinion Humanz is a return to form after a disappointing Plastic Beach and...well, the less said about The Fall the better.
3) I also thought Damon had lost it, especially when he released Everyday Robots. But The Magic Whip, and working with Blur again, has given him a new drive and the new album is the result of his new found inspiration.

Do I think it's going to be better than his best album Demon Days? No. But I do think it's going to be a great album.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

lacey
Posts: 10
Joined: 04 Mar 2017, 13:22
Location: Notting Hill

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by lacey » 29 Mar 2017, 15:31

I may be considered biased, but those of us who work for the band and management do so with enthusiasm and love for the creative process. I urge you to consider the album on its release.

Anna

Danilo
Posts: 57
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 23:19
Location: Brazil

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by Danilo » 29 Mar 2017, 18:00

I don´t like Gorillaz so I can not be disappointed . (Except from "Hong Kong", dude, I wish it was a Blur song) .

User avatar
Caitlin
Moderator
Posts: 479
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 21:54

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by Caitlin » 29 Mar 2017, 20:13

How can you be disappointed by an album which hasn't been released yet?!

'Lets assume Damon has lost his talent'?! Honestly? I've read a lot of sweeping statements on both this and the old forum over the years, but saying that because you don't like the sound of a handful of songs is just plain disrespectful.
It's disrespectful to Damon, to all the other artists involved in this album, and to everyone else who has contrubuted to the creative process. It's disrespectful to the time and effort which has gone into it. It's just a shitty comment to make, and I hope that it was just a lazy turn of phrase on your end, and not something you genuinely meant.
Image

User avatar
anothermario
Posts: 116
Joined: 21 Sep 2014, 08:33
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by anothermario » 29 Mar 2017, 23:13

what a troll
I can't wear that, stupid rain hat

User avatar
sara-m-a
Posts: 549
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 12:54
Location: Chile

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by sara-m-a » 29 Mar 2017, 23:47

semi wrote:This thread is for the people who is disappointed with this new album. Let's assume Damon has lost his talent to create hits. Your thoughts?

Mine are I'm really really really disappointed with the new songs so far, live or album tracks. I don't like the new songs, and I don't want to play them everyday. That didn't happen to me with previous albums... I don't think Damon is capable of create hits now.

Sorry I just had to say it, again.
It's that you, Liam??


No seriously, it's not even out... how could you possibly have a complete opinion on it yet? I agree with Caitlin's every word
Image

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Mar 2017, 23:48

anothermario wrote:what a troll
No need for name calling here. I do think it was just a poor choice of words by semi and nothing more.

Either way, no need to call people trolls just because semi doesn't like the album so far. People are allowed to dislike something without being a troll. Yes, the thread is premature because we haven't heard the album yet, but let's give semi the benefit of the doubt here.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
Pavlich
Posts: 236
Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 00:15

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by Pavlich » 30 Mar 2017, 00:23

My biggest gripe is how people just call someone a troll because they have a different opinion.

Also, chastising someone for their unpopular or strongly worded opinion just makes them angrier and more resentful and, which is fair, less noble in their future engagements. If you're made to feel like an outsider you'll embrace it and go over the top with it. Let other people think what they want and the discussion will be way more interesting.

It's a bit stupid to fly off the handle and have a go at an album that isn't it, but four songs and a lot of live tracks have come out. Damon puts out a record every 18 months of some sort and I think it is fair to wonder whether a musician has peaked or not, you know, when they're nearly 50. Inevitably all musicians hit a point where the returns worsen or just plateau. I think it's fair to patronise that discussion.

User avatar
Sledge Hammer
Posts: 789
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 07:30

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by Sledge Hammer » 30 Mar 2017, 05:54

Four songs off an album is always a strong feel of any forthcoming LP, and I don't think they will have picked the 4 worst tracks will they?

To me all four tracks are awful, the two full rap ones are unlistenable garbage, and before you start with your..."such a troll you hate rap" etc, I like many Gorillaz songs with rap, Feel Good Inc for example works perfect with the rapping.

Andromeda is a sub par Dare looking for a tune, heck even a chorus, and We've Got The Power!?!?!? after all the amazing things Blur and Oasis did over the last quarter of a century...that's the best they can come up with. Makes me very sad, and the shameful non stop bias just because it's Damon is to be expected on here, he could release a 3 minute track of silence and many on here would say it's genius.

And before you start with TROLL TROLL names etc, im one of the biggest Blur fans there is, seen them 10 times + etc and bought everything inlcluding all the Gorillaz stuff.
Image

semi
Posts: 62
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 14:58

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by semi » 30 Mar 2017, 06:51

WOW, a troll, I wouldn't expect you to call me that.

It's not just 4 songs. I have listened to busted and blue (demo or studio version, whatever it was), Hallelujah Money, live versions of charger, momentz, she's my collar. That makes 9 songs and you say I'm a troll????

You know what? Plastic Beach shit on all these 9 songs, even not having a hit on it.

Demon Days was a good album, Gorillaz was a good album, The Magic Whip was a good album (not having good singles on it).

Everyday Robots was his worst album to date (now we have Humanz).

Gorillaz was a cartoon band with a guitar player, a bass player, a drummer and a singer who plays keyboards and three or four songs with rappers. Now, it's all about electronics (that sometimes I like) made in an Ipad with rappers all along. That's what I don't like!

You call me a troll by having an opinion?? I think you who call me troll are the real one. Period.

dougharrison
Posts: 351
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 03:01

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by dougharrison » 30 Mar 2017, 07:33

I think given that the "main album" appears to be 14 tracks long (based on vinyl deluxe having alternative versions of every track) and that Hallelujah Money seems to be included in that, 5 out of 14 tracks in final format have been released already. Maybe a little premature to judge the album as a whole, but it's over a third of the album it seems unlikely that somebody could have strong dislike or even a lack of emotion and yet still like the album as a whole. Not impossible, but I'd venture unlikely, I'd struggle to think of many albums I like where I dislike 3 or more songs

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Mar 2017, 09:49

This topic is heading down the tubes fast, but is still a legit thread. Let's all get back to topic and focus on the disappointments, if any.

The only track I've heard so far that I'm disappointed with is Ascension. Really don't see the appeal and based on some of the other songs we've heard live from Printworks, I don't know why it was released as a single. The song does nothing for me whatsoever.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by Forever Low Man » 30 Mar 2017, 11:33

how on earth is there already a thread to complain about an album that isn't out yet? unless you have the album already, now's not the time to judge.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: Gorillaz Humanz Disappointed Fans Thread

Post by Forever Low Man » 30 Mar 2017, 11:37

tom_cas1 wrote:This topic is heading down the tubes fast, but is still a legit thread. Let's all get back to topic and focus on the disappointments, if any.

The only track I've heard so far that I'm disappointed with is Ascension. Really don't see the appeal and based on some of the other songs we've heard live from Printworks, I don't know why it was released as a single. The song does nothing for me whatsoever.
It's because of that catchy and memorable chorus. That's why. You don't just forget a line like THE SKY'S FALLIN' BABY DROP THAT ASS 'FORE IT CRASH (HIGHER).
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Post Reply