FOUR NEW GORILLAZ SONGS: Listen Now!

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Lt Pinkerton

Re: FOUR NEW GORILLAZ SONGS: Listen Now!

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 26 Mar 2017, 17:59

So we can all agree on Andromeda being Damon's best song this decade, right?

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 26 Mar 2017, 18:40

Lt Pinkerton wrote:So we can all agree on Andromeda being Damon's best song this decade, right?
probably
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

jonathas

Post by jonathas » 26 Mar 2017, 18:45

Lt Pinkerton wrote:So we can all agree on Andromeda being Damon's best song this decade, right?
Stylo sneaks it courtesy of being right at the start of the decade, but it's definitely up there.

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 26 Mar 2017, 18:48

..nah i can't agree with that

it's really good but

the magic whip is still a thing so

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 26 Mar 2017, 19:36

davidsutter wrote:..nah i can't agree with that

it's really good but

the magic whip is still a thing so
TMW is great and really solid but it's missing a true hit imo. The closest thing would be Ghost Ship and I'd say Andromeda is even better.

rich

Post by rich » 26 Mar 2017, 20:09

I'll be posting my printworks vid of this tomorrow night ;)

rich 8-)
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 26 Mar 2017, 20:11

Yes.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 26 Mar 2017, 22:12

Pyongyang would be it for me.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 26 Mar 2017, 22:54

tom_cas1 wrote:
Yes.
Safe thing to say... amazing tune. He's outdone himself yet again!

And I'm in the same boat as you, Tom. Saturnz Barz has grown immensely on me! Ascension still has quite a bit of growing to do, however.

daii

Post by daii » 26 Mar 2017, 23:33

Saturnz Barz already hit 10 millions views :shock:

britpopunionblur

Post by britpopunionblur » 27 Mar 2017, 02:26

aldamasta wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:
Yes.
Safe thing to say... amazing tune. He's outdone himself yet again!

And I'm in the same boat as you, Tom. Saturnz Barz has grown immensely on me! Ascension still has quite a bit of growing to do, however.
Andromeda is the best from the 4. I love them all now. I'm actually pretty sure this will be Gorillaz best album (Plastic Beach is hard to beat in my eyes). I started off liking Blur around 2004, and found Gorillaz later on (opposite I'd think for most Canadian fans my age). First Gorillaz album is good mix bag, Demon Days (Cool concept just not that into the songs). Plastic Beach is where I find Damon to start coming out more in the music. He seemed like he was really doing what he wanted and it wasn't a gimmick (besides the whole Beach concept) the songs had what I consider normal pop structures. Plus Damon stepped out of the shadows and preformed live in front of the audience. This is what got me to go see Gorillaz in Boston on that tour. Because A) The album was amazing and B) Could see Damon preform. That album has great memories. This album is going for more of a Party feel and I like it for that. Seems to be Dark in Demon Days Sense but Synth Pop in Plastic Beach. With Heaver beats made for the dance floor. Ascension for all its modern day rap style has some great lines

"I'm just playing, baby, this the land of the free
Where you can get a Glock and a gram for the cheap
Where you can live your dreams long as you don't look like me
Be a puppet on a string, hanging from a fucking tree"

Plus Damon said the band was in transition maybe thats why it's called HUMANZ. Maybe the cartoon concept is going to be dying even more and will change into something else (doubt it) but never know

My top three Damon albums would go in this order. If I ever meet him these would be the records I want him to sign.

1) Parklife
2) 13
3) Plastic Beach

However i'm pretty sure HUMANZ might be replacing that last one. Not bad for a 49 year old genius

END OF POINTLESS RANT
file:///C:/Users/Bluroasis/Desktop/Hipsters%20Hate%20Us%20107.3%20-%20Vail%20Vail%20Binks%208.jpg

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END. IF IT'S NOT ALRIGHT IT'S NOT THE END.

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 27 Mar 2017, 02:34

I agree totally. Plastic beach is my favorite Gorillaz record , but the others are practically just as good. Reason I rate Plastic Beach is the concept of it, lyrics, and how good it flows. How the orchestral intro and welcome to the world of the plastic beach go together is probably Damon's greatest achievement. Also, Plastic Beach allowed me to be in the same building as Damon (saw gorillaz live in toronto) for the first and only time.

Parkside, 13 are also my favorite Blur albums.
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

britpopunionblur

Post by britpopunionblur » 27 Mar 2017, 02:45

metalhipslop wrote:I agree totally. Plastic beach is my favorite Gorillaz record , but the others are practically just as good. Reason I rate Plastic Beach is the concept of it, lyrics, and how good it flows. How the orchestral intro and welcome to the world of the plastic beach go together is probably Damon's greatest achievement. Also, Plastic Beach allowed me to be in the same building as Damon (saw gorillaz live in toronto) for the first and only time.

Parkside, 13 are also my favorite Blur albums.
I Love the concept of Plastic Beach. Glad we agree man. What's your third favorite Blur album? anyways seems the Needle Drop isn't feeling these Gorillaz songs. Didn't like Damons solo album (which im with), Thought Magic Whip was just ok (Disagree) and these 4 songs he's not feeling. This guy reviews are usually decent but he's pretty harsh on Damon projects. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zo0gL2pW8s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
file:///C:/Users/Bluroasis/Desktop/Hipsters%20Hate%20Us%20107.3%20-%20Vail%20Vail%20Binks%208.jpg

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END. IF IT'S NOT ALRIGHT IT'S NOT THE END.

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 27 Mar 2017, 03:18

It's very hard to choose a third.. Probably modern life rubbish

I won't start on needledrop and why I Completely disagree with him cuz I'll be here typing all night and it won't achieve anything.
People are allowed to have their opinions, but needledrop is pretty popular and there is a group of people who follow his words like the gospel. So, that to me is a problem, and why I think reviews are stupid anyway. They don't mean anything, other than to give a preconceived idea of something before going in. For example, the people who watch his review of gorillaz new songs who haven't heard them, will go and listen for themselves with the idea of "This collaboration doesn't work, it doesn't sound like gorillaz, it's cheesy". And it will cloud their judgement.

Just my opinion.
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

Pavlich

Post by Pavlich » 27 Mar 2017, 03:39

His best song this decade is Heavy Seas Of Love. One of the songs I will always remember of his.