A thread for those disappointed by The Magic Whip

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

dougharrison

Re: A thread for those disappointed by The Magic Whip

Post by dougharrison » 23 Oct 2016, 04:09

My only grumble with Go Out would be the lyrics, as a statement of intent (the first release from the album) I felt it was a bit lazy lyrically. Sometimes that can very much fit a song, I didn't think it did in this instance - otherwise though loved it.

The only TMW track I can't really embrace is ICM - those bleeps make the song pretty difficult going for me. Otherwise everything else (including Go Out) is at least 8.5/10 for me

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 23 Oct 2016, 12:00

maria wrote:
TripleJay97 wrote:
Pavlich wrote:I'm surprised at how people feel about Go Out; it's honestly one of their best songs. It's inventive, interesting, and still catchy and melodic. I genuinely love it.
This!
I agree. It was love at first listen and it still is one of my favourites!
I agree. I like it the first time I heard the album but now I love it, one of my favourites too

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 Oct 2016, 12:03

Go Out is great and really got me excited for the album.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

xdrake24

Post by xdrake24 » 23 Oct 2016, 14:23

Looking back on the Magic Whip, for me it's a decent album but not one of my favorites (or,not to the caliber of 13, S/T and MLIR). However, it is the first blur album that came out as a major fan and it got me to see them live at Madison Square, so for that I am grateful. for some reason I always skip over the first three songs, I have to be in the mood for them. the rest is good to me, although I do wish ICM and I Broadcast were a bit different, they we're killer live