Lonesome Street appreciation

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
Mrbriggs
Posts: 495
Joined: 14 Mar 2015, 06:35

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by Mrbriggs » 05 Nov 2015, 23:47

Lonesome Street might be my favourite song on TMW.

metalhipslop
Posts: 803
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 02:13
Location: The Great White North

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by metalhipslop » 05 Nov 2015, 23:48

It's even better live!
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

dparrott
Posts: 550
Joined: 30 Sep 2014, 03:42
Location: California

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by dparrott » 06 Nov 2015, 01:04

I like the first NYC performance better than mode, it's a better mix.

Vorsprung
Posts: 25
Joined: 02 May 2015, 11:26

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by Vorsprung » 07 Nov 2015, 10:46

This is an interesting topic. In a little less than a year, Lonesome Street has easily become (for me) one of the catchiest Blur song's ever - right up there with Parklife, et. al. In fact, I don't think a day goes by when I don't catch myself singing softly "cracks inside the tarmac ride...." or "what do you got? It's mass produced in somewhere hot"

blurop4
Posts: 58
Joined: 28 Apr 2015, 02:24

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by blurop4 » 08 Nov 2015, 04:32

In a way Lonesome Street is about as quintessential Blur as a song can get…I like the For Tomorrow comparison, but this one pulls in the psychedelic influences too during the middle.

kevoutus
Posts: 9
Joined: 25 Mar 2015, 21:47

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by kevoutus » 08 Nov 2015, 15:36

Reminds me of Syd Barrett. Which is always a good thing!

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by 101reykjavik » 08 Nov 2015, 15:50

kevoutus wrote:Reminds me of Syd Barrett. Which is always a good thing!
Exactly. Can't go wrong with a bit of Syd thrown in.
Image

northernmonkey
Posts: 275
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 08:59

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by northernmonkey » 08 Nov 2015, 23:25

Vorsprung wrote:This is an interesting topic. In a little less than a year, Lonesome Street has easily become (for me) one of the catchiest Blur song's ever - right up there with Parklife, et. al. In fact, I don't think a day goes by when I don't catch myself singing softly "cracks inside the tarmac ride...." or "what do you got? It's mass produced in somewhere hot"
For me it's "its the place to come to, or well it was" I find myself popping out that line daily, my daughter who is 7 sings out random lines from this song even more than I do, although she is more of an Ice Cream Man or New World Towers fan :)

thespider
Posts: 231
Joined: 09 Sep 2014, 14:41

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by thespider » 09 Nov 2015, 13:36

Should have been a top 10 hit. But sadly, rock bands aren't allowed in the singles chart anymore.
Image

User avatar
Mallard No. 22
Posts: 2451
Joined: 01 Oct 2014, 07:46
Location: North East UK

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 10 Nov 2015, 09:33

101reykjavik wrote:
kevoutus wrote:Reminds me of Syd Barrett. Which is always a good thing!
Exactly. Can't go wrong with a bit of Syd thrown in.
Damon has always had a bit of the Syd-influence :)
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

User avatar
anothermario
Posts: 105
Joined: 21 Sep 2014, 08:33
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by anothermario » 13 Nov 2015, 21:23

Lonesome Street makes me so so so so happy.
Will never watch the music video again tho...
I can't wear that, stupid rain hat

maffed
Posts: 93
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 17:15

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by maffed » 05 Jan 2016, 09:53

Can anyone find the radio show in which the Lonesome Street demo was broadcasted? I know it was on youtube but I can't find it anymore!!
Sugar Plum Fairy, Sugar Plum Fairy

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7710
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by tom_cas1 » 05 Jan 2016, 15:04

maffed wrote:Can anyone find the radio show in which the Lonesome Street demo was broadcasted? I know it was on youtube but I can't find it anymore!!
XFM. It's in the download section.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

maffed
Posts: 93
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 17:15

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by maffed » 05 Jan 2016, 20:26

tom_cas1 wrote:
maffed wrote:Can anyone find the radio show in which the Lonesome Street demo was broadcasted? I know it was on youtube but I can't find it anymore!!
XFM. It's in the download section.
Thanks a lot, Tom!!!!! :D :D
Sugar Plum Fairy, Sugar Plum Fairy

murfman04
Posts: 52
Joined: 28 Apr 2015, 13:47

Re: Lonesome Street appreciation

Post by murfman04 » 10 Jan 2016, 12:30

tom_cas1 wrote:
maffed wrote:Can anyone find the radio show in which the Lonesome Street demo was broadcasted? I know it was on youtube but I can't find it anymore!!
XFM. It's in the download section.
shit didn't know about this, can't seem to find it, Do you know what date it was broadcast on xfm??

Post Reply