unpopular blur opinions

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Daysleeper
Posts: 213
Joined: 19 Sep 2014, 15:45

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by Daysleeper » 17 Feb 2018, 08:07

metalhipslop wrote:I skip Tender and start with Bugman when I listen to 13. Tender seems too out of place in my opinion, but it's a great single.
I do the same mate, I find Tender a bit boring.

stephen
Posts: 566
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by stephen » 17 Feb 2018, 14:28

Daysleeper wrote:
metalhipslop wrote:I skip Tender and start with Bugman when I listen to 13. Tender seems too out of place in my opinion, but it's a great single.
I do the same mate, I find Tender a bit boring.
Yeah I often do the same. Tender as great as it is, is not normally why I choose to play 13.
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1442
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by aldamasta » 17 Feb 2018, 20:30

While I enjoy the album version of Tender, the version I listen to the most is the one from the video. It's gorgeous, much shorter, and you get the wonderful call and response at the end with the "help meee". I know the studio version has that as well, but it's so subdued and lacks Damon's vocals.

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by Forever Low Man » 17 Feb 2018, 21:21

metalhipslop wrote:
Forever Low Man wrote:
metalhipslop wrote:I skip Tender and start with Bugman when I listen to 13. Tender seems too out of place in my opinion, but it's a great single.
you deserve to be banned for that
For skipping a gospel singalong that is almost 8 minutes long? and is the first song of the record?
precisely




it took me a long time for Tender to click (got into Blur in 2011, Tender clicked in 2015) but man oh man
it belongs at the beginning of the album
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

damon008
Posts: 69
Joined: 08 Oct 2017, 14:09

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by damon008 » 17 Feb 2018, 23:23

ok sure tender is great song we can all say agree. but it bores me to tears, plus,,, i hope its never put to live arena ever again ...amen lol

although if anything shud be retired, my money is on girls and boys

as for 13, golly tender shud definitely start the album. only mistake about 13 was damon in tne gigs. he look like man who had his cake with blur and wanted detox
______________
i got 99 problems on rotation but no girl is always numver 1 lol

metalhipslop
Posts: 803
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 02:13
Location: The Great White North

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by metalhipslop » 18 Feb 2018, 10:42

Forever Low Man wrote:
it took me a long time for Tender to click (got into Blur in 2011, Tender clicked in 2015) but man oh man
it belongs at the beginning of the album
funny because tender was one of the songs that got me into blur. 13 was the album that got me into blur so, that was the first song of the album i heard. like I say, It's a great song... but these days it's a bit of a bore as the first song to the album. it's so overplayed, especially here in Canada (when radio plays blur it's either Tender or Song 2). and it doesn't even represent the blur I love (SORRY!>!?!?)

it's why I consider s/t a better album because I never get tired of Beetlebum, especially as an intro. I can put in the cd and not feel like I need to skip. at all
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3223
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 18 Feb 2018, 21:01

I loved "Tender" until I had a rather awkward personal experience involving the song. Would elaborate if anyone cares! haha......
Image

User avatar
anothermario
Posts: 105
Joined: 21 Sep 2014, 08:33
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by anothermario » 23 Feb 2018, 11:57

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:I loved "Tender" until I had a rather awkward personal experience involving the song. Would elaborate if anyone cares! haha......
please do
I can't wear that, stupid rain hat

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3223
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 23 Feb 2018, 15:53

anothermario wrote:
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:I loved "Tender" until I had a rather awkward personal experience involving the song. Would elaborate if anyone cares! haha......
please do
Someone finally dared to ask me! haha...

Well here it goes and preface this, I hope not to offend anyone whatsoever.

I attended the 2015 Hyde Park BST concert and at first I met two beautiful ladies (one from London and the other from Argentina) when I first arrived that I spent most of the day with, however, I promptly got separated from them and was pushed several rows back when Blur got on.

Anyways, I was essentially further back and alone at the moment and was singing along to "Tender" when suddenly out of nowhere some middle-aged guy try to kiss me on my lips. I promptly pulled back and asked him what he was doing. He immediately assumed I was gay because I was singing along. He finally left me alone and that was that. It was definitely an awkward experience indeed. I have nothing against homosexuals except if they invade my space in that manner, but I reacted in a composed and understanding/accepting manner though.
Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5579
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by AdvertBreak » 25 Feb 2018, 02:02

As much as I love it, Pressure on Julian isn't as good as the music Julian was actually making at the same time

Maybe not that unpopular an opinion. I don't know anyone with a bad word to say about Jehovahkill. Just probably unpopular here.

User avatar
anothermario
Posts: 105
Joined: 21 Sep 2014, 08:33
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by anothermario » 27 Feb 2018, 02:35

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:
anothermario wrote:
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:I loved "Tender" until I had a rather awkward personal experience involving the song. Would elaborate if anyone cares! haha......
please do
Someone finally dared to ask me! haha...

Well here it goes and preface this, I hope not to offend anyone whatsoever.

I attended the 2015 Hyde Park BST concert and at first I met two beautiful ladies (one from London and the other from Argentina) when I first arrived that I spent most of the day with, however, I promptly got separated from them and was pushed several rows back when Blur got on.

Anyways, I was essentially further back and alone at the moment and was singing along to "Tender" when suddenly out of nowhere some middle-aged guy try to kiss me on my lips. I promptly pulled back and asked him what he was doing. He immediately assumed I was gay because I was singing along. He finally left me alone and that was that. It was definitely an awkward experience indeed. I have nothing against homosexuals except if they invade my space in that manner, but I reacted in a composed and understanding/accepting manner though.
OK that was pretty funny! :D

damn but i wish i had someone to kiss at the hyde park reunion concert, couldnt contain me happiness. a gay kiss is better than no kiss, eh
I can't wear that, stupid rain hat

TracyJosh
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 May 2016, 12:20

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by TracyJosh » 28 Feb 2018, 00:47

Ong Ong is the worst song to make it on a Blur album. I also think Damon secretly thought it would be a hit. Its like Good Song with severe radiation poisoning.

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1442
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by aldamasta » 28 Feb 2018, 05:24

anothermario wrote: OK that was pretty funny! :D

damn but i wish i had someone to kiss at the hyde park reunion concert, couldnt contain me happiness. a gay kiss is better than no kiss, eh
A kiss is a kiss is a kiss! ;) :D

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3223
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 02 Mar 2018, 05:28

anothermario wrote:

OK that was pretty funny! :D

damn but i wish i had someone to kiss at the hyde park reunion concert, couldnt contain me happiness. a gay kiss is better than no kiss, eh
I wish I kissed the two girls I spent most of the gig with, but fortunately I came across them both on FaceBook a couple of months later and have since kept in touch! :D :D
Image

Post Reply