unpopular blur opinions

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7734
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by tom_cas1 » 26 Nov 2015, 20:42

Well I can because I was at the MODE show along with a few others on this forum and Ice Cream Man was one of the stand out tracks. It was in my head for weeks after that show. There are some shows it may not have been suitable for, Hyde Park perhaps, but for the other UK dates it would have gone down very well I think. I mean if they played Terracotta Heart then they could have played Ice Cream Man.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Kibarry
Posts: 31
Joined: 20 Sep 2015, 19:44

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by Kibarry » 26 Nov 2015, 20:56

tom_cas1 wrote:Well I can because I was at the MODE show along with a few others on this forum

Ice Cream Man was one of the stand out tracks
1. Again, they want to appeal to everyone not just the die hard fans

2. This is unpopular blur opinions, you can't "prove" to me an opinion

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7734
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by tom_cas1 » 26 Nov 2015, 21:00

Sorry but I don't get the whole "album track songs won't appeal to fans" idea. By that logic, they wouldn't play anything other than singles.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Kibarry
Posts: 31
Joined: 20 Sep 2015, 19:44

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by Kibarry » 26 Nov 2015, 22:03

Welcome to the unpopular opinions thread

User avatar
Consigliere_11
Posts: 1713
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:34
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by Consigliere_11 » 26 Nov 2015, 22:06

blur should play only b-sides at their shows
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

User avatar
meznez
Posts: 34
Joined: 29 Jul 2015, 14:06
Location: Western Australia

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by meznez » 30 Nov 2015, 15:50

I skip song two every time it comes up on my iTunes. Song two is one of my least favourite blur songs, many of the b sides were better.

THERE I SAID IT!
Image

murfman04
Posts: 52
Joined: 28 Apr 2015, 13:47

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by murfman04 » 30 Nov 2015, 16:23

meznez wrote:I skip song two every time it comes up on my iTunes. Song two is one of my least favourite blur songs, many of the b sides were better.

THERE I SAID IT!
Same, not so unpopular, although watchin it live In person I'd go crazy for it!

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by 101reykjavik » 30 Nov 2015, 17:44

1992 is better than Tender, and might be the best thing on 13. The dark heart at the centre of the album.
Image

Pasta
Posts: 693
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by Pasta » 30 Nov 2015, 18:10

meznez wrote:I skip song two every time it comes up on my iTunes. Song two is one of my least favourite blur songs, many of the b sides were better.

THERE I SAID IT!
same

Pasta
Posts: 693
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by Pasta » 30 Nov 2015, 18:11

101reykjavik wrote:1992 is better than Tender, and might be the best thing on 13. The dark heart at the centre of the album.
thumbs up from me, 1992 is one of the best ever

murfman04
Posts: 52
Joined: 28 Apr 2015, 13:47

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by murfman04 » 01 Dec 2015, 02:55

This is the best thread ever! I've been a fan since 94 but it only took until Glasto 09 for my friends to take notice.
It's good to vent after this many years. I don't agree with many but vice versa so all is good, but anyway.

I think Globe Alone should be brought back in every live set!

davidsutter
Posts: 915
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 17:06
Location: Clarksville, IN
Contact:

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by davidsutter » 07 Apr 2016, 14:31

I still think Everyday Robots could have been a good Blur album. Think of the problems it had.

The bland, soulless production. If the guys were in on it there's no way that would have happened. It didn't have a good variety to it, mostly downtempo. But if you chucked two or three tracks and replaced them with Graham tunes it would have worked.

User avatar
rich
Posts: 952
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 16:58
Location: London

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by rich » 07 Apr 2016, 17:31

davidsutter wrote:I still think Everyday Robots could have been a good Blur album. Think of the problems it had.
The bland, soulless production. If the guys were in on it there's no way that would have happened. It didn't have a good variety to it, mostly downtempo. But if you chucked two or three tracks and replaced them with Graham tunes it would have worked.
yeah - it would have been great to hear Dave & Alex rather than those beats from an everyday robot - er, hang on... :)

It kinda worked live with the Heavy Seas though...
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

User avatar
AstronomyD81
Posts: 244
Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 13:09

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by AstronomyD81 » 07 Apr 2016, 19:15

Maybe Im alone in this but I LOVE this album..
Image

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: unpopular blur opinions

Post by Forever Low Man » 09 Apr 2016, 16:27

AstronomyD81 wrote:Maybe Im alone in this but I LOVE this album..
which album?
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Post Reply