Gig: Madison Square Garden, NYC, 23 Oct 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Rosie

Re: Gig: New York City, 23 Oct

Post by Rosie » 26 Oct 2015, 11:38

sparkiepop wrote:It was at Spin, Susan Sarandon's ping pong place. I was on the band's guestlist and had the wristband but it was pretty loose and I noticed more fans slipping in after a couple of hours. I looked for you, Sushi, at the Blur Superfan meetup - kept asking everyone if they were you. :(
On the band's guestlist? Woow!! You have to be a vip!
I always wondered if also "normal people" who dont' know anyone important, can enter to a after-party, but I think it's no so likely....otherwise they will be invaded from big corwds!
I'm very glad you entered and ejoyed the party!!

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 26 Oct 2015, 12:55

sparkiepop wrote:It wasn't sold out, there were loads of empty seats in the stands. :/ (But don't tell the band that.)
That's right. Yesterday I saw a vid from MSG on youtube (can't remember which song, I saw several vids from MSG yesterday), and I noticed that at least the floor wasn's sold out.
sparkiepop wrote:Dave running around the ping pong table with three other people was so funny to watch!
:lol:

thespider

Post by thespider » 26 Oct 2015, 13:21

Well they didn't sell out a big gig on their own turf (London) this year but like a few people have already said, sometimes it's definitely nicer to have more space. Hyde Park was definitely more enjoyable for my wife and I this summer cos we had space to move.
Bowie's just confirmed the release date for his album, you never know
Oh man......PLEASE! PLEASE!!!!!

Liese

Post by Liese » 26 Oct 2015, 15:00

beatfloh wrote:
sparkiepop wrote:My friend just said there are about 20 people in line right now. Wow.
I know 6 of them :lol: sadly I'm not one of them. I wonder if they all got numbered again, not sure whether people from NYC understand that rule :P
Wish I had been there too... Sounds like a brilliant night!
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 26 Oct 2015, 15:23

Liese wrote:
beatfloh wrote:
sparkiepop wrote:My friend just said there are about 20 people in line right now. Wow.
I know 6 of them :lol: sadly I'm not one of them. I wonder if they all got numbered again, not sure whether people from NYC understand that rule :P
Wish I had been there too... Sounds like a brilliant night!
oh and she tried to number people

zoozilla

Post by zoozilla » 26 Oct 2015, 16:29

I really liked Courtney Barnett's set, too. Definitely made me want to check out her album.

I'm so jealous of everyone who went to the after-party! There were a group of us who waited outside of MSG watching stage equipment being loaded onto trucks in the slim hopes that members of the band would pop out. We did see Mike Smith and backing singers, which made us unreasonably hopeful that the band would appear. Alas, it was not to be...

That said, I was so exhausted after the concert that I don't know if I could've handled an after-party anyway.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 27 Oct 2015, 04:06

Finally got my video of Tender uploaded :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaMz44qzcU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's the only full song I recorded. I figured I would do it because it's always been a very special song to me, and it is without a doubt my most played song of all time. Obviously I love it a lot, so I wanted to always remember the first time I heard it live. Such a wonderful experience :) I also wanted to record it in case Damon sang "Don't Vote for Donald Trump" there like he did in LA, which he did :P it looked so magical with all of the cell phone lights waving around. I tried to capture the crowd a time or two, just for a bit, because I was very impressed with it.

Blureu

Post by Blureu » 27 Oct 2015, 18:55

There's a great recording of the show on Dime.

Was End Of A Century a newly played song for this year?

Vorsprung

Post by Vorsprung » 27 Oct 2015, 21:42

I'm not tech savy enough for torrents and perhaps I'm sadly too far gone in the instant gratification of our tech era and spoiled by the available shows on MEGA, but I'd love for the MSG show to be posted at some point!

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 27 Oct 2015, 22:37

Finally got around to watching the Parklife video.

I couldn't watch it past that first verse. That was too perfect.
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 28 Oct 2015, 08:09

Forever Low Man wrote:Finally got around to watching the Parklife video.

I couldn't watch it past that first verse. That was too perfect.
That girl was great wasn't she? :)

Veikko
Site Admin

Post by Veikko » 28 Oct 2015, 16:32

Vorsprung wrote:I'm not tech savy enough for torrents and perhaps I'm sadly too far gone in the instant gratification of our tech era and spoiled by the available shows on MEGA, but I'd love for the MSG show to be posted at some point!
IMHO, using Dime is technically as difficult as finding the link in this bloated post:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;) Enjoy the gig!

Vorsprung

Post by Vorsprung » 28 Oct 2015, 23:10

Veikko,

Thank you.

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 29 Oct 2015, 16:38

Hell yeah~ I didn't even think of looking for the recording yet! Cheers Veikko & to whomever recorded & shared the audio!

Vorsprung

Post by Vorsprung » 30 Oct 2015, 20:30

I don't know why exactly but I've fallen out of love with "out of time"

It's beautiful and its message is certainly apropos, but over the years it's worn out on me.

I'd much rather they replace with "under the westway"

Live

Gorgeous song - easily my top 3 blur all time

Loved "country sad" but the back up singers change the song entirely