BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Post Reply
User avatar
zoozilla
Posts: 109
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 22:35
Location: Japan

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by zoozilla » 26 Oct 2015, 16:33

I live right next to an art-house/repertory theatre that showed that Pulp documentary that came out a while back, so I'm really hoping that the Blur doc will play there too.

User avatar
Mallard No. 22
Posts: 2505
Joined: 01 Oct 2014, 07:46
Location: North East UK

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 29 Oct 2015, 09:09

I concur that BBC4 is best for music documentaries now.

I think the NWT doc has a good chance of being shown on there.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

User avatar
eloisekate
Posts: 47
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 01:55

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by eloisekate » 29 Oct 2015, 15:30

all the premiere locations will be posted here as they're announced http://damonalbarn.tumblr.com/post/1321 ... rld-towers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JAIME
Posts: 2204
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by JAIME » 03 Nov 2015, 19:32

http://cphdox.dk/en/programme/film/?id=3367" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New World Towers

From an unexpected breakthrough in Hong Kong, which became the first tentative steps towards the first album as a reunited band after 16 years, via a spectacular show at home in London, and back again to Hong Kong in an emotional reunion with the audience. 'New World Towers' portrays Blur's reunion and the inner life of the British band – and not least the special dynamics between the singer Damon Albarn and the guitarist Graham Coxon. At times a sorely tested, but ultimately indestructible and deeply musical friendship, which shines through on the new album 'The Magic Whip'. Blur is a band that has never been afraid of exploring new avenues, and in personal recordings and interviews with the four bandmates we see how a perfectly timed recording session unexpectedly gave rise to the new album, but also raised new questions about the band's future.

Screenings

Date Time Location
Thu. 05/11 19:00 Grand Teatret (Meet the director. World Premiere)
Wed. 11/11 21:30 Teltet
Sat. 14/11 21:30 Absalon
Image

User avatar
Mark72
Posts: 1145
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 09:52
Location: Merrie Land
Contact:

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by Mark72 » 04 Nov 2015, 01:38

This took me back 5 years ago, the trailer for NDLTR.....talk about goosebumps!

http://youtu.be/6iYxdghpJZY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

JAIME
Posts: 2204
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by JAIME » 05 Nov 2015, 19:33

JAIME wrote:http://cphdox.dk/en/programme/film/?id=3367

New World Towers

Date Time Location
Thu. 05/11 19:00 Grand Teatret (Meet the director. World Premiere)
The End.
Let's wait for the comments from the Danish audience on the web.
Image

nstar
Posts: 9
Joined: 13 Oct 2014, 20:46

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by nstar » 05 Nov 2015, 22:07

It was alright. But you gotta be a hardcore fan to really enjoy it. It's build up of four sync-interview (Damon, Graham and Alex at their respective homes, and Dave in a cab), some Hi-8 recordings the band made them selfs in Hong Kong, ALOT of concert footage (maybe too much?) from the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre - gig and Hyde Park (a bit from all of them), and some really beautiful stock footage from the streets of Hong Kong.

The best parts was Damon biking through London to Hyde Park, and biking right through the security to the backstagearea and a great 10-20 second clip from the studio in Hong Kong, where Damon plays a new song for the first time, and Graham realizes it sounds like Oasis' Whatever, and begins playing it. (Everyone laughed).

metalhipslop
Posts: 803
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 02:13
Location: The Great White North

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by metalhipslop » 05 Nov 2015, 23:13

Sounds amazing. I'm really more interested in the backstage/raw footage of the band hanging out jamming new music in Hong Kong more than the interviews. What I love about NDLTR is it shows so much unseen stuff from the 90's
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7738
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by tom_cas1 » 05 Nov 2015, 23:22

Anyone else wish the original HK demo tracks would be released? That'd be excellent.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7047
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by TripleJay97 » 05 Nov 2015, 23:25

tom_cas1 wrote:Anyone else wish the original HK demo tracks would be released? That'd be excellent.
Of course! GIVE US THE JAAAAAAAAAAMS
Image

User avatar
bugman
Posts: 970
Joined: 23 Sep 2014, 20:21

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by bugman » 06 Nov 2015, 06:37

tom_cas1 wrote:Anyone else wish the original HK demo tracks would be released? That'd be excellent.
Really? They arent tracks, they arent songs just some ideas,Basic demos. You really want hear something like piano or nutter (of course now + guitar)

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by Forever Low Man » 06 Nov 2015, 13:42

bugman wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Anyone else wish the original HK demo tracks would be released? That'd be excellent.
Really? They arent tracks, they arent songs just some ideas,Basic demos. You really want hear something like piano or nutter (of course now + guitar)
Yes.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Kibarry
Posts: 31
Joined: 20 Sep 2015, 19:44

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by Kibarry » 06 Nov 2015, 17:53

Any other spoilers / feedback about the film?

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7738
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by tom_cas1 » 06 Nov 2015, 17:56

Forever Low Man wrote:
bugman wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Anyone else wish the original HK demo tracks would be released? That'd be excellent.
Really? They arent tracks, they arent songs just some ideas,Basic demos. You really want hear something like piano or nutter (of course now + guitar)
Yes.
Yes.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

JAIME
Posts: 2204
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by JAIME » 06 Nov 2015, 19:18

nstar wrote:It was alright. But you gotta be a hardcore fan to really enjoy it. It's build up of four sync-interview (Damon, Graham and Alex at their respective homes, and Dave in a cab), some Hi-8 recordings the band made them selfs in Hong Kong, ALOT of concert footage (maybe too much?) from the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre - gig and Hyde Park (a bit from all of them), and some really beautiful stock footage from the streets of Hong Kong.

The best parts was Damon biking through London to Hyde Park, and biking right through the security to the backstagearea and a great 10-20 second clip from the studio in Hong Kong, where Damon plays a new song for the first time, and Graham realizes it sounds like Oasis' Whatever, and begins playing it. (Everyone laughed).
Thank you very much nstar :P
Image

Post Reply