Blur interview in The Guardian (Kanye West etc.)

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

aldamasta

Re: Blur interview in The Guardian (Kanye West etc.)

Post by aldamasta » 05 Aug 2015, 16:35

I bet Del will reappear on the new Gorillaz record, along with De La Soul. I'd love to have Andre 3K back, his verse on Do Ya Thing was fuckin awesome IMO. As far as new collaborators, I think a Kendrick feature is VERY likely. Last year Damon said Kendrick is the only current rapper who has interested him, and after Kendrick collaborated with Taylor Swift, it'd be hard to imagine that he would say no to a collab with Gorillaz. I'd also like to see Chali 2na (anybody know Jurassic 5 here?), and it could be likely, since Damon has always liked sort of underground/alternative hip-hop.

Melon_Collie

Post by Melon_Collie » 05 Aug 2015, 16:40

What's weird is that for the longest time I wanted David Byrne and 2 Chainz on a Gorillaz record... now those two are on the new De La Soul album along with Damon.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 05 Aug 2015, 16:45

David Byrne would be great! They need a new, older singer. No more Bobby or Lou Reed :(

JordanPowers

Post by JordanPowers » 05 Aug 2015, 19:12

Melon_Collie wrote:
munch wrote:Be funny if Kanye is on the next Gorillaz record :lol:
I'd be super curious to see how Kanye and Damon would get along.
Kanye's not THAT great on a feature though... hopefully Damon lands Kendrick.
They've actually met each other a few times before. Damon went to a G.O.O.D Music concert afterparty and performed with Kanye West, De La Soul, Kid Cudi, Big Sean, Will.I.Am, and Nas. Not only that, but Damon's tried to get Kanye to go on an Africa Express bus with him but he was busy with something else at the time. I'm pretty sure they're cool with each other.
Last edited by JordanPowers on 12 Dec 2015, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
TripleJay97 wrote:
Westway wrote:this should be in the blur section
You should be off the Blur forum

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 06 Aug 2015, 19:16

I didn't know that he tried to get Kanye to come with Africa Express. I've seen the GOOD music after party video though, so I assumed they were cool. Honestly I'd kill for a Kanye and Damon collaboration, I just think it'd be really interesting.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 07 Aug 2015, 11:53

aldamasta wrote:I didn't know that he tried to get Kanye to come with Africa Express. I've seen the GOOD music after party video though, so I assumed they were cool. Honestly I'd kill for a Kanye and Damon collaboration, I just think it'd be really interesting.
It'd be incredible. :mrgreen:

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 07 Aug 2015, 21:01

For what it's worth, I thought Graham's comments were kinda disappointing. It's one thing not liking Kanye, but the completely dismissive way Graham talked about him wasn't his finest moment. He was probably just a bit grouchy though.

Agree with those who say this has been overblown as clickbait etc, but nevertheless not nice seeing the bad PR.

3d

Post by 3d » 08 Aug 2015, 13:54

seems this dude seems to rub people up the wrong way... see corey taylor's recent reaction...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOyfWUq_214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ...

i can see where graham is coming from and in all honesty, i couldn't name 1 of the guy's songs... the only time i see him mentioned is for some making some ridiculous claim or doing something "controversial" ... each time i move on.. completely no interest...

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » 08 Aug 2015, 16:59

He's So High wrote:For what it's worth, I thought Graham's comments were kinda disappointing. It's one thing not liking Kanye, but the completely dismissive way Graham talked about him wasn't his finest moment. He was probably just a bit grouchy though.

Agree with those who say this has been overblown as clickbait etc, but nevertheless not nice seeing the bad PR.

'Disappointing'? You've led a sheltered life! He's a bloke in a band, not the Dalai Lama.

I'm bored with incredibly bland, media-trained musicians who don't seem to have an opinion on anything. More bitching please!

:D

Simon le bon

Post by Simon le bon » 09 Aug 2015, 21:26

agreed!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 11 Aug 2015, 07:04

Yes, good point.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 12 Aug 2015, 20:21

mishmosh wrote:
He's So High wrote:For what it's worth, I thought Graham's comments were kinda disappointing. It's one thing not liking Kanye, but the completely dismissive way Graham talked about him wasn't his finest moment. He was probably just a bit grouchy though.

'Disappointing'? You've led a sheltered life! He's a bloke in a band, not the Dalai Lama.

I'm bored with incredibly bland, media-trained musicians who don't seem to have an opinion on anything. More bitching please!

:D
The voice of reason and common sense at long last. :D

Jason

Post by Jason » 26 Aug 2015, 04:07

I think there are more people that agree with Graham's sentiments than disagree. I'm surprised that this is a big deal. :?

Also, in my browser the article title shows up in the tab as:

Blur: 'We used to take it in...'

Now THAT's an interview I'd like to read!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 26 Aug 2015, 07:30

Jason wrote:I think there are more people that agree with Graham's sentiments than disagree. I'm surprised that this is a big deal. :?
Certainly amongst true music fans, yes.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 26 Aug 2015, 09:23

Jason wrote:Also, in my browser the article title shows up in the tab as:

Blur: 'We used to take it in...'

Now THAT's an interview I'd like to read!
:lol: :lol: