blur songs that sound better/you prefer live?

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

meznez

Re: blur songs that sound better/you prefer live?

Post by meznez » 03 Aug 2015, 06:55

Rhys wrote:Thought I Was a Spaceman. I think it is much more atmospheric live, and that cool mirrorball
lighting effect totally suits it. The way it seamlessly transitions into Trimm Trabb is brilliant.
Agree with this 100%! Didn't really like the song on the album but after seeing it live I really have a new appreciation for it.

Also the piano only version of "out of time" that Damon did at his solo show had me in tears. It's probably my all time favourite blur song but in my opinion the piano version gives it a whole new beauty. My tears may have been aided by the fact that I had only had 3 hours sleep (had to fly to see him)-everyday robots also made me teary- but I had been waiting so long to hear out of time live that hearing it with just Damon and piano made it seem so pure. His voice was beautiful.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 04 Aug 2015, 00:06

meznez wrote:
Rhys wrote:Thought I Was a Spaceman. I think it is much more atmospheric live, and that cool mirrorball
lighting effect totally suits it. The way it seamlessly transitions into Trimm Trabb is brilliant.
Agree with this 100%! Didn't really like the song on the album but after seeing it live I really have a new appreciation for it.

Also the piano only version of "out of time" that Damon did at his solo show had me in tears. It's probably my all time favourite blur song but in my opinion the piano version gives it a whole new beauty. My tears may have been aided by the fact that I had only had 3 hours sleep (had to fly to see him)-everyday robots also made me teary- but I had been waiting so long to hear out of time live that hearing it with just Damon and piano made it seem so pure. His voice was beautiful.
It was a lovely, lovely version. His solo shows were so good. Your experience sounds beautiful :)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 04 Aug 2015, 01:09

Piano version of Out Of Time?? Where can I hear this?!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

meznez

Post by meznez » 04 Aug 2015, 01:46

tom_cas1 wrote:Piano version of Out Of Time?? Where can I hear this?!
A few people have put up their phone footage on YouTube. This is probably the best version i could find http://youtu.be/rQp6m-psRg4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately there aren't any from the show I was at (Melbourne). I recorded ~1 minute of the song but I wanted to see Damon clearly so I had my phone away from my face pointing to the ground so I don't think it's worth uploading haha. It's special to me though :)

jamie552

Post by jamie552 » 05 Aug 2015, 10:36

Most certainly Trimm Trabb. And occassionally Beetlebum when they do an extended outro live.

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 05 Aug 2015, 19:09

Beetlebum/this is a low/trim trabb
death of a party HP 09 is incredible and so is Girls and Boys
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well