Gig: Benicassim Festival, 18 Jul 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

gouranga

Gig: Benicassim Festival, 18 Jul 2015

Post by gouranga » 18 Jul 2015, 15:24

There is a radio streaming:

http://www.rtve.es/radio/radio3-endirecto/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blur starts 1:00 (GMT +1 -- Spain). But bad vibrations, yesterday no streaming for Noel Gallagher or The Prodigy. Also, Superbock TV channel lamented that Blur did not allow broadcast gig. I miss the old times when i can record Blur' 03 FIB in a cassette, with journalist comments between songs :mrgreen: .

Less restrictions on Blur gigs!! :twisted:

gouranga

Re: Gig: Benicassim Festival, 18 July

Post by gouranga » 18 Jul 2015, 19:34

According to this Radio 3 tweet, they include Blur in the coberture:

https://twitter.com/radio3_rne/status/6 ... 9437965312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"A las 22.00 más #FIBRadio3 con Blur, Los Planetas y más!"

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 18 Jul 2015, 23:03

Live now! Can anyone record it? http://www.rtve.es/radio/radio3-endirecto/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gouranga

Post by gouranga » 18 Jul 2015, 23:37

I'm recording but it's my first time!. I'm using a program called Audacity. Radio presenters demand more Magic Whip songs.

At the moment:

Go Out
Theres No Other Way
Lonesome Street
Badhead
Coffee & TV
Out Of Time
Beetlebum

gouranga

Post by gouranga » 19 Jul 2015, 00:17

He Thought of Cars and End Of A Century no played....Newspaper told something about the band going to fly after gig because the sunday they have a private commitment in Paris . Maybe that has affected the setlist.

gouranga

Post by gouranga » 19 Jul 2015, 00:29

Some people on twitter saying setlist is boring and just for fans. Well, i'm agree a bit although there are too many Blur haters. Europe is not America or Asia. Here, there are a huge tour history and fanbase. I dont understand why they only play four The Magic Whip Songs!. They think festivals are full of young people who needs discover Beetlebum? Europe is different and remember Hyde Parks, World Tour 2012...Blur sounds brilliant, better than other era but im not excited with this kind of setlist. Im not a hardcore fan who wants b-sides gig in Dallas but if you have a new album you must defend it live. Compare with FIB '99 and FIB '03.The show is great but conservative.

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 19 Jul 2015, 00:43

Yep, their approach to this tour has been way too conservative. They've played great shows but there is just no excuse for playing only 4 songs off TMW. It's quite disappointing to see that they're giving up on the album based on no reason at all –it got great reviews, the fans loved it and did pretty well in the charts. They seemed excited about releasing a brand new record but it seems that thrill is gone.

gouranga

Post by gouranga » 19 Jul 2015, 00:44

SETLIST

Go Out
Theres No Other Way
Lonesome Street
Badhead
Coffee & TV
Out Of Time
Beetlebum
Thought I Was A Spaceman
Trimm Trabb
Tender
Trouble In The Message Centre
Parklife
Ong Ong
Song 2
To The End
This Is A Low

- - Encore - -
Stereotypes
Girls & Boys
The Universal

I will upload it.

gouranga

Post by gouranga » 19 Jul 2015, 00:51

Lt Pinkerton wrote:Yep, their approach to this tour has been way too conservative. They've played great shows but there is just no excuse for playing only 4 songs off TMW. It's quite disappointing to see that they're giving up on the album based on no reason at all –it got great reviews, the fans loved it and did pretty well in the charts. They seemed excited about releasing a brand new record but it seems that thrill is gone.

The most important thing is we have new album but compare:

FIB 99 = 7/13
Tender
Bugman
Coffee & TV
B.L.U.R.E.M.I.
Battle
Trimm Trabb
No Distance Left To Run
Beetlebum
Popscene
This Is A Low
Girls & Boys
Parklife
Song 2
----------------------------

FIB 2003 = 9/17

Ambulance
Beetlebum
Girls & Boys
Gene By Gene
For Tomorrow
Good Song
Tender
Caravan
Out Of Time
Crazy Beat
Song 2
Trimm Trabb
Battery In Your Leg
The Universal
To The End
On The Way To The Club
We've Got A File On You
--------------------------------

TODAY = 4/19

gouranga

Post by gouranga » 19 Jul 2015, 01:20

BLUR 18 JULY 2015

220MB 320KBPS

https://mega.nz/#!rNAwTCLC!4uwVhKxCM0Vq ... 7bDecFeDd4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good nights.

(Sorry if i have been grumpy with setlist. Being positive, we never imagine this, Blur in 2015 with new album and strong health).

Noke

Post by Noke » 19 Jul 2015, 03:26

I just got back from this. They were excellent, everybody loved it. I can't speak for tomorrow's bands, obviously, but they blew away anyone at the festival up to now in terms of atmosphere, Noel and The Prodigy included. There were four tracks from TMW, but I don't see any problem with that. They must be conscious that it doesn't have too many radio-friendly moments, in spite of its quality. No other surprises but it's a festival, you have to work the crowd, and they worked them beautifully. And they didn't cut it short, they were scheduled to finish at 2.30 and I think they ran over by a few minutes.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 19 Jul 2015, 03:34

gouranga wrote:BLUR 18 JULY 2015

220MB 320KBPS

https://mega.nz/#!rNAwTCLC!4uwVhKxCM0Vq ... 7bDecFeDd4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good nights.

(Sorry if i have been grumpy with setlist. Being positive, we never imagine this, Blur in 2015 with new album and strong health).
Thanks for recording it for us!

I agree that they should play more songs from TMW. The Wolverhampton show was the perfect example of new songs and old songs together, but then after that show they dropped loads.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Veikko
Site Admin

Post by Veikko » 19 Jul 2015, 10:21

Thanks gouranga! I loved listening to this last night, such a great performance (for example, "Ong Ong" just keeps getting better and better!)

Petter

Post by Petter » 19 Jul 2015, 11:53

Yeah, I was also listening last night. I was also a bit worried when they left out so many TMW songs, but if they want to create a great party this is the perfect setlist... It sounded amazing and I felt a bit gutted that I probably won't be able to see them this year...

Next gig is Hong Kong. I expect some of the TMW songs will be back in the set; Ghost Ship and New World Towers with their Hong Kong references? And There Are Too Many of Us, with lyrics written i Sydney, should be back for the Australian dates..?

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 19 Jul 2015, 16:18

thanks for the recording!