Gig: BST Hyde Park, London, 20 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

miko

Re: Gig: BST Hyde Park, 20 June

Post by miko » 12 Jun 2015, 14:06

gwyper wrote:
Sean wrote:I consider myself a hardcore Blur fan (how wanky does that sound :lol: ) and I'm swerving Hyde Park this time. I know loads of equally hardcore Blurries who aren't bothering this time. It's shit isn't it. Too big, too impersonal, full of knobheads and the sound is rubbish.
They've done small venues for their tour.

I'd much rather small venues such as Wolverhampton, Blackpool and Glasgow culminating in the massive Hyde Park than them doing a bunch of arenas.
Yeah kudos to them for that. I mean they still seem to have this oldschool notion about playing gigs. Smaller venues will ALWAYS top big arenas. No doubt about that. Gosh I still remember Graham's solo gig in Berlin in that cramped, 'end of the street' little pub. Never have I've been at a better show really. Intimate, banter inducing, extremely loud, visceral gig. Seeing Blur in similar circumstances would be a dream come true for me.

Do you think we get another DVD out of this affair? :mrgreen:

johnol

Post by johnol » 12 Jun 2015, 14:44

Any chance of seeing blur makes my fucking year '!!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 12 Jun 2015, 15:38

Any cheap tickets yet?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Sean

Post by Sean » 12 Jun 2015, 16:09

gwyper wrote:
Sean wrote:I consider myself a hardcore Blur fan (how wanky does that sound :lol: ) and I'm swerving Hyde Park this time. I know loads of equally hardcore Blurries who aren't bothering this time. It's shit isn't it. Too big, too impersonal, full of knobheads and the sound is rubbish.
They've done small venues for their tour.

I'd much rather small venues such as Wolverhampton, Blackpool and Glasgow culminating in the massive Hyde Park than them doing a bunch of arenas.
Absolutely, it beats touring arenas. The "warm up" shows (as if they're actually warm ups :mrgreen:) are always the best.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

Wippet

Post by Wippet » 12 Jun 2015, 16:52

I can't see any positives why they play Hyde Park? It's not if they need the cash, all minted.

Neal Zeal

Post by Neal Zeal » 12 Jun 2015, 17:10

Wippet wrote:I can't see any positives why they play Hyde Park? It's not if they need the cash, all minted.
I think they like the symbolism.
The Olympics concert must have been one of their all-time favourites, and they want to try and recreate the vibe.
Look on the bright side. The duff line-up means we'll probably be able to get tickets for £30 by the middle of next week.

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 12 Jun 2015, 19:28

Wippet wrote:I can't see any positives why they play Hyde Park? It's not if they need the cash, all minted.
Surely just reaching the most amount of people?

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 12 Jun 2015, 19:51

He's So High wrote:
Surely just reaching the most amount of people?
Exactly. How much PR will Hyde Park generate compared to a run of mill arena tour?

Bloodbuzz459

Post by Bloodbuzz459 » 12 Jun 2015, 22:16

As a heads up I actually have two spare GA tickets.

I ordered them the other day but to cut a long story short their not needed just waiting for them to come through the post tomorrow/Monday then was going to put a note on the Buy Sell Swap section and advertise on gumtree etc.

I'd send them guaranteed next day delivery with tracking well in time for Saturday, I wouldn't expect the full amount back (£160.00) but obviously I couldn't quite give them away either. Either way they'd be a discounted price and I'd rather get them to a genuine fan.

Miki

Post by Miki » 13 Jun 2015, 12:32

Got my tickets today. I was getting a bit worried, as I'm also seeing Beck on Thursday and it's only in five days! Pheeew! Panic over :mrgreen:

Is there a thread about the Forum meetup and what has been decided for Saturday?
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

EverydayRobot

Post by EverydayRobot » 13 Jun 2015, 18:48

Only 1 week to go!!!!! :mrgreen:

It's my first time seeing Blur play Hyde Park AND it will be my first open air gig too! (omg that's embarrassing for a 28 year old to admit :oops: )

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 13 Jun 2015, 18:52

Excitement has properly set in now 8-)

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 13 Jun 2015, 18:59

It's my first time seeing blur! I've watched the Hyde park DVDs to death so it'll be really weird being there and seeing them
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

Neal Zeal

Post by Neal Zeal » 14 Jun 2015, 07:10

Miki wrote:Got my tickets today. I was getting a bit worried, as I'm also seeing Beck on Thursday and it's only in five days! Pheeew! Panic over :mrgreen:

Is there a thread about the Forum meetup and what has been decided for Saturday?
Don't know, miki, but sounds like good idea. From previous Hyde park meetups I thimk a pub near Marble Arch tube is usually a good idea as quite near to the concert entry point.

Miki

Post by Miki » 14 Jun 2015, 14:41

I thought there were talks about a possible meet up. I noticed one has been organized by the Blur Fans Group on Facebook and I know several people from here are in that group. So are we going with that one?
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...