Gig: BST Hyde Park, London, 20 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Rosie

Re: Gig: BST Hyde Park, 20 June

Post by Rosie » 22 Jun 2015, 08:30

Yes, beautiful photo Rich, and how nice to see the gig with your daughter! I'd like also if my children would come with me, maybe next time I'll see Blur..

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 22 Jun 2015, 08:34

LeahJB90 wrote:Had such an incredible time on Saturday! We were all chuffed with the setlist, pretty perfect in our eyes.
Atmosphere was great, even with all the rain (after 30 mins we all just got used to it and got on with it haha)!

Only downfall was we did cross paths with a few silly people in the crowd, one INCREDIBLY tall guy in specific who decided to make moronic statements like 'You weren't even around when Blur were at their biggest' while we were waiting for them to come on. This kind of attitude is utterly ridiculous and we just laughed in his face. He then insisted of standing infront of everyone, completely still when Blur played. Luckily he got fed up of people having a good time and some short ladies next to us complaining and left, so that was a bonus.

But overall, amazing day! Now got post Blur blues back at work.
Ahh... the 'I was there at the start, mate' type bore. It's just whether you're unlucky enough to bump into them, they're often milling around waiting for some poor, unsuspecting nice fan to pounce on. Glad to hear he shoved off in the end. To play the 'seasoned veteran' card at a huge outdoor gig like Hyde Park is pretty stupid - what's he expect? It's going to be full of all sorts. Sounds like you had a much more wicked time then him anyway. Good for you.

Had one at a Soul II Soul gig we went to in Bristol earlier this year. He preceded to do the usual 'You two don't look old enough to remember them first time around' thing. Which rather pleased me as I'll be 40 next year. :) Then made it known he knew Jazzie B from back in the day and was mates from way back at some club or other. Oh yeah, how come you aren't back stage living it up with ol' Jazzie then?

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 22 Jun 2015, 09:43

Wonderful photos Rich! And yes, great that you went with your daughter to see them. Must have been a special moment! I'd love to take my kids to see Blur too but I need to have some first. :lol:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

miko

Post by miko » 22 Jun 2015, 14:38

Mark72 wrote:Another positive review. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/revie ... YrtV3sux2m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Graham and Dave re-enter the stage in giant beetle costumes before the close of their set. Meanwhile, Damon continues the dairy theme and conceals himself in a giant 99 while Alex emerges in a comically large red ensemble. It's homage to their recent video game-inspired 'Ong Ong' music video
Did that really happen?! Hilarious! :lol:

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 22 Jun 2015, 14:45

The first time the costumes made an appearance (during Ong Ong of course) Blur were on stage playing, so obviously not them! :D

The second time was during the encore break when they wandered on and off again. Were the band in the suits that time? Didn't think so - they seemed to come back on stage far too quickly to have changed back into their normal clothes again.

miko

Post by miko » 22 Jun 2015, 15:02

Yeah the journo was talking about the encore, before playing Universal.
Ah so it probably were the same blokes who dressed up for Ong Ong. Still quite funny :D

rich

Post by rich » 22 Jun 2015, 15:06

yeah it's a good review but lazy/dumb journalism!

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 22 Jun 2015, 15:08

I'll make sure I put some pictures up here and videos on YouTube when I sort my phone out
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

twostep

Post by twostep » 22 Jun 2015, 15:10

I wanted to check out the merch stand to see if they had any extra merchandise for Hyde Park (as they have done in previous years) but I didn't make it over there in the end. Did anyone check it out/was there anything new?
it's me, d4p

they would compare her to lilies, and she had to go to parties, and london was so dreary

rich

Post by rich » 22 Jun 2015, 15:23

twostep wrote:I wanted to check out the merch stand to see if they had any extra merchandise for Hyde Park (as they have done in previous years) but I didn't make it over there in the end. Did anyone check it out/was there anything new?
I checked - nothing that wasn't on the website - oh, apart from a crap Metronomy T shirt :roll:

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 22 Jun 2015, 15:27

Talking of Metronomy, what did people think of them? Maybe it's just not for me, but thought they were very underwhelming. From where I was standing they seemed a little out of their depth really. Nothing much grabbed me. Total lack of stage presence with thingy stuck behind his keyboard constantly.

Unfair comparison I know, but when Damon came on it just showed how the real deal musicans OWN a stage from the off.

rich

Post by rich » 22 Jun 2015, 15:40

In truth I was very pissed off with them - I was quite near the front and the sound was awful - plonky synth beats totally overwhelming their weedy vocals - with everything out of balance. Quite a shame cos some of their songs are quite good...

JackS

Post by JackS » 22 Jun 2015, 16:27

101reykjavik wrote:Talking of Metronomy, what did people think of them? Maybe it's just not for me, but thought they were very underwhelming. From where I was standing they seemed a little out of their depth really. Nothing much grabbed me. Total lack of stage presence with thingy stuck behind his keyboard constantly.

Unfair comparison I know, but when Damon came on it just showed how the real deal musicans OWN a stage from the off.
I don't know what I was more underwhelmed by: Metronomy, or an £8 "craft" vodka cocktail which I am fairly sure was just lemonade.

miko

Post by miko » 22 Jun 2015, 17:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmjFO2E3P1s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pretty sure that's not them. too cheerful :lol:

Sean

Post by Sean » 22 Jun 2015, 17:29

Haha! That can't be them. Graham in particular would never carry on like that. :lol:
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS