Gig: BST Hyde Park, London, 20 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

PersonL

Re: Gig: BST Hyde Park, 20 June

Post by PersonL » 17 Jun 2015, 17:06

Mark72 wrote:I'm going in via west entrance to the premium view, I take it that its a good spot. Bit unsure as in '12 I was quite a way back for the '12 gig.
How soon before they played did you go into the crowd?

twostep wrote:All stage times are on the BST app
Thanks!

danisrubbish

Post by danisrubbish » 17 Jun 2015, 17:12

Could a really lovely, beautiful person post the stage times for Saturday. I can't get the app and for all my searching can't seem to get all the info another way. If there's too much to post just tell me to get stuffed and sort out my retro phone.

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 17 Jun 2015, 17:23

PersonL wrote:
Mark72 wrote:I'm going in via west entrance to the premium view, I take it that its a good spot. Bit unsure as in '12 I was quite a way back for the '12 gig.
How soon before they played did you go into the crowd?
We got there around 3pm through the general admission in'12 and it was rammed and by the time the band started we were about 200 yards from the sound desk very disappointing sound...but Wolverhampton the week before made up for that!

Just wondering if anybody has been in the premium view area via the west entrance before, guess I'll find out Saturday as We'll be there in the queue from 12:30! :D
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 17 Jun 2015, 17:27

danisrubbish wrote:Could a really lovely, beautiful person post the stage times for Saturday. I can't get the app and for all my searching can't seem to get all the info another way. If there's too much to post just tell me to get stuffed and sort out my retro phone.
It's here
http://www.bst-hydepark.com/whats-on-1/ ... -weekend-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

danisrubbish

Post by danisrubbish » 17 Jun 2015, 17:31

Mark72 wrote:
danisrubbish wrote:Could a really lovely, beautiful person post the stage times for Saturday. I can't get the app and for all my searching can't seem to get all the info another way. If there's too much to post just tell me to get stuffed and sort out my retro phone.
It's here
http://www.bst-hydepark.com/whats-on-1/ ... -weekend-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well tickle me pink, thanks a lot. I've confirmed I'm useless on the internet.

EverydayRobot

Post by EverydayRobot » 17 Jun 2015, 17:40

Hey guys I'll be arriving at HP around midday-ish, I've got a general admission ticket.What are my chances of getting a place near the front?

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 17 Jun 2015, 17:47

Just checked out Blur's support acts...ugh awful!

Guess that's the state of modern music...I was at Knebworth for Oasis (who I was pretty unimpressed with live despite all the hype), support acts for their own gig:

Chemical Brothers, Ocean Colour Scene, Manic Street Preachers and The Prodigy (who were awesome that day)...bit different lol.

danisrubbish

Post by danisrubbish » 17 Jun 2015, 18:20

Sledge Hammer wrote:Just checked out Blur's support acts...ugh awful!

Guess that's the state of modern music...I was at Knebworth for Oasis (who I was pretty unimpressed with live despite all the hype), support acts for their own gig:

Chemical Brothers, Ocean Colour Scene, Manic Street Preachers and The Prodigy (who were awesome that day)...bit different lol.
Agreed it's not the best bill, but Drenge and Teleman are both really good for those that are early. They do clash though, so I'd opt for Drenge.

JackS

Post by JackS » 17 Jun 2015, 19:28

It's the gap between The Horrors and Blur that I'm having trouble with. Other than Roots Manuva, is there anything else worth seeing?

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 Jun 2015, 19:39

Who else on here is seeing Beck tomorrow?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

windymiller

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by windymiller » 17 Jun 2015, 19:47

tom_cas1 wrote:I've been told that Blur originally wanted Beck to support them but Beck had already committed to supporting The Strokes as they were booked before Blur. Damn...Blur AND Beck would have been amazing!
I still think they were both gonna support Blur but BST got greedy and split it over 2 nights. Not that it worked.

WillRobson186

Post by WillRobson186 » 17 Jun 2015, 19:54

I rate Metronomy, pretty neat band. Fufanu were also surprisingly decent from when I saw them support Damon at RAH.

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 17 Jun 2015, 20:00

Sledge Hammer wrote:Just checked out Blur's support acts...ugh awful!

Blur's support acts are not as good as The Strokes' (Beck and Future Islands, holy shit) but they're not that bad. I'd rather see The Horrors than godawful Ocean Colour Scene :mrgreen:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 Jun 2015, 20:18

Blur wanted Beck as a support act but he'd already confirmed to support The Strokes before Blur were confirmed.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

tom_cas1

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 Jun 2015, 20:20

windymiller wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:I've been told that Blur originally wanted Beck to support them but Beck had already committed to supporting The Strokes as they were booked before Blur. Damn...Blur AND Beck would have been amazing!
I still think they were both gonna support Blur but BST got greedy and split it over 2 nights. Not that it worked.
That would have been much better. How the Strokes are headlining anyway, God alone knows. It should be Beck!